Ten and Eleven in costume together (PIC)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Two things

First, has there actually been any sighting, caught on camera or not of Billie Piper on set. I personally havent seen/heard of any sightings and I dont understand why shes not in any pictures.

Secondly, with the deleted scene, its explainable that it could be metacrisis doctor and Rose so I think its just as valid as any other theory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    andy741 wrote: »
    Two things

First, has there actually been any sighting, caught on camera or not of Billie Piper on set. I personally havent seen/heard of any sightings and I dont understand why shes not in any pictures.

Secondly, with the deleted scene, its explainable that it could be metacrisis doctor and Rose so I think its just as valid as any other theory.

Billie has been on holiday for the past two weeks apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    i couldn't be any more excited for this!!! Can't wait to see how 10's integrated into the story :D
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Billie has been on holiday for the past two weeks apparently.

*Hopes she's not playing a significant role then*
    Forum Member
    I liked Rose... But apparently Martha and Jack weren't even asked if they would like to return, i personally would have LOVED to see Captain Jack D:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I doubt it'll be Metacrisis Doctor 10, who'd want that and it would be an anticlimax for David as well.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I doubt it'll be Metacrisis Doctor 10, who'd want that and it would be an anticlimax for David as well.

At the moment i think that seems to be the only logical theory, although i agree it's a HUGE anti-climax and nobody wants that since for me he IS the doctor.

Moffat is an amazing writer though and i think we'll all be surprised
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I liked Rose... But apparently Martha and Jack weren't even asked if they would like to return, i personally would have LOVED to see Captain Jack D:

Hmm I saw a video of him talking about being in talks for the 50th then he said on twitter he wasn't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    At the moment i think that seems to be the only logical theory, although i agree it's a HUGE anti-climax and nobody wants that since for me he IS the doctor.

Moffat is an amazing writer though and i think we'll all be surprised

It's not meta-crisis Ten. It's the proper Tenth Doctor. He has his TARDIS. Also it is very telling that Piper has not been seen filming with Tennant either.

Secondly a lot of hints at the moment point to this being the Tenth Doctor from the Specials, just before End of Time.
    Forum Member
    Ariel23 wrote: »
    It's not meta-crisis Ten. It's the proper Tenth Doctor. He has his TARDIS. Also it is very telling that Piper has not been seen filming with Tennant either.

Piper's on holiday at the moment and also there's a deleted scene where 10.5 and rose were given something to grow their own TARDIS but RTD said it wasn't canon...
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno why, but I'd prefer it to be doc 10.5.

Don't get me wrong, I like that in Time Crash he actually used the fact that #10 would've eventually remembered meeting himself when he was #5 as an actual plot point, rather than do the *memory-wipe* easy-out that the old series always went with, so I know that if it ends up being 10 meeting 11, he can do it well.

However, I hope he doesn't do this with the 50th. I think David should come back as Doc 10.5, with his own (home grown!) Tardis. To me that's more interesting, and gives DT something different & fresh to do.
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Piper will have a bigger role than some on here are thinking, smaller than her fans would probably care for though. Clara is still the de facto companion, Moffat has made sure of that.

I wouldn't hold your breath for other companions appearing in anything other than a short cameo though, particularly people like Tate and Agyeman. Gillan and Darvill will not be returning though, both of them are in America at present. Gillan for the long haul, Darvill is just on holiday as far as I know. I think there is a strong possibility of seeing a classic companion returning for a hello too, just a matter of who and when they can shoot.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as it been reported how long the 50th ep will run for is it an hour?
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Intriguing costume! Perhaps he's Genghis Khan! :p
    Forum Member

Interesting choice of jacket ;):
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIFXOtoCEAAHP1d.jpg:large
    Forum Member

The jacket is likely to just be a nod to Nine like the scarf the UNIT lass is wearing is likely to be for Tom Baker.
    Forum Member
    The jacket is likely to just be a nod to Nine like the scarf the UNIT lass is wearing is likely to be for Tom Baker.
    The woman in the Tom Baker scarf doesn't apparently go unexplained, she's apparently UNIT's scientific adviser and a fan of The Doctor
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

Or his brother, Wrathof.

Unbelievably good to have John Hurt on the cast. Can't think of many other A list top actors I'd rather have (what with Shane Richie being tied up with EastEnders).
    Forum Member
    The woman in the Tom Baker scarf doesn't apparently go unexplained, she's apparently UNIT's scientific adviser and a fan of The Doctor

I was fully aware of that and the scarf if nothing but a nod to Baker. It's not going to have The Rani hidden in it's stitching sadly for some.

People are blowing Hurt's role way out of proportion too. Way out.
    Forum Member
    I was fully aware of that and the scarf if nothing but a nod to Baker. It's not going to have The Rani hidden in it's stitching sadly for some.

Just pointing out that that nod will be explained and have some relevance (in that case, to a character) in show, so who's to say this won't. I'm not suggesting he is playing you know who, just noting the similarities, even fruitless speculation is fun.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you know Hurt's role is blown out of proportion? Do you know something that we don't know? Your comments about Billie Piper and Hurt seems to suggest you know some facts about the 50th anniversary episode.
    Forum Member
    Just pointing out that that nod will be explained and have some relevance (in that case, to a character) in show, so who's to say this won't. I'm not suggesting he is playing you know who, just noting the similarities, even fruitless speculation is fun.

He's definitely not playing Voldemort no...

It wouldn't matter if it were explained or not though. Everyone knows who's scarf it was. Moffat has chosen to explain it but not every nod will get that privilege.
    bp2 wrote: »
    How do you know Hurt's role is blown out of proportion? Do you know something that we don't know? Your comments about Billie Piper and Hurt seems to suggest you know some facts about the 50th anniversary episode.

That would be telling. I'm not here to give away spoilers though. Just to rubbish what is known to be rather silly. I really can't say much for obvious reasons and I won't post what I do know to be spoilers because I'd rather not ruin the episodes enjoyment to the masses. The people working on it are working their bums off to provide what they hope to be the best piece of DW seen this century, possibly ever. I don't want to break their trust. I hope you understand. I do want to stop people from being misdirected though, I don't think that is fair either.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Well the fact that it looks like they're standing outside 10's TARDIS (rather than the way 11's looks) suggests that it is actually the 10th Doctor and not the metacrisis hybrid clone blowup doll for Rose.

I wish I had one of those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we think David is filming on his 42nd? Or is he taking a day off with the wife and kids?