Options

A Couple of Questions Regarding the Fashion Industry

BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
Forum Member
I was checking out the Top 50 male models on Models.com and it got me thinking about something. Is it normal for a model to move up and down steeply from year to year? I only ask because there's a model who's moved from 33 to 9 to 26 and is now out of the top 50. Is this bad?

The other question I have is regarding how much a new male model would get paid for a string of high profile runway shows. Simone Nobili was discovered towards the end of 2010 while attending university in Milan, by the summer of 2011 he had walked in seven shows for Band of Outsiders (twice), Givenchy, Mugler, Dolce & Gabbana. D&G and Alexander McQueen. In 2012 he walked for 37 shows including Calvin Klein, Valentino, Ermenegildo Zegna, Frankie Morello, C'N'C Costume National, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Moschino and Mugler, Paul Smith and many more (he walked for some of these multiple times). I've read that a model can earn a six figure sum for walking in a string of back-to-back fashion shows in one season or whatever it's called, but is this figure only something a top level model can expect to earn, or would a new and flavour of the moment model like Simone Nobili end up getting paid that much for so many shows in one year? I've read that a lot of models pull in about $1,000 per show for big brands. Does this sound more accurate?

This isn't really important, it's just I've been reading up a little on the fashion industry and it got me wondering. Cheers for any help.