The Last of Us - Brand new PS3 Exclusive

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Well I just explained why I think they might be, but I can only speak for myself.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The violence here seemed more realistic somehow - the way the characters struggled and connected etc. That will make it have more of an impact (!) on the player than Kartos riping apart some harpies etc. It will be interesting to see if this approach is carried throughout the game design as a whole (ie - will it be largely based on exploration and the threat of violence, with a few episodes where you actually fight etc.)
    Very intrested in the game though - if it is done right it could be a real change of pace from the norm.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    Not sure why people are hung up on the level of violence in this game, especially in a generation filled with games containing far more graphic scenes of violence such as Dead Space, God Of War, Gears Of War, Ninja Gaiden etc.

The violence in those games is mostly silly though. Kratos ripping off Helios head is bloody and horrific, but its also ridiculous and not meant to be a realistic depiction of a decapitation.

For example, I'd rank GTA IV as a more violent game than any of those, because of the realism involved. I remember being shocked the first time I played GTA IV at how if you shot a pedestrian in the knee, they would disturbingly stumble along, and if you ran into them, they'd sort of crumple to the floor. That's the sort of approach The Last Of Us is going for, definitely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Internet chatter suggests that release date indicates a November birth for the PS4 as Sony aren't planning any significant games for that quarter of 2013.

Not long now boys and girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    Internet chatter suggests that release date indicates a November birth for the PS4 as Sony aren't planning any significant games for that quarter of 2013.

Not long now boys and girls.

I seriously hope this chatter is wrong, if last of us is anything to go by we do not need a next generation for another few years

and from i personal stand point i don't want a next generation for a few years it just isn't needed right now, After spending £400+ on a Vita and 300+ on a WiiU another new console would be overkill

i could be wrong though it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I seriously hope this chatter is wrong, if last of us is anything to go by we do not need a next generation for another few years

and from i personal stand point i don't want a next generation for a few years it just isn't needed right now, After spending £400+ on a Vita and 300+ on a WiiU another new console would be overkill

i could be wrong though it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread

That's your own fault for buying a WiiU.

I SERIOUSLY don't get the point of that console.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's your own fault for buying a WiiU.

I SERIOUSLY don't get the point of that console.

I feel a bit like that about the Vita.

There are so many possible new consoles launching possibly at the end of next year, PS, Xbox, Steam, I'm seriously gonna be holding on to my bucks, to get an idea of who's buying what and early signs of a market leader.

Not looking forward to it actually, might just hibinate for 6 month!
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are so many possible new consoles launching possibly at the end of next year, PS, Xbox, Steam, I'm seriously gonna be holding on to my bucks, to get an idea of who's buying what and early signs of a market leader.

The Vita is pretty clear in it's purpose though, it's a handheld device for console-quality gaming.

The WiiU for me is neither a handheld device nor a next-generation gaming machine, it seems to me like a console for people who like Mario games.

As for the proper Next Gen machines, I'll likely stick with PS as it's what I know, and I have no real desire to jump to another format, unless there's some never-seen before exclusive to come from the others.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know why I said that. :o
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry for bump of old thread but i am LOVING this game!

Playing remastered version on ps4 and i am up to hospital, i think i will complete it within a week, its just so good

storyline and cutscenes/voice acting ar ebest i have seen in game

and i love how it has that old school feel of making you keep redoing a level that you keep dying on, the checkpoints are well placed to stop you getting frustrated and instead keep you playing till you beat the bit you are stuck on

levels are so well designed too, pretty big but also keep you on right path too.

after this i move on to uncharted collection, are these games in same league as last of us?
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,677
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    after this i move on to uncharted collection, are these games in same league as last of us?

Original games didn't match up but the remakes really refined the combat and free running to perfection. Obviously they won't have anywhere near the same level of emotional resonance as TLOU but they're still very, very good games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah fair enough, from what i seen i expect it to be like indiana jones?

actually i have the left behind add on too, have you played that? do you think that will take long to complete? i wanna trad ein TLOU to get discount of uncharted so will need to do left behind asap lol
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah fair enough, from what i seen i expect it to be like indiana jones?

actually i have the left behind add on too, have you played that? do you think that will take long to complete? i wanna trad ein TLOU to get discount of uncharted so will need to do left behind asap lol

You can fly through left behind in one sitting, or take a bit longer to soak up the atmosphere.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I started playing it for 30mins but made the exec decision. To finish twd s5 before playing any more as its quite similar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok completed this last night,so satisfying, that last level had me on edge of my seat. so many retries but so worth it

whata re peoples thoughts on ending?
    for me i loved it, i like that there was no save the day ending, joel found a new daughter and his love for ellie made him selfish and rather than possibly save the world he decided to keeper her alive. the ending was well directed too like a film, she knew he probably lying but content to live their new life with him,then BAM the credits roll

thinking back at the levels and great moments:
    ellie killing psycho canibal in restaurant
    taking out sniper in house
    sam and his bro commiting suicide
    boss battle with that big ogre who through sand bombed or whatever they were
    camping in a stock cupboard waiting for enemies to come to me in a library(thats a personal one lol)
    running for elevator in last level

so many more i forget, one of best games ever for me

rumours there mgiht be a TLOU 2. i would love that!
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Finished this last night, best game I've ever played.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah its brillaint isnt it? rumours a sequel may be on its way!

really liked controlling ellie in the burning restaurant and trying to sneak into snipers house with joel.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member

really liked controlling ellie in the burning restaurant and trying to sneak into snipers house with joel.

Downloaded and started Left Behind- also great but a bit harder!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i liked the new mechnaics in elft behind like ability to get enemeies to kill each other
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think this is the second most anticipated announcement for me. (Unchartered 4 was the first, but I keep waiting for TLOU sequel to be announced)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the second most anticipated announcement for me. (Unchartered 4 was the first, but I keep waiting for TLOU sequel to be announced)

its gotta be about joel and ellie though, dont think id want a brand new story
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I just bought a code to download this on my American PSN account for £9 off of eBay. Haven't played this since it first came out but loved it on PS3 & I'm looking for a good single player game to keep me going til I get Fallout at Christmas.

I never played the DLC on PS3. Can this be played at any time or is there a certain bit on the game anyone would recommend playing it if it fits in with the storyline?
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I just bought a code to download this on my American PSN account for £9 off of eBay. Haven't played this since it first came out but loved it on PS3 & I'm looking for a good single player game to keep me going til I get Fallout at Christmas.

I never played the DLC on PS3. Can this be played at any time or is there a certain bit on the game anyone would recommend playing it if it fits in with the storyline?

I would play the main game, then play the DLC 'Left Behind' afterwards.

I don't suppose it matters which way but I'm glad I played it this way.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »

Chronologically, the DLC takes place before Winter, where Joel is injured and Ellie is out looking for supplies.

Although of course, the game doesn't force you to play it at this point. You can just select it from the main menu once you've purchased it. It's well worth it too. Quite short, but full of the same quality that made the main game so good. :)

I really hope The Last of Us 2 is a thing. I desperately crave another experience like this, and I feel like Naughty Dog is the only team that can give it to me.