Options

The Walking Dead S5

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Didn't fancy waiting for months if they decided to split the series in half again (did they?) so I waited until it was complete and have just watched it.

Bloody good wasn't it?! :D:o

There were, maybe, one or two episodes where I started to feel like the jeopardy was a bit contrived (something I've always found the show to be hugely guilty of in the past) but I'd say that a good 14 out of the 16 episodes were just flat-out terrific TV.

About the only bit of the entire series that I found to be especially cringe-worthy was where one of the characters came out with the profound observation that "we are the walking dead".
Gosh, yes. Thanks for hanging a lantern on that for us.

Superb series though. They really picked up the pace so we had several proper "events" all going on rather than the usual "divide everybody into groups and then devote an episode to each sub-group even if they're not doing much" format that has often led to me feeling like previous series' were plodding a bit.

Sorry I didn't put this in an existing TWD thread but if DS can't be arsed to fix the search function I can't be arsed to trawl back through pages of threads to find one.

Comments

• Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Sorry I didn't put this in an existing TWD thread but if DS can't be arsed to fix the search function I can't be arsed to trawl back through pages of threads to find one.

:D:D:D