Torchwood - Episode 3: 'Ghost Machine' (BBC3, 29th Oct 2006)

1789101113»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    Strange review from "The Herald" today:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/73434.shtml

Not sure if he liked it or not.

G

some of it did come across as a back handed compliment....when someone describes something as hokey i am not sure they meant it well.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote:
    He was meant to be bi-sexual.
    According to the Radio Times he was meant to be multi-sexual!

I think the writer of the article quite liked the programme but found the ending a bit much.

The gun practice scene was very nice - I think I might have another look at that! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    Strange review from "The Herald" today:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/features/73434.shtml

Not sure if he liked it or not.

G
    The impression that I get from that article is one of great fondness for the quirkiness of this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilberto wrote:
    The gun practice scene was very nice

I'm probably overthinking this, as it's not exactly a show to be "thought about" that hard, but I was rather uncomfortable with it, if only cos Gwen was (who had never even helf a gun before) was patently finding shooting guns "sexy" a couple of weeks after seeing a woman blow her brains out five feet from her . :(
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't the guns I was thinking about! :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilberto wrote:
    It wasn't the guns I was thinking about! :cool:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilberto wrote:
    According to the Radio Times he was meant to be multi-sexual!

I think the writer of the article quite liked the programme but found the ending a bit much.

The gun practice scene was very nice - I think I might have another look at that! :D

I can vaguely recall on one of the DWC shows RTD discussed this , I think it was something along the lines of CJ being from a time where there were so many aliens etc. that it wasn't just a choice between straight/gay/bi and CJ was the 'anything that moves' type - it does make me wonder though if there's a connection to the 'hand in the jar' , it does seem to be very important to him ;)
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    I can vaguely recall on one of the DWC shows RTD discussed this , I think it was something along the lines of CJ being from a time where there were so many aliens etc. that it wasn't just a choice between straight/gay/bi and CJ was the 'anything that moves' type - it does make me wonder though if there's a connection to the 'hand in the jar' , it does seem to be very important to him ;)
    It does seem to move, too! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it seems that 80% of people believe the show is good or better.
  • mulldoonmulldoon Posts: 4,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last weeks epioside was a vast improvement!!! :)
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me what the song playing in the background when Owen and Toshiko were in the bar is called?? Thanks! :)
  • ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    about a million times better than last week, but still spoiled by Cheezy Capt Jack at the end as the sun set over Cardiff (oh the romance!)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised that a policewoman had no idea of how to handle a gun.

Still loving it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,193
    Forum Member
    Edna wrote:
    I was surprised that a policewoman had no idea of how to handle a gun.
    Why? Most UK police officers don't have firearms training
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    " the 'hand in the jar' , it does seem to be very important to him ;)

isn't the hand in the jar…
    the doctor's hand from when it was cut off? he grew one back because he had just regenerated and so could grow one back… apparently…

that's what i heard anyway…
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've loved all the episodes so far and this is no exception. I never really watched Docter Who that much because it was always on at a bad time. I'm really getting into this though. :cool:
  • CloudaneCloudane Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after an uncertain and rather silly episode 2...

This one was brilliant :D And really really chilling, being able to see your own future. Brrr.
  • CloudaneCloudane Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    I think it's the 'human' thing. If you see a big red button (esp if it says DO NOT PRESS) you have an urge to do just that ...

G

Question is, what happens when a sign lights up saying "do not press this button again"?

{/adams}
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Is it me or is the guy who played Bernie the guy who shot the guy played by eastenders' honey's dad in the bill today. If that makes sense lol.