Options

Wakeup then lockup in standby mode?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
Has anyone come across this?

Twice in the past week my Hummy has apparently locked up - even though I left it in standby mode hours earlier!

First, Sunday March 26th: Went to bed previous night, left Hummy on standby. Came down late after looong breakfast and watching MotoGP upstairs, so probably about 2.15, only to find that the Hummy was ON (!??!) but locked up - panel showing "BBC ONE 06.59". It had, of course, missed the scheduled MotoGP recording at 12.40.

Then, Tuesday March 28th: In morning, I shut Hummy down to standby and switched off TV. Came back after work (about 7pm) and the Hummy was ON again, locked up with a frozen picture, and reporting "BBC ONE 10:18" on the front panel.

I know about the dialogue between marcdavis, Humax and BBC, but what I don't understand is what's starting up the machine. I *know* I shut it down on both occasions.

Any thoughts? Cats on the remote? :confused:

Tim.

p.s. Transmitter is Winter Hill (in line of sight, about 3 miles away).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .............spooky :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what version are you on Tim and how long have you had your PVR?

Sounds like your PVR has got addicted to lockups and now it needs its daily fix
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Have you set it to automatically start up at a certain time (it's one of the menu options)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    what version are you on Tim and how long have you had your PVR?
    1.00.01. Had the box from mid November (about 13-14 weeks) and downloaded the update via USB+RS232 a week after it came out
    marcdavis wrote:
    Sounds like your PVR has got addicted to lockups and now it needs its daily fix
    LOL!

Looking forward to the next update, but not this weekend: motorbike jaunt takes priority :D

Tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you set it to automatically start up at a certain time (it's one of the menu options)?
    Definitely not. Had a look last night: startup/shutdown were both set to --|--

Nice try though :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    fudge1200 wrote:
    Definitely not. Had a look last night: startup/shutdown were both set to --|--

Nice try though :)

Could it be that one of your other remotes or some other IR source is being picked up by the box?

There have been reports in the past of remote conflicts with Humax equipment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A possibility, but unless the cats are getting *very* clever, there's no-one operating the remotes when we're out or asleep ;)

Will treat them as oddities and see what the updates bring.

Tim.
  • Options
    PadrePadre Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore me read the post wrong :cry: