Man United Supporters Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    3) Carrick 2) Rooney and 1) Evans

Valencia has missed to much football this year to be considered and if anyone has been as consistant as Evans then I've not seen it this year. Rooney may have played better, but not over the season and Carrick has come alive in the second half of the season as normal.

Welbeck would get the young player of the year award.

I agree with this order, as not only has Valencia missed too much football, he played a large part of the first half of the season, at right back, if I remember correctly, so he wasn't able to show his true self in that role/position.

How Parker gets ahead of Carrick in the England sqauds is just a mystery to me, it really is, but that works in our favour, as he gets a rest whilst others are away playing for their countries.

And Evans has just been outstanding this season, it really will be unfair to just drop him when Vidic comes back, as he has fully earnt his place in the starting 11.
    It certainly will be a very tough decision for Sir Fergie to decide what to do with him, when Vidic does eventually come back.

Danny has done very well, and has fully cememted himself as a first choice member now, and for that he certainly does deserve the Young Player (Jimmy Murphy) award.
    What about the award for most promosing up and coming player? I would go for, Larnel Cole, he has done wonderful for the reserves, and has come on leaps and bounds this season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Excuse me...... I was what about 12 when this game was played, you brat. Respect to your elders please...

Diego got no where near the goals that night, mind you for years and years I had McGrath playing that night. Looks like it wasn't Paul, but Remi instead. Bloody hell Hogg was in our team :eek: How did we keep a clean sheet.

Sorry, I meant gimp in the nicest possible terms, more of a sort, of lucky so and so type of compliment. :o:o

We certainly played out of our skins that night, and if I remember, were only stopped in that competetion by a superb Juve side (them again!).
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3) Rooney 2) Evans 1) Carrick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of awards, if Arsenal don't make the top 4, will that affect RVP's overall Player of the Year candidacy?
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I meant gimp in the nicest possible terms, more of a sort, of lucky so and so type of compliment. :o:o

We certainly played out of our skins that night, and if I remember, were only stopped in that competetion by a superb Juve side (them again!).

We were stopped by Juve, but it took a 89th minute winner over in Turin by Paulo Rossi to knock us out. We did ourselves justice over both games, though I recall thinking we needed to win the first leg at home to give us any chance. Platini, Rossi, Tardelli, Gentile and Boniek all started for Juve in those games. Not a bad group of players I'd say. Trapattoni was in charge as well, which did make them a bit more of a challenge to play against when we had Atkinson's tactical nous on our side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4MSjRudHdM

The second leg highlights
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of awards, if Arsenal don't make the top 4, will that affect RVP's overall Player of the Year candidacy?

Nope.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MusInce92 wrote: »
    So who would people vote for as our Player of the Season?

For me...3) Welbeck, 2) Rooney, 1) Valencia.

Honourable mention to Jonny Evans (never thought i'd be talking about him in regards to a Player of the Year!).

Scholes has done well, but in reality has played in too few games to be considered.

Young, Jones and de Gea good in spells, but hopefully more consistant next season.

Id vote like this

1) Valencia
    2) Evans
    3) Rooney

Never thought Id put Evans into the equation, but he has been immense - well done to the guy.

But for me presonally Antonio wins our Player of the Year. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big game tonight, trying not to get too involved though, we won't win it tonight, nor will city lose it.

Torres, over Drogba? :confused:
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't pretend I'm arse who our third best player of the season so far has been.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    Big game tonight, trying not to get too involved though, we won't win it tonight, nor will city lose it.

Torres, over Drogba? :confused:

Makes sense as he scored two at the weekend, confidence seems high, good decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect three points for City tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Makes sense as he scored two at the weekend, confidence seems high, good decision.

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect three points for City tonight.

I have that same gut feling as well.

Must get my Mystic Meg Ball out and have a look to see what will happen.

Come on Chelsea :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two blatant hand balls by Balotelli so far. Both given free kicks against but no more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the streams are shit. Probably because it's city vs chelsea.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea's team selection and performance so far shows that they aren't particularly arsed about this, yet city are clearly nervous. Could go either way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Chelsea's team selection and performance so far shows that they aren't particularly arsed about this, yet city are clearly nervous. Could go either way.

Chelsea could easily be winning this if they had better quality in the final 3rd. They have so much space down the right hand side, maybe because city know Bosingwa is about as dangerous as a 1 armed squirrel.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    gotta agree with jimmy here, A decent team would have been 2/3 up by now. Man City look scared but chelsea look nervous passing the half way line
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea don't really seem bothered going forward. A bit half-arsed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...well half arsed or not...they're in the lead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoo Whoo :):):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dramatic City crowd on it again. Looking as if they're 1-0 going into the final five minutes of the World Cup final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tevez set to come on. He'll love City until the end of May when it'll suddenly become a disgusting imposition for him to even be there for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    city fans cheering tevez. No more needs to be said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Berties cheearing Tevez - of course - how predictable :rolleyes: ;)
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Desperate times calls for desperate measures.......

Who has scored for the Mickey's?? Never heard of him...
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arse.
This discussion has been closed.