Options

HDR-FOX T2 retune message

2»

Comments

• Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    maldonian wrote: »
    You can try doing a Factory Reset if you haven't already, this won't wipe your recordings provided you don't select Format HDD.

You can copy programmes you don't want to lose to an external hard drive. It takes a while to copy them if you've got a lot you want to keep, but you can use the box while it's copying.

Yes as part of my manual retune I always start with factory default but without ticking the wipe all my programmes button. At this point the box restarts and after selecting language it starts an automatic search. I stop this before it finds any channels.

At this point is says no channels available and then I perform a manual tune and select the channels according to my area and save.

As soon as the box goes into standby later in the day this is when the message pops up.

My only other option is to stop the box going into standby so it stays awake at all times. I am not sure if this would work but a possible idea.

I retuned this morning as normal and the message has not appeared as the box has not gone into standby but later when I go to bed or if I go out the box will fall into standby and then when I press the start button and wake it up the message automatically appears.

I will keep in mind about saving programmes from the box to another medium and I may come back on this point but at the moment I am preoccupied with this other problem.

Thank you

Best

M
  • Options
    misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    maldonian wrote: »
    You can try doing a Factory Reset if you haven't already, this won't wipe your recordings provided you don't select Format HDD.

You can copy programmes you don't want to lose to an external hard drive. It takes a while to copy them if you've got a lot you want to keep, but you can use the box while it's copying.

Hello All

For anyone who has had a similar problem to the way already discussed. I just want to leave a final update. Just before Christmas I noticed that one day had passed and the message had not appeared and then another so with no prompting from me the box just seemed to sort itself out so I had not updated for a few weeks as I got used to being careful and the message just disappeared. Since this time the box has been very well behaved and now I get the news again that another OTA is about to happen.

Hopefully I will not be posting a similar story in the future.

Thank you for all your help in trying to resolve my query. Why it sorted itself out I have no idea but with no prompting from me it just did.

Best

M
  • Options
    shivering sandsshivering sands Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I can sympathise with everyone here as I'm having the exact same issues, and have been since Wednesday. I've had to retune and reinput programmes five times now. Now I notice there are more changes next Wednesday. I've had enough. Taking steps next week to install a satellite dish and a freesat box which, incidentally, will not be Humax.