Options

PS4 USB charge kit..

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just discovered a standard USB dosent seem to work, (had a spare none with a camera) so where could I get a compatible lead as charging the PS4 pads are a real chore as they last about 10 minutes..

xb1 at least had a decent play and charge kit with a decent length wire I suppose

Comments

• Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just discovered a standard USB dosent seem to work, (had a spare none with a camera) so where could I get a compatible lead as charging the PS4 pads are a real chore as they last about 10 minutes..

xb1 at least had a decent play and charge kit with a decent length wire I suppose

Strange my pad lasts around 6 hours between charges, and ive had no problem finding a usb charge lead ascit was in the box with the ps4, I also have one that comes with all android phones.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Micro usb is the industry standard so all newish devices use it and common leads. That is all devices apart from Apple products.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Micro usb is the industry standard so all newish devices use it and common leads. That is all devices apart from Apple products.

Cheers gilly. So I need a USB-micro USB...

Thanks m8, the camera was a few years old
    :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    Strange my pad lasts around 6 hours between charges, and ive had no problem finding a usb charge lead ascit was in the box with the ps4, I also have one that comes with all android phones.

I didn't actually mean ten minutes :-)

Just discovered need a micro USB lead...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually mean ten minutes :-)

Just discovered need a micro USB lead...

And like I said its the same lead that come android phones, I also charge my pad with my phone charger, from time to time.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    It's brill that most companies are now using the same lead. I charge my phone off the ps4 and could charge the controller from the mains.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum just got a Sony experia.. Will pop by ttomorrow and see if it has a lead in the box :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum just got a Sony experia.. Will pop by ttomorrow and see if it has a lead in the box :-)

And what's your poor mum going to do when she needs to charge her phone, ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    And what's your poor mum going to do when she needs to charge her phone, ;)

dont they have a usb lead that connects to the computer as well as a charger??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont they have a usb lead that connects to the computer as well as a charger??

no not separate ones new phones (well android) have a charger plug that has a usb socket, then the lead can then be used to plug in to PC or the plug,