Hollyoaks actresses contract extended (Great news for you Hollyoaks fans!!!)

Comments

• ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her it's just her dad Fraser they need to get rid of him sharpish. Glad Trevor appears to be staying around, I like him :D
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    My God! :o
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkwood is ruining Hollyoaks. He isn't listening to his viewers who resoundingly dislike Grace and Fraser. So now the viewers need to put up with more crappy Ganster stuff. Well done Kirkwood, you can now start watch viewers switch off in their droves.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    Kirkwood is ruining Hollyoaks. He isn't listening to his viewers who resoundingly dislike Grace and Fraser. So now the viewers need to put up with more crappy Ganster stuff. Well done Kirkwood, you can now start watch viewers switch off in their droves.

Kirkwood was doing a great job in my opinion but the last month or so has gone downhill, and Jim's death was a real shame too, so I hope they cut down on the gangster plots.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay a I like Grace people who are calling for her to be axed need to know they're only a few who want this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly mind Grace as a character it's the overload of her and Fraser that I find annoying. If they toned her down a bit, ie, only had her appearing every now and then I really don't think I would mind her and would probably look forward to seeing her on screen. I can definitely see why lots of people want rid though!
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Kirkwood's oversized ego coming out again - even if Grace was popular she isn't a sustainable character in any way shape or form.
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Kirkwood's oversized eho coming out again - even if Grace was popular she isn't a sustainable character in any way shape or form.

Completely agree. It really looks like Gemma Bissix resigned short notice so they brought in a quick replacement in the form of Grace. She has no connectivity to other characters, is deliberately unlikable and will have no plot future because of that. She's ridiculously stereotyped and is totally superfluous. If Fraser wants to get revenge for Claire's death he should have come in single handed and just done revenge by subtlety and stealth. He could worm his way into the Roscoe's and disarm people by appearing nice, all the while slowly chipping away at others with them being unaware. It's ridiculous.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    Well at least it's not Vincent.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like her. At first I was a bit miffed because her storylines are clearly what was planned for Clare and I felt Gemma Bissex was made a scapegoat for other issues within the show but Grace is played by a better actress so its worked.
  • SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    To be honest I prefer the gangster stuff to all this Freddie and Lindsey rubbish. Both pretty poor storylines though.

Can't wait for the real storylines to get back up and rubbing (rape storyline, Sienna storyline, Domestic abuse storyline).
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its Birkwood what do you expect!
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Grace really isn't that bad. She and Trevor away from Fraser would be nice to see.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, FFS!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's Fraser that gets killed soon, and if its grace it might make her a bit more likeable
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fraser needs to go asap.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and Trevor.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    its really unfair that the actress gets so much flack, shes just acting out the dirge that Kirkwood is dishing out on this once great soap :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    its really unfair that the actress gets so much flack, shes just acting out the dirge that Kirkwood is dishing out on this once great soap :(

Its about time he left too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its weird how Kirkwood didn't keep her at EE because must of thought highly of Tamara to then cast her in Hollyoaks.

Kirkwood's whole time at EE seems very strange when you look at some of his decisions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its weird how Kirkwood didn't keep her at EE because must of thought highly of Tamara to then cast her in Hollyoaks.

Kirkwood's whole time at EE seems very strange when you look at some of his decisions.

He didn't know what he was doing on EE, Its only now thier managing to save it,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    He didn't know what he was doing on EE, Its only now thier managing to save it,

I think he was completely out of his depth at EastEnders. I don't think he knew the shows history that well and I often felt he was trying to please a certain section of minority fans online rather than thinking about the EE audience as a whole.

I can remember an interview he gave, I think on here, during his Hollyoaks days where he said something about always being on DS to see audience feedback. Now no offense to people on here but this is the last place I would come to for opinions on what people like and dislike as time and time again this place is often shown to be out of sync with the wider public.

For that I'm convinced he only killed Pat off because people on here kept saying she needed to die for it to be realistic. Likewise with Heather. I'm sure he only axed her because she was hated on DS and I sadly think history repeated itself with poor Gemma Bissix being axed because of the appalling feedback her return got.

I could be wrong but that's how it all looks to me.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I think he was completely out of his depth at EastEnders. I don't think he knew the shows history that well and I often felt he was trying to please a certain section of minority fans online rather than thinking about the EE audience as a whole.

I can remember an interview he gave, I think on here, during his Hollyoaks days where he said something about always being on DS to see audience feedback. Now no offense to people on here but this is the last place I would come to for opinions on what people like and dislike as time and time again this place is often shown to be out of sync with the wider public.

For that I'm convinced he only killed Pat off because people on here kept saying she needed to die for it to be realistic. Likewise with Heather. I'm sure he only axed her because she was hated on DS and I sadly think history repeated itself with poor Gemma Bissix being axed because of the appalling feedback her return got.

I could be wrong but that's how it all looks to me.

If your theories correct then Vincent and Fraser will gone soon.

Emma Smithwick listened to the Twitter teenagers too much.