HTC One or LG G2?

barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need a new phone...

What's putting me off the HTC One is that it is kinda old now, and also I heard the battery life isn't great.

Comments

• barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm i think I will go directly to three....I don't trust buy mobiles.net

Also 16gb may be to small for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the next htc one coming out
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    The One Max has just been released.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From what I hear expect announcement late February early March and phone release date as late march early April.

Though honestly the current one is fine as hell I've just upgraded to Android 4.3 and it is still fluid as hell if not more fluid honestly. The chance of Kitkat slowing it down come late January is zero that is made to be less intensive and easier to run on lower spec devices.

Unless you desperately need LTE Cat 4 just get this years model. Can't see there being a massive difference next year as LTE Cat 6 is going be late next year if at all next year. Maybe you will get a 2K screen but that is a big maybe. They will probably also upgrade the camera a bit as well but it already is a brilliant camera.

But it up to you I just think it's a brilliant device that is going last people for quite a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    From what I hear expect announcement late February early March and phone release date as late march early April.

Though honestly the current one is fine as hell I've just upgraded to Android 4.3 and it is still fluid as hell if not more fluid honestly. The chance of Kitkat slowing it down come late January is zero that is made to be less intensive and easier to run on lower spec devices.

Unless you desperately need LTE Cat 4 just get this years model. Can't see there being a massive difference next year as LTE Cat 6 is going be late next year if at all next year. Maybe you will get a 2K screen but that is a big maybe. They will probably also upgrade the camera a bit as well but it already is a brilliant camera.

But it up to you I just think it's a brilliant device that is going last people for quite a while.

Hmmm do you recomemnd it over the LG G2?
    What's putting me off the HTC One is that its kinda old now
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes newer handsets have been released since the One has been out but honestly speaking the One is no slouch. Far from it. Just updated to 4.3 as well and it's smooth as butter more so than before was already slick but this latest update has really impressed me. And I would say the user interface on top of Android is great. Again improved from the previous software.

Yet to see what battery life is like with new update but so far so good. It's pretty decent anyways and usually gets me through a day with juice to spare. The you got great stereo sound from the speakers and recording Mic is very good too. Great screen, nice colours and sharp.

Highly recommend it.

This phone will do a couple years easy and it's getting Android 4.4 in January!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    Well yes newer handsets have been released since the One has been out but honestly speaking the One is no slouch. Far from it. Just updated to 4.3 as well and it's smooth as butter more so than before was already slick but this latest update has really impressed me. And I would say the user interface on top of Android is great. Again improved from the previous software.

Yet to see what battery life is like with new update but so far so good. It's pretty decent anyways and usually gets me through a day with juice to spare. The you got great stereo sound from the speakers and recording Mic is very good too. Great screen, nice colours and sharp.

Highly recommend it.

This phone will do a couple years easy and it's getting Android 4.4 in January!

Completely agree with above comments honestly both devices have plus and negatives but if you after fluidity you not going find better than the One runs like a nexus device .

I will comments on battery life in a few days but currently looking good.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Completely agree with above comments honestly both devices have plus and negatives but if you after fluidity you not going find better than the One runs like a nexus device .

I will comments on battery life in a few days but currently looking good.

Oh did you just get the htc one?
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you constantly judge your upgrade choice on something being older, you're always going to be unhappy.

Go to a phone store, make them let you try out the devices and decide which UI you like best - no-one else can decide this for you!

The G2 is made by LG so has LG's enhancements. The HTC has HTC's UI additions etc.

The G2 is essentially the same as a Nexus 5, with a couple of changes, so I'm not really sure why you'd consider that but not a Nexus.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the battery life like on the htc one?
    What's pushing me to the LG G2 is the suppose great battery
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got a G2 2 days ago on EE 4g ( previous phone was a Nexus 4 )

Best screen ever , it makes the samsung s4 look so washed out . Its pin sharp with solid blacks even in sunlight . Sound is good as well . I have not been in a 3G area yet but on 4G its just so fast to draw web pages and download aps . I thought the Nexus was good but this has got to be the ultimate .

The only slight disappointment is the wireless charging is not fitted to Euro models .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjake wrote: »
    Oh did you just get the htc one?

I meant after I updated to Android 4.3 to see if it is done well and if increased battery life or decreased it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which phone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iangrad wrote: »
    Just got a G2 2 days ago on EE 4g ( previous phone was a Nexus 4 )

Best screen ever , it makes the samsung s4 look so washed out . Its pin sharp with solid blacks even in sunlight . Sound is good as well . I have not been in a 3G area yet but on 4G its just so fast to draw web pages and download aps . I thought the Nexus was good but this has got to be the ultimate .

The only slight disappointment is the wireless charging is not fitted to Euro models .

is it better than the htc one