Samsung Kies.

howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
Forum Member
Why doesn't my galaxy ace connect to Kies?

Comments

• PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that is s good question. how are you trying to connect & is it the very latest version of kies?
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Using the usb-mini usb That come with the phone,
    downloaded it yesterday.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kies is extremely flakey. You'll probably connect in the end, but it may take a few tries. If you continually fail to connect, a usual solution is to uninstall Kies and then download it again.

Good luck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    Kies is extremely flakey. You'll probably connect in the end, but it may take a few tries. If you continually fail to connect, a usual solution is to uninstall Kies and then download it again.

Good luck.

That's exactly what I had to do when I had an Ace 2.
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »

because it is shit :)
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It is one of the worlds many unsolved mysteries as to why kies is so shit. I mean its made by one of the greatest companies in the world yet its one of the worst pieces of software in the world.
  • call100call100 Posts: 7,264
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    It is one of the worlds many unsolved mysteries as to why kies is so shit. I mean its made by one of the greatest companies in the world yet its one of the worst pieces of software in the world.

Perhaps the mystery is, why it works so well for some people but not for others.....I can't fault it, the latest version is fast and connects almost instantly when the phones plugged into the laptop....
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    It's a mystery to me that two great companies one who is solely customer focused and the other that is feature focused produce pieces of software (Kies & iTunes) that is so fundamentally crap and hard to get working that you'd doubt they even had anything to do with it.

Although the latest versions of both seem to be a hell of a lot better :)
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can only add that I had the exact same issue with my s3. Samsung made an update & it did work a lot, lot better.

It is still a very "iffy" bit of s/w however.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    call100 wrote: »
    Perhaps the mystery is, why it works so well for some people but not for others.....I can't fault it, the latest version is fast and connects almost instantly when the phones plugged into the laptop....

Same here, I can't fault it. It's fast to connect and does what it says on the tin very efficiently.

:) Mark
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    call100 wrote: »

To be honest i haven't used any of the latest versions so i don't know if it's any better than before but from what you're saying that looks promising.

At least it's not as bad as the old Nokia Ovi Suite if anyone remembers that!
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    At least it's not as bad as the old Nokia Ovi Suite if anyone remembers that!

Oh christ.. i remember that.. it was like a blind school boy coded that disaster.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mystery to me that two great companies one who is solely customer focused and the other that is feature focused produce pieces of software (Kies & iTunes) that is so fundamentally crap and hard to get working that you'd doubt they even had anything to do with it.

Although the latest versions of both seem to be a hell of a lot better :)

I agree with the first bit at least.

I've only ever used the latest Kies, so dont know what it was like before, but i've used the latest iTunes and its even worse than before!
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After months of trying I have at last managed to make a backup of my S2. Albeit not a complete backup.

I backed up each item individually but it failed on the call logs item. Not the end of the world though.I then tried a backup of everything but the call logs and it completed successfully.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »

Hahaha, I love posts like that. It's like saying Why does my washing machine stop before the final spin?

I'm only rigging mate, it's Friday and the JD is out and had a hard day. Your post made me chuckle. In a good way you understand.

Kies is a bas***d. period! :)
    Only two days ago I spent 2 hours at a customer's place trying to achieve the simple task of transfering her contacts from one Samsung phone to another. Nearly lost the will to live.
    I like Lucan, can't fathom how a multi Billion Dollar company can't write good software. Here's a case in point, EE.
    EE are spending 1.5 million quid per day, yet the EE mobile app (while it works) is the most clunky and slow piece of crap ever written. Why?
    Some of the slickest and polished apps are by much smaller fish. Did some management monkey walk onto the CS floor and shout "Right, who here can code apps?". Some person put thier hand up and said they'd done a bit of iOS/Android coding and so they got the job?
    Surely they could've gone to a decent developer, handed them a hundred grand and said we want the best app ever.
    Just don't get it.