[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked at some of the comments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at some of the comments.

Haha, yeah, especially how shallow people were, he's gonna suck because he's fugly. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Since Confidential has now been axed, I wonder how they'll make the announcement?

There will probably be a one off programme similar to Confidential, but not actually called that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Since Confidential has now been axed, I wonder how they'll make the announcement?

White smoke?
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one, Muttley76.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day ;)
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, yeah, especially how shallow people were, he's gonna suck because he's fugly. :D

I thought Matt was considered quite good looking?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Matt was considered quite good looking?

if you read through this thread there are a number of people attacking him based on his appearance.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    It's another good lesson that it doesn't matter what the news or event is, people's agendas are just bent to fit around it, they don't change their opinions at all.

So Matt was "too young" and "This smacks of being RTD's doing, trying to drive the show into the ground as he leaves" etc
    If only people could blame Matt for the music being too loud or the lack of multi-part episodes they would have :D

A good lesson to learn as we approach the 12th Doctor.

IE, be patient, don't judge a book by its cover and maybe shut your neck if you haven't got anything nice to say, it's not like your biased, prejudiced posts are based on any evidence so they'll end up showing you up something chronic when we look back again in 3 years when we're casting the 13th Doctor...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another good lesson that it doesn't matter what the news or event is, people's agendas are just bent to fit around it, they don't change their opinions at all.

So Matt was "too young" and "This smacks of being RTD's doing, trying to drive the show into the ground as he leaves" etc
    If only people could blame Matt for the music being too loud or the lack of multi-part episodes they would have :D

A good lesson to learn as we approach the 12th Doctor.

IE, be patient, don't judge a book by its cover and maybe shut your neck if you haven't got anything nice to say, it's not like your biased, prejudiced posts are based on any evidence so they'll end up showing you up something chronic when we look back again in 3 years when we're casting the 13th Doctor...;)

Trouble is, people never do learn so I fully expect the same kind on nonsense this time around too, though the half arsed reasons for hating on the new person may be different ;)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There will probably be a one off programme similar to Confidential, but not actually called that!

I was thinking that myself only this morning
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Trouble is, people never do learn so I fully expect the same kind on nonsense this time around too, though the half arsed reasons for hating on the new person may be different ;)

Yeah probably. It's almost worth them casting a woman or a black actor just to piss off half of fandom and cease the endless, tiresome speculation you get about it every time the part is recast ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Yeah probably. It's almost worth them casting a woman or a black actor just to piss off half of fandom and cease the endless, tiresome speculation you get about it every time the part is recast ;)

an elderly woman with a limp. doctor Granny !
  • Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    an elderly woman with a limp. doctor Granny !

Granny? Have you been cast as the Doctor? :eek::D

(I really hope she sees this post)
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Have done with it and shunt it to BBC3 or the CBeebies channel. The show is dead.
    Dr_House wrote: »
    Jeez he is wierd looking. Is it Doctor Who or Doctor Frankenstein?
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    I don't care how good an actor he is. The problem is that i) he looks too much like Tennant and ii) he's too bloody young!
    Ohhhhhhhh SHIT!:mad:
    hankmoody wrote: »
    but he looks like the bloody elephant man. o0
    oi_cheeky! wrote: »
    OMG! Is that him?! A mere school boy taking on such a huge role.

How disapointing.

This is casting based on demographics - they want to appeal to younger audiences, ignoring the older ones. Groan!
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge forehead.
    Dreadful, dreadful decision. Whoever decided on 'Matt' Smith should be ashamed of themselves. Dr Who is finished.
    Not only is he too young, he's also ugly :(

Wow. Just wow. Fantastically ugly reactions to Matt Smith's casting, I'm sure that given a photo of all these members I could go about pointing out how ugly etc they are!!

But I am not that sort of person and beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. And besides, the Matt Smith era has truly been fantastic. Sad to see it end :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lets hope we dotn get cute doctor again, but i cna almost wager my left nut, that it wil lbe a cute girl or a cute boy..

Bring back the grandfather look
  • Options
    joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow absolutely shocked at these comments. Matt has actually been brilliant in the part and I think he is quite good looking too!!!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Just wow. Fantastically ugly reactions to Matt Smith's casting, I'm sure that given a photo of all these members I could go about pointing out how ugly etc they are!!

But I am not that sort of person and beauty is really in the eye of the beholder. And besides, the Matt Smith era has truly been fantastic. Sad to see it end :(

The sad thing is we'll get exactly the same sort of comments about New Guy when he's announced
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The sad thing is we'll get exactly the same sort of comments about New Guy when he's announced

or She is announced :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or She is announced :p

All hell would break lose (and not just here) if that were to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All hell would break lose (and not just here) if that were to happen.

.. and then Silence will Fall....

At the Fall of the eleventh...

A girl will takover....
  • Options
    hazelnuttwhikehazelnuttwhike Posts: 156
    Forum Member

A girl will takover....

Ha! Love it :)
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I think there was real gravitas to the way the BBC announced Matt as the new Doctor - an actual special programme shown on prime time BBC1!
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A girl will takover....

Silence will certainly not fall if a woman is cast...nag nag nag nag!!! :p:D