£189.99 from Heathrow Systems / £193 from Martin Dawes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You can buy from store or online at both shops. Martin Dawes charges shipping by the looks of things but Heathrow System has free shipping asfar as I can tell from its web site.

This and the following willbe of interest for those about to make a purchase hope this is useful.

Also, I had a look around and Hughes Direct have this for £199 but average shipping costs are £6. They have a good returns policy which states if there is fault is within 28 days of purchase they will either arrange to collect the goods and exchange them, or if you would prefer issue you with a full refund.

Comet are charging £215 online, as do Dixons and Currys, and if you decide after using the product you dont wish to keep it within 7 days you can return it to a comet store for a full refund or phone Comet who will arange for it to be collected. Note distance selling law applies to all online purchases but some online stores try to charge you restocking fees or ask you to arrange return delivery yourself at your own cost. check the small print or email them in advance to clarify.

I see Tribal are seeling the Humax for £201.98 inc delivery also as well as 247electrical for a pound more and £204 delivered through homecinematv.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    nice find :)
    Here's the direct link if anyone needs it - http://www.heathrowsystems.net/acatalog/Terrestrial_Receivers.html#a96
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THats a good prie at £189.99 INC P & p
  • davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    What do you think my chances are of John Lewis price-matching this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I don't know about John Lewis but I went into Martin Dawes Manchester Fort branch last week where they were selling the 9200T for £219. I asked if they would match their web site price of £194 and after checking with the manager the answer was yes. So I bought one.
    Forum Member
    Registered my Price Match with John Lewis - they just need a few more details from my receipt first, but then they'll investigate.

They have a list of shops they compare against, and although they haven't confirmed Heathrow Systems is on it, they haven't said its not either. At least they've not said "on yer bike son"

Probably have a response on Friday when I'm back in Bristol.

I'll keep you posted.

Any (sensible) suggestions for what to do with £40 if I do get it back?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davefevs wrote:
    Registered my Price Match with John Lewis - they just need a few more details from my receipt first, but then they'll investigate.

They have a list of shops they compare against, and although they haven't confirmed Heathrow Systems is on it, they haven't said its not either. At least they've not said "on yer bike son"

Probably have a response on Friday when I'm back in Bristol.

I'll keep you posted.

Pub? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    davefevs wrote:
    If you can scrape together another tenner you might find a supermarket doing a DVD recorder for the fifty quid.
    Forum Member
    CJL wrote:
    If you can scrape together another tenner you might find a supermarket doing a DVD recorder for the fifty quid.

I've got two hopes of purchasing 2 gadgets in the same calendar month - Bob and No Hope!!

Although the wife has been selling the delights of the Hummy to my cousin's wife - she' just made him give up Sky (with Sports). He thought Freesat gave him Sky Sports news, but it doesn't. So I reckon he'll be getting a freeview box in some shape or form - I'll try to convince him of the merits of the hummy....................and nab his panny dvdr, cause he won't be able to fit both under the telly. £40 seems fair.

Marc - pub? These days £40 could get me pi$$ed several times over!!
    Forum Member
    Update - John Lewis now have all the details, and will come back to me in 48hours.
    Forum Member
    To continue my praise of John Lewis, I've just had a call back and will be getting £39.01 back as they've agreed to my Price Match with Heathrow Systems. :cool:

They were really helpful and gave me an answer within 6 hours.

Wonder whether they'll reduce the price in store now.

Back to the question - what will I do with £40? Answers on a postcard to..... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Has anyone used Heathrow Systems? Are they reliable?
    Forum Member
    njhpuk wrote:

No need, just get a Hummy from John Lewis.

As for Heathrow - they sponsor www.hummy.org.uk - so you'd expect them to be decent!! The only reason I didn't buy through them was a restocking fee if I had to send it back cause of poor recption..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davefevs wrote:
    To continue my praise of John Lewis, I've just had a call back and will be getting £39.01 back as they've agreed to my Price Match with Heathrow Systems. :cool:

Back to the question - what will I do with £40? Answers on a postcard to..... :)

They should do but it will depend on a few things and how many they are selling at that price as well I guess. The Humax was the best selling home electronics product over £200 ever at Comet, plus 35k units were sold accorss the board in the first 3 or 4 months, so once sales tail off a bit there should be price reductions sooner or later.
    Forum Member
    That's a lot of sells for a naff PVR :D
    Forum Member
    davefevs wrote:

John Lewis in Cheadle have reduced the price to £219.
    Forum Member
    njhpuk wrote:

Someone here has
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=356478
  • StuBStuB Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    njhpuk wrote:

I bought a Toppy from Heathrow Systems. Phoned the order in Monday after lunch, delivery was attempted Tues before lunch.

No complaints at all!

Cheers
    Stu.
  • Barry.WilliamsBarry.Williams Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davefevs wrote:
    No need, just get a Hummy from John Lewis.

As for Heathrow - they sponsor www.hummy.org.uk - so you'd expect them to be decent!! The only reason I didn't buy through them was a restocking fee if I had to send it back cause of poor recption..

If you purchased other then personally from their Premises they cannot charge a Restocking fe as provided you return it within 7 days you are covered by the Distant Selling Directive under this directive charging you a restocking fee is illegal
    Forum Member
    davefevs wrote:

Does Heathrow Systems have a walk in store?
    The reason I ask is because I was told by my local JL store some time ago that they did not price match on-line prices.
    Where is your local store located?
  • StuBStuB Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jalba wrote:
    Does Heathrow Systems have a walk in store?
    The reason I ask is because I was told by my local JL store some time ago that they did not price match on-line prices.
    Where is your local store located?

Heathrow Systems is a shop based in West Drayton (West London).

My wife lived in that area for about 13 years, and it is an established shop that has been trading for a number of years.

It gives details of the store on their web site.

Cheers
    Stu.
    Forum Member
    StuB wrote:
    Heathrow Systems is a shop based in West Drayton (West London).

My wife lived in that area for about 13 years, and it is an established shop that has been trading for a number of years.

It gives details of the store on their web site.

Cheers
    Stu.

The fact that the JL I got it from is in Bristol and HS is in London made no difference at all.

Barry - the Distance Selling thing is confusing and didn't want to spend time arguing the toss if I had to return it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Had the PVR9200T for 2 days & (mostly) loving it! I also bought it from John Lewis - hadnt considered trying to price match on it but Im now following your example - called them about 11am and they said they would get back to me within 7 days. Have to remember to check with them if it affects returning it - in case update doesnt fix freezing.

Nick

P.S. Forums have been very useful! Thanks.
    Forum Member
    csudcy wrote:
    Hi,

Had the PVR9200T for 2 days & (mostly) loving it! I also bought it from John Lewis - hadnt considered trying to price match on it but Im now following your example - called them about 11am and they said they would get back to me within 7 days. Have to remember to check with them if it affects returning it - in case update doesnt fix freezing.

Nick

P.S. Forums have been very useful! Thanks.

Shouldn't do - you're covered by their 28 days returns policy.

According to Freeview, my post code doesn't pick up DTV, so I asked JL if they'd allow me to return it if it didn't work. They said no worries.

I'm quite surprised that they don't check the post code themselves, but I suppose they cover this in their T&Cs.

PS - £39.01 back on my credit card on 29th!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Msg from sponsor of www.hummy.org.uk (I have no links with them - just a member of both forums and satisfied PVR9200T owner)
    Firstly i have read on Digital Spy that people are cautious from buying from us stating that we charge a Re-stocking fee if you can't get any signal on the machine. This is incorrect and unfair so if anyone is a member on Digital Spy i would appericate it if this thread could be notified on there.

The current price is £189.99 with FREE DELIVERY. We also price match so please contact us.
    01895 443 558 - sales@heathrowsystems.net

www.heathrowsystems.com

Regards,

Michael
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    will this item record from external sources?