Options

Walking Dead season 2

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Great episode, but this is the first time I've been tempted to go back and change my choices...
    ...I shot Kenny and abandoned Jane when I found out about the manipulative, baby trick she pulled. So my ending was just Clementine and the baby in a field surrounded by Walkers...definitely the worst outcome of them all. Only just realised you could keep Kenny alive and stay with him too. If a Season 3 is being made, I definitely want Kenny by my side, even if it's only for a little bit.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were some brilliant one liners in this. Some of my favourites, they all made me laugh:

"I was just mentioning how cold it's gotten"
    "Well, it's a good thing you have that cool jacket" aha. I don't know why, but it cracked me up ^_^

"When was the last time anyone ever listened to anything you want? ..... I'm going to take a piss"

When removing Kenny's bandage: "I hope it don't scare this lil guy.. or you *horror face"

"let's play a little game, Clem. I Spy! I spy with my little eye... an arsehole! Your turn!"

and then the episode ending on "Cool hat" "thanks!".

I don't know. I didn't feel it. Thought it was pretty badly written, actually. BUT I'm so thankful Kenny is dead - I completely despise the character. I am gutted about Luke, though :(

Oh and I forgave Jane instantly. She's a hero in my eyes<3
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Facepalm wrote: »
    Great episode, but this is the first time I've been tempted to go back and change my choices...
    ...I shot Kenny and abandoned Jane when I found out about the manipulative, baby trick she pulled. So my ending was just Clementine and the baby in a field surrounded by Walkers...definitely the worst outcome of them all. Only just realised you could keep Kenny alive and stay with him too. If a Season 3 is being made, I definitely want Kenny by my side, even if it's only for a little bit.

Exactly what I did and the first time in the whole game I went back and replayed through. I'm much happier with my second ending, even if it's not based on my original choices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that's worrying is that S2 followed a pretty straight path up until this episode, but with so many different endings (5 in total), it worries me how TellTale are going to keep up. Especially since the episodes this series have been released pretty slowly.
    I forgave Jane and we went back to Carver's place and claimed it for ourselves. We were then joined by 3 new survivors, but you COULD turn them away. So I imagine they'll backstab us pretty soon or all die, as I can't imagine that they're going to develop 3 new characters for such a minority of the people playing..

edit: Unless of course they put us a few months/years into the future again and regardless of our ending we all start from the same position again, like this series.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    For season 3 I think they will stick with clem as the protagonist, just another year or so older. There will probably be slight difference in the introduction for whatever s2 ending you picked and then the stories will converge.

About the endings
    I initially chose to shoot Kenny and go with Jane and let in the family. But i think by far the best ending is where you go with Kenny and he walks off into the snow when you go into the camp. Its a very satisfying ending to Kenny's story arc which has really what this season has been all about.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Seems like my choices led to the most boring of the endings. I chose to
    Shoot Kenny and leave alone with AJ

This is probably my last time playing this game as I'm upgrading to PS4 in the New Year and I really don't wanna replay the whole thing again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    For season 3 I think they will stick with clem as the protagonist, just another year or so older. There will probably be slight difference in the introduction for whatever s2 ending you picked and then the stories will converge.

About the endings
    I initially chose to shoot Kenny and go with Jane and let in the family. But i think by far the best ending is where you go with Kenny and he walks off into the snow when you go into the camp. Its a very satisfying ending to Kenny's story arc which has really what this season has been all about.
    I've gone with the same choice. I wanted Clementine and AJ to be free of both Kenny and Jane, as I believe they are destructive in their own ways. Jane comes across as amoral, manipulative and untrustworthy at times. I feel like going with Jane will lead Clementine onto a dark path. On the other hand, Kenny (as much as I like him) is an unpredictable and sometimes dangerous wreck of an individual, and has deteriorated in every way possible. I think sticking with him purely out of loyalty is a bad idea. So Clem being on her own is probably the best way to go- a middle ground between two opposites.

I also wanted Kenny to have a bitter sweet, happy-ish ending. Essentially sacrificing himself knowing his new family will be in a safe, protected environment is a pretty decent way to go and as you said, it's a satisfying ending to his story arc. Also take into account that even if you leave with Kenny, he's destined to die early season 3 anyway- most probably in less happier circumstances. For this reason, I feel this is the best solution for both Clementine and Kenny...I hope.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Just finished it and WOW what an episode! I felt on borderline tears near the end there.

^^^Exactly what I thought!

My choices (I was in the minority so hard):
    Protected the Baby
    Helped Luke (I was heartbroken at his death :cry:)
    Asked to leave with Mike
    Shot Kenny
    Invited them in

(That Jane is right manipulative little bitch)

...you made the same choices as me apart from not leaving with Mike and
    shouting for Jane & Kenny to help!!

I would like to know how the episode would have played out if I
    had shot Jane
    instead - can someone clarify the different endings?

I have heard that there are 3 possible endings: one with Clem ending up
    without Jane or Kenny
    , one where
    Jane survives (shoot Kenny)
    and one where
    Kenny survives (shoot Jane)
    . How does Clem end up
    alone though
    ? Do they
    both get shot
    ???! :confused:

And also - how is Season 3 going to proceed? Will it continue on Xbox 360 or move over to the X1 (in which case, how will our save games transfer from the 360 to the X1?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it possible to save Luke is we choose to shoot the walkers instead of going to save him? Or does he die regardless?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Only thing that's worrying is that S2 followed a pretty straight path up until this episode, but with so many different endings (5 in total), it worries me how TellTale are going to keep up. Especially since the episodes this series have been released pretty slowly.
    I forgave Jane and we went back to Carver's place and claimed it for ourselves. We were then joined by 3 new survivors, but you COULD turn them away. So I imagine they'll backstab us pretty soon or all die, as I can't imagine that they're going to develop 3 new characters for such a minority of the people playing..

edit: Unless of course they put us a few months/years into the future again and regardless of our ending we all start from the same position again, like this series.
    is it possible to save Luke is we choose to shoot the walkers instead of going to save him? Or does he die regardless?

...I chose to
    save Luke - he and Clem both fall under the water but after a struggle, a walker grabs Luke and pulls him deeper and deeper so his death is inevitable.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone yet
    Killed Jane and left with Kenny you meet up with a survivor guarding a huge base it's by far the most emotional it's very sad.
  • Options
    deefrag2003deefrag2003 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Has anyone yet
    Killed Jane and left with Kenny you meet up with a survivor guarding a huge base it's by far the most emotional it's very sad.

Yes I...
    Left with kenny but I couldn't just leave him behind and go into the base, So we were given an extra bag of supplies and we all left together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there any way to replay the last few scenes without having to replay the whole episode right from the beginning (want to replay the last scene when it all kicks off to see the different endings)?!
  • Options
    TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is episode 5 out in the UK?

I tried downloading it on the Vita but it says that it's coming soon?
  • Options
    crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Is there any way to replay the last few scenes without having to replay the whole episode right from the beginning (want to replay the last scene when it all kicks off to see the different endings)?!

Once you have completed the episode go back to episode select and select the episode you want to replay. There should be a rewind option at the bottom of the episode card where you can select a chapter within that episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    crimez83 wrote: »
    Once you have completed the episode go back to episode select and select the episode you want to replay. There should be a rewind option at the bottom of the episode card where you can select a chapter within that episode.

...ok cheers for that!

I actually watched all the different endings on YouTube and personally, the ending where Clem
    ends up with Kenny and they finally find Wellington is probably the best (it branches further in that Kenny forces you to go inside Wellington alone or you can either opt to leave with Kenny and decline Wellington altogether).

Brilliant....!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...ok cheers for that!

I actually watched all the different endings on YouTube and personally, the ending where Clem
    ends up with Kenny and they finally find Wellington is probably the best (it branches further in that Kenny forces you to go inside Wellington alone or you can either opt to leave with Kenny and decline Wellington altogether).

Brilliant....!!!

The only issue is...
    That Kenny doesn't die! I've been gunning for him for 2 series now! Awful character. So chuffed he's dead :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only issue is...
    That Kenny doesn't die! I've been gunning for him for 2 series now! Awful character. So chuffed he's dead :D:D:D

...he does
    dies in the ending which I got because I opted to shoot Kenny when him and Jane were fighting! I also chose to forgive Jane because I knew that if I had chosen the option to say 'I am not going anywhere with you' after she revealed her reasons for antagonizing Kenny, Clem would have ended up alone
    and I didn't want that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...he does
    dies in the ending which I got because I opted to shoot Kenny when him and Jane were fighting! I also chose to forgive Jane because I knew that if I had chosen the option to say 'I am not going anywhere with you' after she revealed her reasons for antagonizing Kenny, Clem would have ended up alone
    and I didn't want that!

yes, I meant in the ending the other poster posted :) I did the same as you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that my achievements for this game, on the Xbox 360, have glitched somehow :confused:

If you look on this screen shot:

40 of 40 achievements unlocked, you will see that at the bottom, it clearly shows that I have unlocked '40 of 40 achievements,

however, on this screen shot (which is when you back out of the above menu on the Xbox 360):

39 of 40 achievements unlocked, you can clearly see that it shows only '39 of 40 achievements' unlocked...?!?!

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is episode 5 out in the UK?

I tried downloading it on the Vita but it says that it's coming soon?

Seems to be an issue with the Playstation Store on the PS3 in that it isn't showing up. You need to log in via your computer and add it to your basket that way.

Quite embarrassing really that these things keep happening.

Also did anyone else get the option...
    To shoot Mike after threatening him?

I read on the wiki page that this was supposed to be in the game but was taken out, yet this is what I did in my version!
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Kenny annoying in season one and two, so the first opportunity to get him killed I took it lol. But I made 2 or 3 decisions I didn't like, so I will probably go back and change, just in case it does carry over to season 3.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Went completely loopy in the final 2 Episodes, I was a real dick :D
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started this today. I'm 2 episodes in and am not quite feeling it as much as Season 1. I'm finding I have less trust in others compared to the first one, and I don't particularly like anyone. At one point I gave an answer saying I was going to leave tomorrow which the game interpreted as me wanting leaving with a group whereas I actually meant on my own. I'd rather go it alone. :p

I'm generally giving a mixture of confrontational answers, lies that I hope to be able to screw people over with, and flat out refusing to talk at times.

Will finish it off over the weekend.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was vastly inferior to Episode 1.