Best free and EASY software for making CDs?

As a throwback, I want to make some mix CDs, but dont have an installed CD maker (the one I do have just puts my selections in alphabetical order by song or artist, which doesn't work for me). I have a ton of songs on my ipod, but want to put some CDs together.

Is there an EASY free software program that anyone recommends?

Please help!

Also interested in a torrent to DVD converter, so that I can watch an episode of dexter season 6, but not on my computer?

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    windows media player can create music CD's very easily. Check youtube for a tutorial

Assuming your dexter file is in xvid format then freemake video converter can produce a DVD of it. However a lot of DVD players can play xvid files and thus you do not need to convert to DVD format, just burn the AVI file to DVD (again windows can do this without extra software)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    thanks, will try the media player!!!
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hammerwise wrote: »
    I have a ton of songs on my ipod, but want to put some CDs together.

iTunes can do it too. Just drag the tracks into a playlist in the order you want the CD & then right click the playlist title and select "Burn Playlist to Disc".

The advantage of using iTunes is that continuous gapless playback works automatically, if it's required.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    best free cd/dvd burner (also will make audio cd's from mp3s etc) is imgburn http://www.imgburn.com/
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look at
    http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Don't be fooled by the name CDBurnerXP it works on Vista/Windows 7 too
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    imgburn is kind of a pro tool. overkill for burning audio cds
    itunes is awful
    windows media player can do a decent job, but it's not my favourite
    cdburnerxp is fine

as for the torrent to dvd. if your player doesn't play xvid avi then dvdflick is a good program for making standalone compliant dvds.