Tortoiseshell cat question

13»

Comments

• gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats a squirt???

when she is in a very happy mood, or lovey dovey as i call it, and you make the mistake of petting her near her tail end she squirtr this foul brown creamy stuff that stinks to high heaven. It can go 3 or 4 feet behind her. It smells like dead mice and fish. Its not common but i just wondered if other torties did it. Her last squirt was about 2 weeks ago and i had to disinfect my computer table and leather settee.
  • curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of that :eek:
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    when she is in a very happy mood, or lovey dovey as i call it, and you make the mistake of petting her near her tail end she squirtr this foul brown creamy stuff that stinks to high heaven. It can go 3 or 4 feet behind her. It smells like dead mice and fish. Its not common but i just wondered if other torties did it. Her last squirt was about 2 weeks ago and i had to disinfect my computer table and leather settee.

It's not a tortie thing - at least neither of mine have done that! Sounds vile!
    Is she neutered?
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Alfie" is a Calico though?? and yes Calico's are normally always female....

(My Amber was the only girl of a pure white litter and the only Calico)

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/catbreed1/f/FAQ_calicocats.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote: »
    It's not a tortie thing - at least neither of mine have done that! Sounds vile!
    Is she neutered?

yeah she.s neutered. She was done at 6 months and is now 4 and a half years old. The vet says there's nothing wrong with her and its just something she does lol. I wish she would do it somewhere else. Its always around me. I.ve had to change clothes and shower on many occasions lol. I have 6 cats now and have had 16 in my life and this is a first for me. Trust me lol.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope...my tortie has NEVER done that!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heres a photo of my little squirter Bella

ABCD0005-3.jpg