James Arther the most unlikable contestant of all time

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    I think the hate comes from the judges reactions to him, yeah he is OKish, bit over the top and looks very uncomfortable on stage, but the judges never mention it and make out his is the Jesus of singing. I think people watch at home and think were is all this coming from, he is slightly above average at best and has a long way to go to be a superstar like they are making out.

I think that is a good point, I don't think the audience ever responds well to someone that is pretty good being praised as if they are the best artist in the world. It feels insincere and patronising and certainly wouldn't encourage me to vote, quite the opposite.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually like James he's one of my favourites his voice is unreal.
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as bad as Cher, frankie or Kitty Brucknell but he's up there
    I don't know if he's trying to come across as well 'ard and intense but he's acting like a right miserable bar steward. I really hope there is a disco classics week
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get anything about James.

I don't like his voice, I don't like his performing style and I don't like what I've seen of his personality. He's just someone whose popularity completely passes me by
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like his voice I think he is very talented but I cannot warm to his personality. The "im an ugly bloke didn't think anyone would like me" act is as fake as Chris and his "nerves". He can't feel he is that ugly as he had a stunning dancer girlfriend he dumped when he got through to the live shows and has seen been chatting up and kissing one of the Take Me Out girls and Jodie Marsh and he have been flirting on Skype and Twitter.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Have to agree, and this is not hate! I simply find it hard to connect and like his music. And to be honest I don't think he truly wants to win anyway
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find him unlikeable at all. He seems like one of the nicest and most genuine contestants this series judging by his interviews. Just because he doesn't smile constantly during his time on stage doesn't mean he's miserable, arrogant or whatever other comments I've seen about him.

I agree. James is one of my favourites - I think he's a really talented performer and he comes across as a really genuine and down to earth guy. I really hope he does well in the competition and at least gets to the halfway point.
  • KizerKizer Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Christopher Maloney ughhhhhh
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree, and this is not hate! I simply find it hard to connect and like his music. And to be honest I don't think he truly wants to win anyway

He always seems like he doesn't want to be on the show.
  • RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all certainty, he is within that league and I really can't take to him all I'm afraid. Heniously overrated and not an adequate singer in my opinion either.

Most unlikeable

Cher Lloyd :mad: (beyond talentless and odious).
    Frankie Cocozza
    Steve Brookstein
    Daniel Evans
    Eoghan Quigg
    Katie Waissel
    Amelia Lily (reasonably talented and successful).
    Christopher Maloney
    Rylan Clark
    Kitty Brucknell
    Danyl Johnson (overrated, but I felt sorry for him).
    Rachel Hylton
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I love him, dont get who wouldnt!!
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I love him, dont get who wouldnt!!

I turn it off when he is on if I am honest .I find his movements really awkward to watch , the shirt clutching etc . I find his singing strained and hard to listen to and it depresses me .

I am sure he is a nice lad but I find his singing very very hard to connect to .
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is not likeable at all. Just stands there looking uncomfortable and shouts.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I love his performances including his voice. Maybe and obviously I suppose it's down to personal taste. I like angry difficult rock star types and I hate clean cut smiling white teeth Donny Osmond types. Somewhere on here I compared him to Ian Curtis and as I said then I feel it's sacrilege doing so but there is something of the Curtis about him.

He's my kind of artist and I love him being on the X Factor as it's about time.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    lucyloves wrote: »
    Well he is, can't remember another bloke who can sing, rap and play the guitar?

A Jack of all trades, master of none.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I just can't take to James. It's like he's lost in his own little world of misery and I find him uncomfortable to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more he pisses people off, the more i like him. Not since Aiden Grimshaw had to put up with being eliminated against and hurled at by The Weasel has a contestant look this murderous like James when talking to judges. His bitchface is a highlight. I love him already.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicotine wrote: »
    Loving james! Don't get all the hate! Understand if you don't like his singing style but what's so unlikable about his personality? He seems very down too earth to me a little reserved but genuine. He doesn't have s*** on grimshaw though :D

He dared to slag off DS :eek::eek:
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    He performs as though he's being attacked by a swarm of wasps. Very uncomfortable to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like James. After last nights performance he has become one of my favourites. He doesnt seem arrogant at all,just a genuine guy who only wants to sing.
    Hope he goes far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I love his performances including his voice. Maybe and obviously I suppose it's down to personal taste. I like angry difficult rock star types and I hate clean cut smiling white teeth Donny Osmond types. Somewhere on here I compared him to Ian Curtis and as I said then I feel it's sacrilege doing so but there is something of the Curtis about him.

He's my kind of artist and I love him being on the X Factor as it's about time.

What you said.
  • babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like him
  • Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 1 dislikeable contestant for me was the odious Kitty Brucknell followed by Katie Weasel & Cher Lloyd. Hated Danyl Johnson at first for being a cocky git sitting on the stage in his audition but he humbled up in the end. Didn't care much for that annoying jerk Cocozza either.

As for Mr Arthur - Juries out at the minute but he'll never be a favourite.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he ought to come with a warning for anyone with suicidal tendencies. :rolleyes:
    James if you are reading, can we just get over the bit about being consumed by tortured pain? Or are you planning on making a career out of it :confused:
    There are many of us who have gone through bad times. Perhaps even most of us - ie it doesn't make you special. Eventually we just have to get over it. ;)