The Fear Of God, Corbyn has put into the Tories

The_AwakendThe_Awakend Posts: 773
Forum Member
✭✭
...is evident by the amount anti-Corbyn threads that keep popping up on here and the internet and media at large. Irrational, distorted, loaded and completely fictional lies that aim to discredit and paint a false picture to the picture at large.

The question is how can we as supporters repeal these myths and what we can do to convince our neighbours how truly beneficial he would be to the country against a back drop of highly organised Tory propaganda and lies saying otherwise.

I suggest a constructive and helpful debate here and will be blocking those here to distract and distort the point of this thread. I suggest others do the same.

Comments

• BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    ...is evident by the amount anti-Corbyn threads that keep popping up on here and the internet and media at large. Irrational, distorted, loaded and completely fictional lies that aim to discredit and paint a false picture to the picture at large.

The question is how can we as supporters repeal these myths and what we can do to convince our neighbours how truly beneficial he would be to the country against a back drop of highly organised Tory propaganda and lies saying otherwise.

I suggest a constructive and helpful debate here and will be blocking those here to distract and distort the point of this thread. I suggest others do the same.
    Stop buying "news"papers
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You accuse Tories of having the fear of God up them yet don't want to be disagreed with.........interesting form of democracy.

Crikey! That's me blocked!
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So basically, if anyone disagrees with you, they're blocked ? !
  • The_AwakendThe_Awakend Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're not discussing the credibility of Corbyn here, this is a thread for his supporters
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    We're not discussing the credibility of Corbyn here, this is a thread for his supporters

So it's simply a Big Brother style appreciation thread then? No criticism allowed? :D
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look - another 'scared' thread. :D:D
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would be a very short thread indeed.:)
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your thread is built on a lie / myth / whatever you want to call it. Tory supporters are not afraid. In any way.

Block me by all means but I'm being constructive here because the sooner you grasp this point, the sooner you'll be making progress.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, actually listening to his critics might be a start instead of blocking them and sticking your fingers in your ears. You can't win anyone over with that mindset.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lot more like taking the piss than anything else.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I suggest a constructive and helpful debate here and will be blocking those here to distract and distort the point of this thread. I suggest others do the same.[/QUOTE]

How very Corbynistic of you. Eventually you will be talking to a very small set of fervent acolytes. A route that's hardly going to get the 'country at large' (out there and DS) to hear your viewpoint.

Anyway, how to convince people of your arguments: stay calm and concentrate on the most insidious behaviour of the Tories. For instance, there are elements of the Trade Union bill going through parliament that are an absolute disgrace. Strands of it would be opposed by people who don't even belong to a union.

People know all that "threat to nation's security stuff" is tat, it's just the Tories getting smug and over-excited. But you look much more ridiculous when over-excited.
    Small and easy wins, that's the way not teenage huffs over the crap

You may know block me:cool:
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    Well, actually listening to his critics might be a start instead of blocking them and sticking your fingers in your ears. You can't win anyone over with that mindset.

Indeed.

I will judge him on performance and actuality of policy. He looked uncomfortable in the commons today and I felt Angela Eagle was weak opposing Savid Javid. But, clearly it could have been first day nerves.

We are at the point where the 2020 election winner will be decided on policy, conduct and dare I say it, presentation. May the best man win, but I hope, if it's Corbyn, he will be more diluted in his approach and less radical with his viewpoints.

After all, he has a country to consider, not a commune!
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose that also means that all the anti conservative threads started on here, anti Gove, anti Osborne, anti IDS anti Cameron et al, are proof that labour supporters are quakeing in their boots. Poor Jol must be a nervous wreak.
  • BillyJamesTBillyJamesT Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Join the party mate. Get your friends to join. Make alliances with others on the left. Talk about it everywhere you go, do your own research, do not trust the media. You'll need good bloggers and build up a grassroots movement. Connect with each other on social media, you'll gain a lot of confidence when you discover your not the only one that's fighting. Volunteer to leaflet canvas and man stalls when its required. Enjoy yourself its hard work, but its a real buzz.
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    I suppose that also means that all the anti conservative threads started on here, anti Gove, anti Osborne, anti IDS anti Cameron et al, are proof that labour supporters are quakeing in their boots. Poor Jol must be a nervous wreak.

?? why wouldn't they be? The Tories are in government.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    ?? why wouldn't they be? The Tories are in government.

Now it's all starting to make sense. Labour supporters are afraid. So they start a great many wildly over the top anti conservative threads. Then they judge others by thier own standards. They see a load or Corbyn threads and wrongly assume it's motivated by fear, as they would be in the same situation, as opposed to a genuine interest in the topic at hand.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's quite simple. If Corbyn and co have the answers bundle them into a manifesto ASA(humanly)P, do the costings, cross your T's, dot yer i's, buy a soapbox and sell, sell, sell.

Forget the tories and simply criticising everything they do...

Forget all the spin...

Set your own stall out and promote it.

Simples.
  • B-29B-29 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are funny.
  • The_AwakendThe_Awakend Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Join the party mate. Get your friends to join. Make alliances with others on the left. Talk about it everywhere you go, do your own research, do not trust the media. You'll need good bloggers and build up a grassroots movement. Connect with each other on social media, you'll gain a lot of confidence when you discover your not the only one that's fighting. Volunteer to leaflet canvas and man stalls when its required. Enjoy yourself its hard work, but its a real buzz.

Thanks for the feedback mate, this is exactly the type of stuff I want to achieve in this thread. I've been a member for years, but I didn't vote for Labour in GE2015, I really felt there wasn't much distinction between them and the Tory party, there was a general consensus and it wasn't challenged by either side. You're suppose to be ideological different but if you're fighting over a superficial centre-ground on a made of up scale, then there is an issue.

Obviously I've been taken by the true message behind what the Corbyn camp are promoting, I've seen what they represent completely and insidiously distorted, just to discredit them. This automatically sets off alarms bells because you think if he is truly unelectable then why are they feel the need to distort what he says just to make him appear more radical.

I've become quite politically active when I've read up and realised the extent to which I've been mislead by the media, convinced groups of friends and family to join the party as full members after the Leadership result and I can see other people doing the same hence the 25,000+ new full member sign up since Saturday afternoon. There is a thirst for a politics of hope and people are suddenly becoming interested in politics again and this is scaring the daylights out of the status quo. I'm definitely going to get people together locally and we're going to pick particular swing constituents to canvass on at the weekends.

What do you think are the best way to differentiate between Corbyn's politics and the general consensus and best examples to use to promote fundamental flaws in the current Tory government?
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well it wont be very long then.

Most of the stuff aimed his way is not out of fear, but out of mockery for a party that has descended to this level in such a short time.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ooohhh, in other words, a corbyn love in.

if it's a thread for only his supporters, i expect two or three main contributors and lots of tumbleweed.:D

however, to be serious for a moment, let's give corbyn a chance to show everyone just who he is, and what he believes in, after 32 years of anonymity.

i'd like to see how he performs at PMQs,;-).

i'd like to see how he performs in interviews when put under the spotlight, and he is scrutinised.

i'd like to hear him explain his polices and how they will be costed.

over to you corbyn.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Actually its thread on a public forum, whose rules are set by DS not you.

It civil liberties.
  • LieteLiete Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jeremy long time.

The sooner the media is banned from scrutinising him the better. We need to find a way to muzzle the press.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will leave you to carry on dreaming. I don't think Mr corbyn has created much trepidation.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooohhh, in other words, a corbyn love in.

if it's a thread for only his supporters, i expect two or three main contributors and lots of tumbleweed.:D

however, to be serious for a moment, let's give corbyn a chance to show everyone just who he is, and what he believes in, after 32 years of anonymity.

i'd like to see how he performs at PMQs,;-).

i'd like to see how he performs in interviews when put under the spotlight, and he is scrutinised.

i'd like to hear him explain his polices and how they will be costed.

over to you corbyn.

Nobody will be poor. If you go into a shop to buy groceries and somebody has more money than you, they have to pay for yours.

You are allowed booze, **** and top ups for your phone too.:D