Eggheads now CJ has left the show ...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a curse! whenever Jeremy says those words Dave loses:eek:

I've started really willing him to win his rounds; he seems a really sweet guy:o
    I'm sure with time and a bit of extra revision, he'll come good:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave is a sweet sweet guy. I was watching an episode last week where he won a round but took the time to congratulate the challenger.

Anyone noticed that Daphne and Judith seem to be getting along better since CJ left?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not getting the Daphne 'dislike'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Not getting the Daphne 'dislike'.

She is so smug. Nodding her head when someone gets a question right and shaking her head if they are wrong. In other words "I know everything".
    Then when she is in a head to head, pretending not to know and "Guess" right.
  • Mozza111Mozza111 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    They had a bad defeat last week when kevin wasn't around. pat, barry, daphne and one other got the first question wrong and only just managed to get the 2nd right. the challengers got 3/3 and won the money (barry thought they might of got 2 of them wrong). Barry was obviously having a bad show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised to see Daphne on a quiz from the 1980's today on Challenge. it was "Going for Gold" to win a trip to Korea for the 1988 Olympic games. I didn't recognise her until she spoke but she had that determination to win streak. She is through to the next round in a couple of days.

I'm so sad watching all the old quiz shows on Challenge but it keeps my brain active, I suppose.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    There's a repeat on tonight, CJ is on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    There's a repeat on tonight, CJ is on.

This wasn't billed as being a repeat and the amount of prize money (£5,000) was directly sequential in relation to the level on yesterday's show.

So I waited carefully for the end of the show and sure enough the date was clearly shown as being MMVII and not MMXII as yesterday's show (obviously recorded last year) was when re-running it on BBC IPlayer just now.

Was this just a screw up by the transmission department on BBC2 or did they have some other reason for wrongly giving us false hope that Politically Correct Dave had finally been fired and CJ brought back to replace him?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Capvermell wrote: »
    This wasn't billed as being a repeat and the amount of prize money (£5,000) was directly sequential in relation to the level on yesterday's show.

So I waited carefully for the end of the show and sure enough the date was clearly shown as being MMVII and not MMXII as yesterday's show (obviously recorded last year) was when re-running it on BBC IPlayer just now.

Was this just a screw up by the transmission department on BBC2 or did they have some other reason for wrongly giving us false hope that Politically Correct Dave had finally been fired and CJ brought back to replace him?

I remember reading a tweet from CJ some months ago (I'm not on Twitter, must've followed a link) he said he wouldn't be interested in going back to Eggheads and that he wants to concentrate on acting. He also made the comment that Eggheads have written him out of history as he's never mentioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I just called Capita (sometimes misleadingly also called BBC) Information in Belfast on 0370 010 0222 (included in call packages on landlines and mobiles) and they told me that yesterday's (March 14th's) program was Episode 140 in a 140 (28 week long) episode series and that the BBC has no new episodes of Eggheads scheduled to be shown for the time being and will now be showing Eggheads repeats in the 6pm slot on BBC Two for the foreseeable future.

I did try asking what was the point of this when we surely paid the BBC money for new programs and if we wanted to watch Eggheads repeats they were already available from Sky on Challenge Tv. Of course the Goon at Crapita Information had no answer to this.

The business about a 140 episode series also doesn't really make any sense given that they went off air for two weeks over xmas. The program shown tonight was Series 10 Episode 103 according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/?q=eggheads Why start reshowing an old series at Episode 103 in the series???!!!

Time for an email to the Producer of Eggheads I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading a tweet from CJ some months ago (I'm not on Twitter, must've followed a link) he said he wouldn't be interested in going back to Eggheads and that he wants to concentrate on acting. He also made the comment that Eggheads have written him out of history as he's never mentioned.

Why would he ever be mentioned? It's not a soap. The only time it would have been appropriate to mention him would have been Dave's first day.

I hope Eggheads continues but I do think after ten years the BBC might be thinking of promoting their other quiz shows into that slot before too long. If they do I hope they'll consider Nick Knowles' Perfection which I thought was excellent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    She is so smug. Nodding her head when someone gets a question right and shaking her head if they are wrong. In other words "I know everything".
    Then when she is in a head to head, pretending not to know and "Guess" right.

I think she is just an enthusiastic competitor. That's all. I like our Daphne. :)

By the way, just done a quick search and can confirm that they were still filming new episodes earlier this month (that will be shown at the end of the year).
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member

Billed as a repeat in my Daily Mirror TV mag.
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    If they do I hope they'll consider Nick Knowles' Perfection which I thought was excellent.

Oh please no. Both to Nick Knowles and Perfection. Dreadful presenter and dreadful program, no matter who presents it.
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    One thing I like about Perfection is the questions are asked at a fast pace. On the eggheads they make a ceremony out of each question asked ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    One thing I like about Perfection is the questions are asked at a fast pace. On the eggheads they make a ceremony out of each question asked ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Agreed! As much as Perfection isn't perfect - Eggheads just seems to make a song and dance of every question - even the first question of each set - which even a six month old Spaniel pup could answer.
  • Mozza111Mozza111 Posts: 284
    Forum Member

it was billed a repeat in my guide, i don't like repeats i want more new episodes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed! As much as Perfection isn't perfect - Eggheads just seems to make a song and dance of every question - even the first question of each set - which even a six month old Spaniel pup could answer.

There's a reason for that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Repeats. CJ therefore is back. Boo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New episodes from April 9th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    ok, I don't know if it's just me, but usually the first GK questions for each team are fairly easy (more often for the eggies), but sometimes the challengers get an absolute stinker of a first question.
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just called Capita (sometimes misleadingly also called BBC) .

Thats the money-making arm of the BBC,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 14 starts on Tuesday the 9th. New episodes! Woo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭