Options

Sneaky change in Now TV sign up ?

BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was watching lots of videos about Now TV before signing up. I notice they have changed the marketing side of things. On the Youtube videos it shows a tick box beside marketing which you can opt out of. Yet I just went to sign up and see they have changed it, now it says "if you want to opt out please email us". So why change it ? The tick box before was perfect. Is it legal for them to ask people to email them to opt out ? I thought you had to offer tick boxes upon sign up ? Just like they had a month or so back.

Comments

• Options
    jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    Was watching lots of videos about Now TV before signing up. I notice they have changed the marketing side of things. On the Youtube videos it shows a tick box beside marketing which you can opt out of. Yet I just went to sign up and see they have changed it, now it says "if you want to opt out please email us". So why change it ? The tick box before was perfect. Is it legal for them to ask people to email them to opt out ? I thought you had to offer tick boxes upon sign up ? Just like they had a month or so back.

I would suggest it's because the tick functionality wasn't actually working in the back end of the website and they're playing it safe...
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    There may be an 'unsubscribe' link on the marketing emails they send. Might be easier opting out that way.