Options

Missing/Blank recordings.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just getting into a funny ep of Eureka when it was gatecrashed 10 minutes in by the spinner. grrrr :cry:

Me to :cry:
    However, i did foward wind a little and a caption appeared.
    Due to technical reasons we are unable to broadcast the current programme.
    No doubt this will be re-broadcast :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Have just sat down to watch West Wing ep 18 and its not the right one!!!! It was shown earlier!!!!

Also have previously tried to watch Starter Wife and they are all in wrong order!!! Same with the closer. I have got the season finale downloaded instead of ep9!! I did get the correct ones but havent watched the finale yet. My worry is that it will time out and I don't want to see the end before I've seen the rest, but may have to incase they don't re-send it!!!
    :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SMURFIT wrote: »
    Me to :cry:
    However, i did foward wind a little and a caption appeared.
    Due to technical reasons we are unable to broadcast the current programme.
    No doubt this will be re-broadcast :)

:cry:Unfortunately they haven't re-broadcast the bad ep! Lately TUTV aren't doing too well. The blips have reappeared. Clocking Off was rebroadcast this morning in the 5.01 deadzone!!! I thought they'd sorted this out??:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry:Unfortunately they haven't re-broadcast the bad ep! Lately TUTV aren't doing too well. The blips have reappeared. Clocking Off was rebroadcast this morning in the 5.01 deadzone!!! I thought they'd sorted this out??:mad:

Did you contact TUTV 'helpdesk' about the missed progs? I did about Eureka Ep6, but they do seem pretty uninterested. Presumably they are dug in dealing with all the Sky Sport subs requests :rolleyes:

The more people who complain directly to them, the more likely we will get these dud downloads rebroadcast. I did say that I was thinking of quitting Topup if this kept happening, though I doubt they care too much as they'll be raking it in with the sport subs now and probably won't need the Anytime service for much longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok, after ages of no missed recordings, it seems now that not a day goes by (since the new missed recording message) that I don't get at least 1 missed recording.

I'm not sure if its because the epg is useless, because I got a message telling me I did not get the download of Earth Investigated at 1200. But I actually recieved it at 9.01??? I went to check the programme guide on the TUTV site and its all gone. No programmes are listed at all!!!! Do they not want us to see what we are missing??? I find it all strange. Surely if the site had a problem thay would say wouldn't they???

Pixie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    2 episodes of Yes Minister & Frasier had message - removed after recording as file had become corrupt
  • Options
    slackereconomyslackereconomy Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    same here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and same here :(
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There appear to be technical changes going on on Mux A which may not be helping. For instance today at 1530 there was a loss of 3 of the 10 streams for a few minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    same here.

I'm glad its not just me , the recon box only arrived yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    jon_boy wrote: »
    2 episodes of Yes Minister & Frasier had message - removed after recording as file had become corrupt

same for me. I get loads of missed downloads/recordings each day at the moment
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone who is getting these missed/failed recordings needs to phone TUTV call centre and lodge a formal complaint. You are very likely to get at least a month's worth of subs refunded and it's the only way TU will get the idea that subscribers aren't happy.

No good just moaning on here, TU don't bother to read the forums ... pick up the phone and have a moan. I'm now keeping a log of the fails, and will ring them with a list each week ... perhaps I will get a whole year of free subs before they get their act together :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These are the ony recording problems I've had for a while - I did call TUTV last week when my box would not pick up the software update & they sent my another box within 24 hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My main losses seem to be happening in the mornings between 10am & 12 noon, which is around the same time approximately as the epg downloads. Don't know if this is just coincidence. Today the corrupt recording was Crimes That Shook Britain. Yesterday was both eps of Yes Minister, so its not just one particular channel.

What makes a recording corrupt?? Is it a problem with the box or their download??:confused:

I am glad it not just me, as they might take more notice if we all complain???? :rolleyes:

Pixie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if they don't show ep2 of lost tonight/tomorrow and we miss ep4 due to this 'problem' i think i'll call it a day :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My morning recordings have come through Ok today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they just keep coming for me...seconds from disaster (25th), house (26th), greys anatomy & megafactories (30th) :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they just keep coming for me...seconds from disaster (25th), house (26th), greys anatomy & megafactories (30th) :(

Yep same here, so looks like a play out issue rather than a box issue :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought I had all my programmes - until I tried to watch them. This weeks Eureka was ok till near the very end when it froze!!!! (Cliffhanger too) and SVU froze at the very beginning!!!! Really annoyed now and it seems Lost ep 2 will not be re-sent, or they would have done so by now. I've held off watching any of the episodes I've got in case they do!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and now lost episode 6 missing too. it's a joke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    and now lost episode 6 missing too. it's a joke.

I can confirmn that! 50 minutes long (apparently), but all we get is a blank screen, or a box freeze. :(
  • Options
    SobeitSobeit Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I have recently got one of the G2 500gb reconditioned boxes from TUTV. It misses some recordings, or records somethings for too long.

The problem seems to be that the rcorder clock seems to freeze.

For example tonight I had set it to record something at 7.30pm. When I got home at 9pm the box had frozen at about 6.20pm so it didn't record the programme. A quick off and on reset the clock to the correct time but of course the programme had finished.

Last night the clock froze while it was recording a programme so it kept recording a 30 minute programme for 4 hours 12 minutes until it somehow freed itself.

These problems are reasonably frequent.

It also has the habit of occasionally dropping planned recordings and series links which is annoying and may account for some of the missed recordings.

Does anyone have a box that has behaved in the same way and found the solution to the problems?
  • Options
    BainsyboyBainsyboy Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I he the 500gb box as well but dont trust enough to record anything other than tutv favorites even then I have missed all of last weeks 11am downloads, I get the yes guv and espn promos though. tutv if you do read these walls, do you know how amateur the sky sports with the on screen writing looks like....I could have knocked up the same I reckon on a sinclair spectrum.
    I spoke to cs's the other day and said that I wasnt happy with missing recordings, I have a reduced sub now for 3 months BUT if I miss anymore of sleeper cell (two episodes now missed) or any nurse jackie then Im off. Like I said to the tutv rep, its as if your showing me what im missing on sky etc and then you keep missing out epsiodes, so I may as well save my money and buy or rent the box sets, which is what I done for series two of the brotherhood.
    Must admit I have been very impressed by tutv cs's (I know a lot of others havent been) BUT within half an hour of my chat, a tech called me back, unfortunately I wasnt in but wife took the call abd tech said he would email me. He suggested changing the epg to 14 day as this should sort out the 11am missed recordings. What tutv did suggest after I mentioned a certain forum is that ppl should contact them as they have more ammo then to try and get the 11am downloads moved to another time.
    I did suggest that tutv try and get a reputable brand on board, like humax or topfield as I have no faith in thomsons boxes
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem occurs on my G1 when two recordings are being made simultaneously. Single recordings have generally worked. I would say that this looks like a memory problem. ie the lack of working memory after new software has been downloaded or memory in use being overwritten by another function. It obviously is not a specific box problem. Could have been easily spotted by the beta testers but obviously wasn't thoroughly tested before deployment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Britains Greatest Machines - ER No! Yes priminister totaly wrong program. This has happened in the past and then it was claimed to be a scheduling error?? I await TUTV latest excuse, no doubt it will be equally as irrational. Why can't they admit they screwed up and fire the person responsible for "mucking about"?!