Help please unable to access aol website and facebook

planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
Forum Member
This is so weird, i can access every other website i normally go to but for some reason every time i try access anything associated with aol (email, help even aol.com ) or facebook i get the "Ooops google chrome could not find xxx"

this happens on google chrome browser and also on IE

can anyone help ?

i've turned the laptop on and off and the router tried the LAN settings advice from chrome help page all to no avail...it was all working fine then started getting this message at about 630am.

Comments

• newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    Can't access AOL? Lucky you.

Seriously though, where in the country are you? Because it works fine for me here, but on the AOL help site this message is posted:
    Alert: Some users in the Northeast may be experiencing issues connecting using the AOL Desktop software. We apologize. We have our best people working hard to fix it as quickly as possible!
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    newda898 wrote: »
    Can't access AOL? Lucky you.

Seriously though, where in the country are you? Because it works fine for me here, but on the AOL help site this message is posted:
    [/B]

thank you SOOOOO much for finding that! i am in the northeast!!! did a big old malware scan and lots of other things so at least i cleared up my laptop!
    you've put my mind at rest thank you for taking the time to post that i really appreciate it!
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,464
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    thank you SOOOOO much for finding that! i am in the northeast!!! did a big old malware scan and lots of other things so at least i cleared up my laptop!
    you've put my mind at rest thank you for taking the time to post that i really appreciate it!

Well glad to be of assistance. (And double well done for also scanning for malware)