Evil dead remake trailer!!!

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
I am a huge movie geek, mostly horror movies from the 80's or movies like Back to the future! But this one has really got me excited! Evil Dead REMAKE!

I just saw that the trailer is due out today on a horror blog, horror-movies.ca but there is a sneak peek for the actual trailer... Which is strange, a trailer for a trailer! :eek:

Any fans of evil dead should certainly keep look out for the trailer hitting youtube http://www.evildeadtrailer.com

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just been reading about the 1982 the evil dead film..Not sure if i seen it, but its cheap on the new and used amazon , so i might buy it..Its got good reviews on Blockbuster site..( well 3 people like it :D)
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another classic that doesn't need remaking. It'll be forgotten and not spoken of ever again around 6 months after release...
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groovy!
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the Evil Dead remake trailer, which I saw a link to from Yahoo's site.

I'm intrigued by it and will definitely watch it. In the trailer I saw a bit that looks like the remake equivalent of Cheryl after she becomes one of the 'deadites' and warns the others that they will all die. As a big fan of the original film, which I've watched countless times, the new take looked like it was lacking. I will keep an open mind though.

One thing I particularly love about the original is how the deadites look progressively more rotten and putrid as the film goes on. I hope the makeup is good for this remake!
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Another classic that doesn't need remaking. It'll be forgotten and not spoken of ever again around 6 months after release...

^^This is my concern as well. So far I have really not enjoyed any of the remakes of late 70s and 80s horror classics. What I liked about the recent 'The Thing' though was that it was a prequel and they were aiming to make a companion piece to the John Carpenter film: I personally think what they achieved was excellent for that.

I'm optimistic about the remake though and a big part of that is because it was produced by Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert, who were behind the original.
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    I've just watched the Evil Dead remake trailer, which I saw a link to from Yahoo's site.

Do yourself a favour and check out the redband trailer on Youtube; it's something else entirely. As much as I want to see this one, I'm not sure I'll have the stomach for it, to be honest...
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I watched the original a month or so back and it hasn't really stood the test of time at all.

It may be synonymous with eighties horror, but a classic it's not.

And though too many lousy remakes does make us all weary, at least they're not digging on sacred ground with this one.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Its been so long since I saw a good horror and I think this film may break that trend. I like the originals and I'm quite looking forward to this.

The redband trailer is somethin ...... I cant watch the bit at the end where
    yer one licks the knife and slits her toungue ...

Yuk !
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    intruder2k wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and check out the redband trailer on Youtube; it's something else entirely. As much as I want to see this one, I'm not sure I'll have the stomach for it, to be honest...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad I watched it after dinner though. It looks a tad too gory in parts, but it is nice to see that they've retained the infamous things from the first film including the taunting!

I think my stomach will be put to the test when I see it too.

Frankly I think Evil Dead (the original) is a classic of the horror genre and it showed that a lot could be achieved with a rather small budget. The stories behind how they got funding and who they convinced to part with their money in order to make the film, as well as the woes during production, are legendary; to would-be film makers I'd say they're also downright inspiring.