Options

What do stay at home mums do all day?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Firstly i want to say im not trying to be provocative but i really want to know.

I have a SIL who has 3 kids, 2 of which attend school during the day. She claims she is always too busy to visit her sick mother but when asked what she does with her day, it amount to nothing more than I do with my evening after work - ie housework, cooking etc

Im not having a pop at stay at home mums just her!!!

Comments

• Options
    BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    Have you got kids?
  • Options
    Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NIKKID wrote: »
    Firstly i want to say im not trying to be provocative but i really want to know.

I have a SIL who has 3 kids, 2 of which attend school during the day. She claims she is always too busy to visit her sick mother but when asked what she does with her day, it amount to nothing more than I do with my evening after work - ie housework, cooking etc

then make a proper title

What does my friend do all day?
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch jeremy kyle and onanise.

Not really, kids is a full time job, innit.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have some friends who are SAHMs and they seem to spend most of their time having coffee at each others houses.

I work 3 days and manage to get all the washing, cleaning and shopping done pretty easily in the other 4 days plus have plenty of time to spare
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    2 words...lesbain affairs....they're all at it.
  • Options
    varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps she then spends her evenings having a the same relaxing family time that her husband and kids do after work/school!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look after the kids between foruming, shopping, Loose Women and a bit of housework.

God I miss those days! :D

My daughter is poorly at the moment so I've had to call in sick for two days and I'm secretly loving every second of it! (Sshhhh:)) Life as a stay at home mum is so simple chilled out and easy compared to life as a working mum.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I finished work to look after my son I found that I got all the jobs done in the week & therefore we had time together as a family at weekends.
    It also enabled me to always be there for homework help, lifts etc.
    I was also available to look after my mum & grandad when they were very ill.
  • Options
    meechameecha Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you have any children to look after - if not, it makes a hugh difference!
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is

Eat breakfast
    School run
    watch jeremy kyle/trisha/jerry
    Get dressed
    Housework
    Visit town/friends (doesnt happen everday)
    Come home
    School run
    Cook dinner
    Homework/quality time
    Baths & bed
    Quality time with OH
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Look after the kids between foruming, shopping, Loose Women and a bit of housework.

God I miss those days! :D

My daughter is poorly at the moment so I've had to call in sick for two days and I'm secretly loving every second of it! (Sshhhh:)) Life as a stay at home mum is so simple chilled out and easy compared to life as a working mum.

I'm a stay at home mom, but I do have a crappy little part-time internet assessor job that I work from home just to help pay the bills. I love being home with my daughter, but just yesterday when we were walking home from the shops, I saw people who had just finished work getting off the bus to go home, and I felt a twinge of jealousy. I miss that feeling of satisfaction after a hard day's work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I finished work to look after my son I found that I got all the jobs done in the week & therefore we had time together as a family at weekends.It also enabled me to always be there for homework help, lifts etc.
    I was also available to look after my mum & grandad when they were very ill.

Thats what I miss now I'm working. I just seem to spend my weekends catching up on stuff I used to be able to do during the week. Weekends used to be fun! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why did entitle it 'stay at home mums' then, why not 'Join me in having a pop at my sister in law'
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know 2 stay at home mums. 1 lives with her parents and her kid, the other has 4 kids who live with their father and she is due to drop baby number 5.

Basically they don't do nothing. They don't work.

Most of the time they can be found on Facebook, harping on about what happened on Jeremy Kyle (seriously) and tales of the power naps they are taking and whether or not if they can be arsed to go out and go shopping.

I dunno whats more sad, them or me talking to them on Facebook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I'm a stay at home mom, but I do have a crappy little part-time internet assessor job that I work from home just to help pay the bills. I love being home with my daughter, but just yesterday when we were walking home from the shops, I saw people who had just finished work getting off the bus to go home, and I felt a twinge of jealousy. I miss that feeling feeling of satisfaction after a hard day's work.

I never really felt that tbh, but now I work I have to admit I do have a sense of pride in my self I never even knew I was lacking. It's a nice feeling but I'm glad I had that time at home with my kids, they were happy times. :)
  • Options
    shinytoyshinytoy Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They claim BENEFITS :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

I must make friends with some stay ay home Mums! :D
  • Options
    ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Thats what I miss now I'm working. I just seem to spend my weekends catching up on stuff I used to be able to do during the week. Weekends used to be fun! :(

Blame the feminists :D
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could do with money you think they'd pay for a young thing like me to do put a little spark in their day?

Apparantly I'm very good with my tongue....

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I work weekends, and my OH works throughout the weekday, so I look after our little boy then, but sometimes the days can be very long, especially if the weather isn't that good, but usually i'll take him to the park or the museum or to little playcentres, but other days, I can be tidying up, playing games with my little boy or just watching cartoons with him most of the day. :D
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps she then spends her evenings having a the same relaxing family time that her husband and kids do after work/school!

This. I do everything that needs doing during the day so I can spend the early evening helping kids with homework, playing with them, getting them bathed and to bed and the rest of the evening is spent with my OH.
  • Options
    jamesdeanukjamesdeanuk Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post on Digitalspy.
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skip_Tech wrote: »
    then make a proper title

It is a proper title, jeez!
    Why did entitle it 'stay at home mums' then, '

Probably because the OP wanted to know what other stay at home mums do, jeez!

Anyway the answer is stay at home mums/dads have a relatively easy life.
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I "stayed" at home before going back to work after having my baby. Couldnt wait in a sense to get back to work. It was hard work getting anything done and look after a baby so i wouldnt say its an easy life. Maybe when they are older and can entertain themselves maybe.
  • Options
    lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shinytoy wrote: »
    They claim BENEFITS :eek: :eek:

....and BUY TRAINERS :D