Options

9200T to DVD. Whats your best method of getting stuff stored on a 9200T to a DVD?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
Forum Member
Being as I’m a bit new to copying the programs from my 9200 to my PC and then onto a DVD I thought I would start a thread just for this to see how other people are doing it.
It would also be interesting to see what is the best common way!

So...
What method do you use to get programs from your 9200T to a DVD?

* What USB cable do you use and how long is it? What sort of transfer times do you get? Do you get any errors?

* What application do you use to convert the file?

* What dvd authorizing tool do you use to create the dvd.

* How successful is the overall process? How long does it take?

Many thanks
ATB :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    I thought I would start a thread just for this to see how other people are doing it.
    Why? Was there something wrong with the thread on this subject that's already been running since last October?

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=293178

(I doubt you can find a question that isn't already answered in the 622 posts currently there)

Cliff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    CJL wrote:
    Why? Was there something wrong with the thread on this subject that's already been running since last October?

(I doubt you can find a question that isn't already answered in the 622 posts currently there)

Hi Cliff
    Many thanks for pointing that out. I have already read some of it, but a lot of it is irrelevant.
    Threads have a tendency to go off at a tangent!
    What I am trying to find out is how other people are transferring file to a DVD and what sort of success they are having!
    That’s all!
    Maybe this thread can be more concise?

• Options
    Forum Member
    OK, try a few of the other more recent threads all exploring the same thing which may have remained a bit more on-topic:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=330064
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=352017
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=353635
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=353938

(a search of "DVD" in this forum is quite illuminating!)

Cliff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Cliff
    Many thanks for pointing that out. I have already read some of it, but a lot of it is irrelevant.
    Threads have a tendency to go off at a tangent!
    What I am trying to find out is how other people are transferring file to a DVD and what sort of success they are having!
    That’s all!
    Maybe this thread can be more concise?

Martyn started a thread about using DVR-Studio Pro for this purpose. I have used the trial version and it i an absolute piece of cake. Recomend you find the thread and have a go with the trial version. I only had one cock up with it which was my fault when I made the disk burn with the wrong sound source (remember the audio button on the remote where it shows there are two audio streams). One of the two streams has the correct sound to go with the video and the other is either blank or has 'commentary' about whats going on in the programme. So its important to choose the right sound file (the large one).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A couple of DVD-Studio Pro threads in my list of links above in fact!

Cliff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJL wrote:
    A couple of DVD-Studio Pro threads in my list of links above in fact!

Cliff

Sorry cliff. The thread was at post #3 when I replied! Not doing well with trying to stop this thread developing are we?!
  • Options
    captainsossigecaptainsossige Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Sorry cliff. The thread was at post #3 when I replied! Not doing well with trying to stop this thread developing are we?!

No! I'm not helping the situation, either!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The FAQ's talk about a simple archiving of recordings by connecting the Humax scart to a DVD recorder scart. No worries about high performance scart leads, crummy hummy software, tedious slow usb download to the pc, no mega storage required on my pc, no file conversion, no tedious nero burning- just one cheapo scart lead and bingo - a new dvd copy of the programme. What am I missing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    windy1 wrote:
    The FAQ's talk about a simple archiving of recordings by connecting the Humax scart to a DVD recorder scart. No worries about high performance scart leads, crummy hummy software, tedious slow usb download to the pc, no mega storage required on my pc, no file conversion, no tedious nero burning- just one cheapo scart lead and bingo - a new dvd copy of the programme. What am I missing?

I use this method.
    Just a shame you can't set a playlist of several programs to play through at once. So when archiving a series you could leave it to to fill up a whole dvd instead of having to set each program to play one at a time.