Lance Armstrong Confesses to Oprah!

124»

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    That he did - we got a few glimpses of it as well, the repeated "now listen" to Oprah and the attempting to make a joke about the Betsy Andreu business.

My over-riding impression of of him was of someone who actually believes his own bullshit. There's no way back from that.

I found it very telling too when he told Oprah that he regretted making his comeback as this eventually caused him to be found out. That doesn't sound at all like a guy full of remorse, more like one who was annoyed that he had been exposed.
  • rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has her treatment got to do with Lance Armstrong? She was never in his team. From all accounts cycling was rampant with drugs at he time he is alleged to of done it. That's why I don't understand this outrage at just him... He wasn't alone

No he wasn't. But nobody else won the Tour de France 7 times and from that, gone onto make millions and millions of pounds from sponserships and his empire.

August 2005: After allegations of doping in the French sports daily L'Equipe, Armstrong responds: "Unfortunately, the witch hunt continues. (This) article is nothing short of tabloid journalism. (I have) never taken performance-enhancing drugs." On CNN's Larry King Live: "I have never doped, I can say it again, but I have said it for seven years — it doesn't help."

:(
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    That doesn't sound at all like a guy full of remorse, more like one who was annoyed that he had been exposed.

Spot on. The only thing he is sorry about is that he got caught.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top athlete reveals he took drugs.

Next week Oprah interviews Winnie the Pooh, when he reveals that wooded areas are his favourite place to have a dump.
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Top athlete reveals he took drugs.

Next week Oprah interviews Winnie the Pooh, when he reveals that wooded areas are his favourite place to have a dump.

Week later the Pope will be revealing his religious affiliation.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winning the Tour is a TEAM effort not just Lance on his own.. And those of you who think that only his team where doing it know nothing about the sport at the time.. Drugs where rife then.. Many riders where caught doing drugs and many who left his team continued doing drugs.. If they only did it because he made them how come they continued after they left the team?
    I don't like Lance Armstrong for what he did ... But he wasn't alone...
    Also Jose saying give tour to the rider who came second... Not possible he was doing drugs too.. Infact you would have to go to about tenth before you could get a drug free winner.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to know what Queen Sheryl of Crow thinks of the situation.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing he's sorry about is getting caught. He and the disgraceful Marion Jones are two peas in a pod.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contrition is not Lance's style, it seems. His defence is everyone else was doing it, so he had to dope to create "a level playing field" and that was not cheating because he did not have an unfair advantage over the other riders, who were, he maintains, already doping.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winning the Tour is a TEAM effort not just Lance on his own.. And those of you who think that only his team where doing it know nothing about the sport at the time.. Drugs where rife then.. Many riders where caught doing drugs and many who left his team continued doing drugs.. If they only did it because he made them how come they continued after they left the team?
    I don't like Lance Armstrong for what he did ... But he wasn't alone...
    Also Jose saying give tour to the rider who came second... Not possible he was doing drugs too.. Infact you would have to go to about tenth before you could get a drug free winner.
    Wow, just wow. Talk about not grasping...