So, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    86 stars in and have completed the first 7 worlds... legendary is now open but now i gotta go back and do all the prankster comets!! Had my fisrt ever game over yesterday, 32 lives gone trying to beat the big dragon snake thing thats on fire! FRustrating much!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Theyre not all skating as you should find out once you find them.
    How do you skate backwards?

Use the Z trigger on the nunchuck. :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough the skating ones were ok I thought, but I really did hate the jumping coin challenges, where you had to get certain amount of points by jumping on goomba's in a strict time limit. I kept screwing that up and I'd get so angry lol. There was also another box smashing one which I hated, it gave you something like 10 seconds to clear the room, was tough.
    Forum Member
    I've just done the Prankster Comet on Flash Black Galaxy. Bouncing on the heads. Has to be done in like 90 seconds. That was a pain. Cost me 5 lives.

Did it though. :)
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm better at this game than I thought I'd be LOL. 40 stars in, World 5.
    I think I'll go back and play the original and see how I fare with these new skills. :)
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some wii games hold their price too well. Still hanging out on a dramatic price reduction for Galaxy 2 and the new super mario bros one. Im talking £20 or less though. :o
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Some wii games hold their price too well. Still hanging out on a dramatic price reduction for Galaxy 2 and the new super mario bros one. Im talking £20 or less though. :o

If and when you do get this, will you actually be allowed to play this one on your own?:D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Gonzo. Too right. No way would I start out letting "her" play
    Forum Member
    Ive rescued the 'Special One', unlocked Luigi full time play, now attempting to do those bloody Monkey challenges and Prankster Comets to get a few more stars to progress through the extra dimension.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    Loving the game, but have had to take a break before I throw the remote out the window.

Stone Cyclone Galaxy in World S is just ****ing frustrating.
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Joooe wrote: »
    Loving the game, but have had to take a break before I throw the remote out the window.

I couldnt agree more!! , trying to do it right now and its sooooooooo F***ING hard!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Joooe wrote: »

I feel your pain mate.... i lost 19 lives to that level last nite!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the stone galaxy the one where you have to progress the obstacle track with rock mario only?

I'm great at that one, didn't give me any trouble.
    Forum Member
    Is the stone galaxy the one where you have to progress the obstacle track with rock mario only?

I'm great at that one, didn't give me any trouble.

No its in the extra dimension you get when rescuing the Special One which is a galaxy from the 1st game, but just mega hard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMvIOxSNHU

Kal_El wrote: »
    Use the Z trigger on the nunchuck. :)

Thanks.
    I also found it much easier to use Luigi to complete this task.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I went back on it and finally completed the level late last night. :)

I tried it so many times, I ended up with 999 star bits.
  • boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 89 stars and cannot for the life of me find one more to progress any further.
    Forum Member
    boozer3 wrote: »
    I have 89 stars and cannot for the life of me find one more to progress any further.

Have you found the hidden one on Boo Moon Galaxy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you found the hidden one on Boo Moon Galaxy?

Yep. No question mark above any star on any level. All pranksters done. I am stumped.
    Forum Member
    boozer3 wrote: »
    Yep. No question mark above any star on any level. All pranksters done. I am stumped.

Have you done all the monkey challenges down the pipes?

Arrrrrgh im stuck on pocksey Beat Block Galaxy Prankster Comet.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you done all the monkey challenges down the pipes?

Arrrrrgh im stuck on pocksey Beat Block Galaxy Prankster Comet.:mad:

As far as I can tell. I'm gonna have to go right through it all again to see. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Ok, so ive got past my same old same old moment and am enjoying the game again.
    Ive been going back over the galaxy's to get the remaining comet medals I needed and im now on 97 stars.
    Stone Cyclone Galaxy is gonna take some time to work it out I thinks.
  • ElCepilloElCepillo Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. Can anything beat Galaxy? I hope so, because that would be amazing.

Super Mario Galaxy is fracking amazing. There is nothing I don't like about it.
    Forum Member
    Galaxy 2 really is an absolutely amazing achievement. I do think it's better than the first. My ten year old is now well into the green stars (about 140 something), while I lag behind shamefully around the 70 mark. It never ceases to amaze me how constantly fresh and inventive it is at every turn.
    Forum Member
    I thought id seen the last of those pesky purple coins from Mario Galaxy, but NO! theyre back and as annoying as ever.cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got all 242 stars, now i've started playing Super mario Sunshine, has such a better feel to it.