Options

Should Minister For Transport Be Sacked.

Maybe Ga GAMaybe Ga GA Posts: 86
Forum Member
As the country grinds to a halt and and thousands stranded should the Minister for Transport be booted out as was the case in Scotland?

Comments

• Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he make it snow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What should the next minister for transport do if we do sack the current one?

Leave his heating on to turn the snow to rain?

:confused:
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the country grinds to a halt and and thousands stranded should the Minister for Transport be booted out as was the case in Scotland?

Why should he be sacked for an act of God?
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    south eastern stripped of their franchise!

transport minister sacked!

WHAT NEXT .... gatwick owners being sacked :rolleyes:

my god its a act of nature!!!! if you wanna blame someone blame NATURE!!!
  • Options
    555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should have arranged for all roads to be heated. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    south eastern stripped of their franchise!

transport minister sacked!

WHAT NEXT .... gatwick owners being sacked :rolleyes:

my god its a act of nature!!!! if you wanna blame someone blame NATURE!!!

Perhaps sacking the minister for education would be more fruitful considering the OP?

:D
  • Options
    The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    Maybe not sacked, but there are questions to be answered. Mainly why were the gritters not out in force....again! We had plenty of notice of this snow, and yet the roads are chaos again.
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    He should have arranged for all roads to be heated. :)

Yep, underroad heating is the only way to go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not sacked, but there are questions to be answered. Mainly why were the gritters not out in force....again! We had plenty of notice of this snow, and yet the roads are chaos again.

They are on major roads (for which he has responsibility for). Minor roads are the responsibility of the council.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we should sack all the drivers who have no real experience of driving in snow who go out and expect the roads to be grand despite 4-10 inches of snow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleet wrote: »

Are you willing to pay for them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, for all 250000 miles of road in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Are you willing to pay for them?

I was being sarcastic!! I find it hard to believe that now the government is being blamed for an act of nature!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was being sarcastic!! I find it hard to believe that now the government is being blamed for an act of nature!

Or indeed having the means to deal with it.

After saying that lessons had been learnt from the snowfall earlier this year.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the MSP was sacked so much as realised the newspapers had kicked up so much fuss it was frankly just easier to resign and not bother with the hassle.
  • Options
    Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's take away British airways license, and turf over the shoddy motorways.

No, really, let's do it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexsteve wrote: »
    Or indeed having the means to deal with it.

After saying that lessons had been learnt from the snowfall earlier this year.:rolleyes:

The roads are being gritted, some snow ploughs have been out. What more could anyone do with the amount of snow and temperatures that are being experienced? If there was a gritter on every corner, and councils workers scrapping pavements and snowploughs on every street, everyone would be up in arms at the cost of their council tax next year!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, because a) He can't control the weather, b) The outcome would have been exactly the same whoever the Minister of Transport had been. It wouldn't have made the slightest difference.
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member

Absolutely we are wasting hundreds of thousands on sick people, heart operations, educating youngsters it's outrageous.

Get the underroad heating in for the few weeks we may have of snow.

Sack him, orf with this head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a difficult situation. It would cost billions to actually PLAN for snow the same way cold countries do. We don't EXPECT it on a regular basis, which is why we grind to a halt.

It's no good saying how well Alaska or Norway do (for example) .. they expect it, it's a way of life. Their infrastructure is geared for it.
    If we spent billions on the "off chance" then there would be ructions about over spending on a mild winter.

We live in the middle ground. We are not geared for extremes and to be fair we rarely have them. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps they could mix plutonium into the tarmac mixture so that it gives off permanent radiation.

Far more sensible than this idea of under-road heating. How is that practical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    Did he make it snow?

no and neither didnt scottish one, but labour, the tories, liberals and the gutter press all ganged up to force him to resign. wonder what the latter three will call for now the south of england is in chaos?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The roads are being gritted, some snow ploughs have been out. What more could anyone do with the amount of snow and temperatures that are being experienced? If there was a gritter on every corner, and councils workers scrapping pavements and snowploughs on every street, everyone would be up in arms at the cost of their council tax next year!

Sorry where i live i know people that have been out and not a gritter in sght either before the deluge or since.

In my county i think they were caught out.

Still never mind "lessons are being learnt" as the government always says.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never thought I'd defend a Tory minister but here goes.

The UK having bad winters seems to becoming the norm. Before the winter of 2009 we'd had quite mild winters for over twenty years. When that happens you become accustomed to them and when we then get extreme weather like now have its a bolt out of the blue. Should this country invest in more snow ploughs etc, I don't know the answer as its quite possible our weather could revert back. I can't see how an a natural act can be blamed on one single person. I think we're coping very well with weather most of us aren't used to. The logistics of keeping this country moving must be an absolute nightmare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phasenine wrote: »
    It's a difficult situation. It would cost billions to actually PLAN for snow the same way cold countries do. We don't EXPECT it on a regular basis, which is why we grind to a halt.

It's no good saying how well Alaska or Norway do (for example) .. they expect it, it's a way of life. Their infrastructure is geared for it.
    If we spent billions on the "off chance" then there would be ructions about over spending on a mild winter.

We live in the middle ground. We are not geared for extremes and to be fair we rarely have them. :)

Exactly what I wanted to say, but you said it better!