Steps on this morning

RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So embarrassing. Seriously cringey.

Doing choreographed dance moves that belong in the 90s and a song that obviously was meant for a High School Musical soundtrack. Most of them looked half arsed like they didn't want to be there. Awkward as

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,909
    Forum Member
    I know someone over the age of 25 who loves them.

I watched the reunion program on Sky purely for nostalgic reasons. They were naff in the 90s and are even more so now.

Take That have been the only successful comeback and unfortunately every group from the 90s have decided to give it a go. Leave the past in the past, I say.
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    youtube?
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Take That have been the only successful comeback and unfortunately every group from the 90s have decided to give it a go. Leave the past in the past, I say.
    Well Steps 2nd Greatest Hits "Ultimate Collection" got to number 1 and Take That's "Never Forget Ultimate Collection didn't
    However I am not keen on this christmas stuff from Steps!!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,909
    Forum Member
    Well Steps 2nd Greatest Hits "Ultimate Collection" got to number 1 and Take That's "Never Forget Ultimate Collection didn't

Yes but I'm talking in the long run.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I know someone over the age of 25 who loves them.

I watched the reunion program on Sky purely for nostalgic reasons. They were naff in the 90s and are even more so now.

Even as a kid I never liked them. I did like Say You'll Be Mine/Better The Devil You Know though :o Only halfway tolerable song of theirs. They belong in the 90s along with Tony Blair being in power, Windows 3.1/95/98 (anyone remember using those?), bad fashions, AOL, bondi blue iMacs, Furby and other 90s stuff :p
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really are awful and it makes you wonder who listened to them then and even more worryingly, now.
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even as a kid I never liked them. I did like Say You'll Be Mine/Better The Devil You Know though :o Only halfway tolerable song of theirs. They belong in the 90s along with Tony Blair being in power, Windows 3.1/95/98 (anyone remember using those?), bad fashions, AOL, bondi blue iMacs, Furby and other 90s stuff :p

Take me back to the 90s anyday!
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Take That sold around 2 million more copies of their album than Steps greatest hits. In the UK alone.
    Forum Member
    Benllech wrote: »
    Take me back to the 90s anyday!

Why? Did you prefer 90s technology/music to what we have now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them in the 90's :D i guess they must be pass their best now.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    One of the nightclubs that my friends and I often go to have a certain fondness for Steps. I know some places are big on cheesy music but it takes the mick. I remember as a kid I thought they were lame and I still think that now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I saw the performance and I actually thought it was ok.

Yeah the dance moves were slightly cheesy but that's what Steps are all about.

They were never taken seriously and they never will be - and they know that.

I personally thought that their vocals were pretty decent too. You can't knock them for singing live and having a go and they all did that. So hats off for that.

Song isn't great - but as I say they were ok! My opinion of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Steps were my favourite band as a child and were my first ever concert but I really wish they'd not come back. It's kind of ruined all my good memories of them. They just don't work in this day and age.

Plus I thought that they all came accross horribly in that documentary series they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Did you prefer 90s technology/music to what we have now?

Technology, maybe not, but music hell yeah.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree. I miss proper pop music
    Forum Member

I don't think I'd want to use Windows 3.1/95/98 and dial up again :p Wouldn't mind going back to the late 90s/early 00s though, when Apple was still a computer company rather than a company focusing on overpriced iToys. I loved those lampshade iMacs! There was some good music around in the 90s if you looked past the cheesy pop. I think the early 00s were better for pop music though.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebellion wrote: »
    youtube?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhQZsmgLbM
    Yes but I'm talking in the long run.
    well I hopeafter a xmas album they come out with something a bit better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'd want to use Windows 3.1/95/98 and dial up again :p Wouldn't mind going back to the late 90s/early 00s though, when Apple was still a computer company rather than a company focusing on overpriced iToys. I loved those lampshade iMacs! There was some good music around in the 90s if you looked past the cheesy pop. I think the early 00s were better for pop music though.

Early 00s music was just basically the same as the 90s which is not a bad thing, much better than a lot of the stuff out nowadays though!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire seems to be bigger than ever:(
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

And...? This is a thread about their performance, not their weight. We're not heat magazine ffs
  • DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

She looks like she is either preggers again or eaten too much toffee.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Claire has seriously blown-up again.

one of her legs is the width of Faye!

Song is diabolical. But the interview is cute, nostalgic. But with a big whiff of desperation.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    And...? This is a thread about their performance, not their weight. We're not heat magazine ffs

Well excuse me for being concerned:rolleyes:
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the song. It is meant to be a christmas song anyway.

I do love their trailer promoting the album! XD Is the trailer out on TV now? Or when the album comes out?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eM_bkIs2hw
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Spice Girls successfully came back, for as long as they wanted to.
    Take That could only dream of selling out the venues that The Spice Girls played on their 2007-8 reunion tour - Madison Square Gardens New York City, Staples Center in Los Angeles, Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, not even mentioning their UK leg which included 17 nights at the O2 sold out in 38 seconds.

However, unlike The Spice Girls, Take That need to be actively together to see success - they don't do well individually.

Why would these five fabulously wealthy women want to exhaust themselves touring the world when they could be raking in the same cash via a Musical (Viva Forever! which has already made almost $5,000,000 in advance ticket sales alone)