✭✭
    iiuc: next one will be ep3
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    iiuc: next one will be ep3

Nope next one is the 4th episode: Dirty Little Secrets.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ my bad. :(, looked at the wrong Radio Times. :doh:
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a catch-up showing of episodes 1 to 4 coming up on Saturday night.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the pilot and I can't agree with those who said it was pretty straight, this programme is pure fantasy just as much as any sci fi show. I really enjoyed the pilot probably because of that and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    this programme is pure fantasy just as much as any sci fi show

So you'd compare it to Farscape then ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less fantastic than Boston Legal, I'd say.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the pilot and I can't agree with those who said it was pretty straight, this programme is pure fantasy just as much as any sci fi show. I really enjoyed the pilot probably because of that and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.
    Well, yes - obviously. If it was "true" then every episode would show a bunch of lawyers sitting around shuffling papers, sitting around in meetings and sitting around in court.
    Everyone knows that nothing that happens in any legal show: cops, detectives, CSI, lawyers is anything like what happens in reality: NOTHING!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you'd compare it to Farscape then ?

It's as unreal, the characters are so exaggerated as to make them impossible in real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    Well, yes - obviously. If it was "true" then every episode would show a bunch of lawyers sitting around shuffling papers, sitting around in meetings and sitting around in court.
    Everyone knows that nothing that happens in any legal show: cops, detectives, CSI, lawyers is anything like what happens in reality: NOTHING!.

Yes but some shows are more real than others. I would compare this to Midsomer Murders; not in style but in relation to reality.

As I've said before I really liked the pilot and am looking forward to seeing the rest, if it was a "realistic gritty drama" I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much, the exaggerated and impossible characters were great fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not watch Suits when it first airs on a Tuesday Night.
    If you wait for the repeat on Wednesday night you won’t have to put up with the “UK Premiere “ text continually under the Dave logo.

Not only do UKTV think we are so stupid that we continually need to know what channel we are watching but we also have to be told that this is a UK Premiere.

I suppose they could have had “Brand New” as seen on some other channels patronising channels. Surely just “New” would be sufficient to inform viewers that this is a new episode.
    What exactly does the word “Brand” add?:mad:

I also do not want to see a continuous on screen banner on Dave’s other programmes that I am watching telling me when Suits is on...

We really should learn how to use the electronic programme guide and the programme information button on our TVs or digital boxes.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I don't really notice the Logo much, I think I noticed it for the first time on the last episode and that was only due to the shot. But normally I never notice, maybe I just don't get too heated up over things like this.
  • Options
    player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first few episodes as I enjoy legal drama's but there's not enough substance for a drama, not enough laughs for a comedy and no strong characters to hold the attention so I'm giving up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still loving it. Best thing on telly for me at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not watch Suits when it first airs on a Tuesday Night.
    If you wait for the repeat on Wednesday night you won’t have to put up with the “UK Premiere “ text continually under the Dave logo.

That's what I do. I wish this was on Sky so there was no logo at all.

If I liked this programme less I wouldn't bother with it because of the logo, I've not watched other programmes for that very reason. Do these companies realise they do lose viewers because of the logo?
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^at least it's not like Viva and their showing of Pretty Little Liars

Top left you've got VIVA
    then under is PRETTY LITTLE LIARS -> almost reaching middle of the screen - big load of WTF.

And if we can talk about station idents, then I can stand the (5) one, but love the 5* one. If only they would turn the (5) one into the 5* one without the * - as it is the 5 looks just wrong.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    F&B is more of a light hearted 'buddy' type show, with Suits more a 'straight' legal drama.

Both have good casts. Suits has Gina Torres :)

I would recomend both, if you like this type of show.

AKA Mrs Laurence Fishburne!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do these companies realise they do lose viewers because of the logo?

No, because i'd say the amount of viewers who don't watch a show because of the logo is far too small to even be of any concern.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still loving it. Best thing on telly for me at the moment.

I am really enjoying it. But for me my favorites are: The Closer, and Rizzoli and Isles oh and Blue Bloods, and Harrys Law.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the pilot episode and absolutely love it. I see we are up to Episode 5 this week, anywhere I can see Episodes 2, 3 and 4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could have watched them all on Saturday night on Dave but too late now
    :(

but if you're quick you can catch episode 4 on Dave's catch-up site (it says available till 10 pm this evening):
    http://uktv.co.uk/dave/homepage/sid/9078
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Just caught the pilot episode and absolutely love it. I see we are up to Episode 5 this week, anywhere I can see Episodes 2, 3 and 4?

If only you asked a couple of days ago, they repeat episodes 1 - 4 on Saturday.

Edit: Should have read the post after yours, oops sorry :o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    You could have watched them all on Saturday night on Dave but too late now
    :(

but if you're quick you can catch episode 4 on Dave's catch-up site (it says available till 10 pm this evening):
    http://uktv.co.uk/dave/homepage/sid/9078
    If only you asked a couple of days ago, they repeat episodes 1 - 4 on Saturday.

Edit: Should have read the post after yours, oops sorry :o:o

Oh flip!!! :(
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Oh flip!!! :(

I have messaged you on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭