Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John. wrote:
    Have a look at This Who's going to put the first bid on :D
    54 grand.... temping...
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    So as i've mentioned i have my gmail account, and nice it is too :p:p

Anyway, they appear to be handing out more invites than they ave been before as the day after i opened mine i got 3 invites.

I susect that they are going to role it out this way, rather than having a full public sign up, and crashing their shiney new servers.

Anyway, since i got mine from some guy i didn't know i gave one to pjb007, the rest went to people i know.

But the moral here is pjb007 may well have a couple.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone's got a spare, I wouldn't mind! :);)
    Forum Member
    hassel pjb007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well after playing with it for awhile, it's bloody great!
    Shed loads of javascript, but thankfully it all works with Firefox. It's really slick - all sorts of keboard shortcuts, and the threaded conversation feature is amazing!
    Although there were no adwords on the email coversation I just had with someone :confused: so maybe I talk too much shite for most advertisers? :D

Anyway, thanks for the invite Flagpole :)
    Forum Member
    Actually it's quite funny, i've started trying to second guess the smart ads now.

It is a bit creepy, but i don't mind. Forinstance yesterday a girl friend asked me to find a review od the canon ixus iis, & as if by magic there's a link to dpreview.com down the right hand side.

I've even tried having smutty conversations to see what'll happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This all sounds great! I can't wait to get hold of an account. Does anyone have any idea when the public launch will be?

Of course... if anyone has a spare invite they just fancy giving me I would be ever so grateful :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian_uk wrote:
    This all sounds great! I can't wait to get hold of an account. Does anyone have any idea when the public launch will be?

Of course... if anyone has a spare invite they just fancy giving me I would be ever so grateful :D

If you need an invite, send me a PM because I logged in this morning and had 5 new invites. :D I'd be happy to help you out if you still need one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love one! I've just PMed you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Invitation sent. Enjoy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    If anyone is feeling generous and willing to send me an invite that'll be great. I sharn't cry if people don't! :D

Drop me a PM if you are willing :D

Thanks in advance!
  • TFeOnlineTFeOnline Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd also ask if any Good Samaraitans are out there and they have any spare Gmail invites going to consider me too ;-)

I wont cry too much if you dont....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much Jonathan! I'm very impressed with Gmail; the only downside to it I can find is that you can't format text in the composed emails (though I expect HTML code would work). Other than that, it's very slick indeed! Loads of fancy JavaScript, and it works in all the browsers I've tried. If I get any invites I'll probably give them to someone on here and make someone's day hehe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently they're working on a plain HTML version without all the fancy bits. All they need then is a drafts folder and WAP access.
  • NickDay85NickDay85 Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonat please check your PM's i have a proposition for you :)

Thank you

-Nick
    Forum Member
    Speaking of GMail, has anyone actually pressed the 'Archive' button???

What does it do????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote:
    Speaking of GMail, has anyone actually pressed the 'Archive' button???

What does it do????

It takes the message from the Inbox and archives it. Archived messages can be retrieved either using the search facility or by going into the "All Mail" folder. I guess it's basically to help you keep your inbox clear.

You can't create new folders in GMail so that's why it's more important. Google don't think folders and sub-folders and sub-sub-folders are such a good idea. You can't create custom folders in GMail.

And Nick Day, check your PMs. I need your e-mail address.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonat8 wrote:
    It takes the message from the Inbox and archives it. Archived messages can be retrieved either using the search facility or by going into the "All Mail" folder. I guess it's basically to help you keep your inbox clear.

You can't create new folders in GMail so that's why it's more important. Google don't think folders and sub-folders and sub-sub-folders are such a good idea. You can't create custom folders in GMail.

And Nick Day, check your PMs. I need your e-mail address.

PM sent..

Cheers jonat

-Nick
    Forum Member
    I'd also ask if any Good Samaraitans are out there and they have any spare Gmail invites going to consider me too ;-)

PM me your name and e-mail address. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I've been a user of blogger for a while now (pre Gmail release) and have never had an invite from them :( ,

Though of course an invite from elsewhere wouldn't go a mis :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexj wrote:
    I've been a user of blogger for a while now (pre Gmail release) and have never had an invite from them :( ,

Though of course an invite from elsewhere wouldn't go a mis :)

When i get my invites (if i do) i will offer the remaining ones i have to this board like the main man jonat8 did...

Thank you very much mate

-Nick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    NickDay85 wrote:
    When i get my invites (if i do) i will offer the remaining ones i have to this board like the main man jonat8 did...

Thank you very much mate

-Nick
    Thats really generous

It is a very clever way of roling out Gmail though, (even if a little mean for some), but sooner or later there are going to be so many Gmail invites out there, they will have to release it publically. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question for all you who opened Gmail accounts from invites....

how many invites were you given to hand out initially ?????

-Nick
  • pjb007pjb007 Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote:
    I've even tried having smutty conversations to see what'll happen.

What do you mean conversations I assume you mean via email, as I can't find a chat/messenger function.
  • pjb007pjb007 Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NickDay85 wrote:
    Quick question for all you who opened Gmail accounts from invites....

how many invites were you given to hand out initially ?????

-Nick

I was sent an invite

At first I had 0 invites then 3 and I issued 1 then the total number of invites went upto 5 and issued another.