Options

Haggling

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody had any good deals recently?

I'm currently paying roughly £103 a month not including the price increases which are due.

I have 50mb internet, 1 v+ box, 1 vHD box and Talk unlimited plus the added extras that you get on the VIP extra. Have all the sports channels, movie channels, HD channels etc. on both boxes.

Just bought a 50" TV and very disapointed by Virgins selection of 3D content and thinking of using this as a haggling stand point as theres no way Virgin can replace this 3d content that sky offer.

Have checked and i'd be a similar price just now with Sky and the 3d but with their unlimited broadband which they estimate i'll get about 10mb speed, which i'm not too fussed about, I do download maybe 1 or 2 tv episodes a week but doesn't matter to me if these take a lot longer to download to me.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This topic was a huge success then :)

Thought i'd share how i got on for anybody else interested,

Phoned virgin and disconnected they asked why i was leaving and got told they couldn't match sky 3d and never even offered me a better deal. 40.40 for 30mb broadband and talk unlimited turned it down and signed up for sky.

Since then they've phoned everyday eventually just spoke to somebody from virgin who offered me the 30mb broadband and talk unlimited for 35, and then 29.40 after a few hums and ahhs he then offered this free for 2 months so only really a 10 month contract.

Quite happy with that deal only a few pound more than i would be with sky and much better broadband.
  • Options
    Blood101Blood101 Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I rang them on 150 and selected option 5 "thinking of leaving" man answered , I told him I wasn't thinking of leaving but wanted my bill reduced, he went through everything I was paying and trimmed £12 a month off...honesty is the best policy I have found...good luck!

Stephen