*****Luke A Appreciation*****

Comments

• hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I was a bit aghast at first, but have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. The usual suspects will post the usual stuff about it proving something or other that it doesn't but I actually think he has a reason for it. When something seems awful in prospect it might well seem less awful to imagine it in a chick costume. It makes it feel like more of a game. And it is far more attractive than that bloody black and white onesie which seems to be worn by everyone in turn.

When you look at it like that, it doesn't seem too bad and it is far superior to Arron's Baby grow, which, for some reason, all the housemates seem to be donning at the moment.
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Ha ha, yes, I'm principally a Lauren fan. Forgot which thread I was in for a minute :p

I really like Luke so I've been lurking in here for a few weeks. It's really sad they're both up together.

This year, phone, mobile and facebook are all about the same price (33p-35p I think). Although when I tried to use a mobile it capped out at 10 votes and wouldn't let me do any more. I've been using a land line for most of my voting this year.

I like both Luke and Lauren and it's a shame they're both up , it was one of the worst possible outcomes for me. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeebra wrote: »
    I do hula but I don't want the fact that I've voted to be shown on my FB account (it's my guilty secret - I would die of embarrassment if my friends found out I watched BB).:o

Luv-em-all is helping me to get round it though. :D

:D Thanks for blowing my cover:p
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit aghast at first, but have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. The usual suspects will post the usual stuff about it proving something or other that it doesn't but I actually think he has a reason for it. When something seems awful in prospect it might well seem less awful to imagine it in a chick costume. It makes it feel like more of a game. And it is far more attractive than that bloody black and white onesie which seems to be worn by everyone in turn.

I think with Caroline that what you see is literally what you get. She is affectionate and likeable, then can't control her bad feelings and is horrible, then is sorry and tries again. Here, looking at someone she has never liked much preparing to leave the house forever, she is not faced with any emotional challenge - quite the opposite - so she is all affectionate and supportive. It doesn't mean she is putting it on, but it doesn't mean she wouldn't turn against him again if he didn't go and seemed to be more of a threat to her status.

Totally agree. Luke has often been seen telling others, when they're feeling down, that it's a game. And how often do we hear Brian and Emma insisting that the boos are merely panto
    as when Lydia and Shievonne were evicted. And you can't get much more 'panto' than wearing a chick style outfit. If that's what's going to help him cope on the night then it seems fine to me. He's already said today that the thought of going up those stairs is turning his stomach. :( But. of course, he may well change his mind at the last moment, and whip it to reveal ordinary gear underneath. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tellymix.co.uk/videos/96859-big-brother-video-luke-a-adam-enjoy-lads-night-in.html

LITERALLY impossible not to smile at this. In fact I can't stop smiling even though it is over. I look deranged..
  • hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    http://tellymix.co.uk/videos/96859-big-brother-video-luke-a-adam-enjoy-lads-night-in.html

LITERALLY impossible not to smile at this. In fact I can't stop smiling even though it is over. I look deranged..

I love it :D :DI hope it's shown on tonight's episode.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be bothered with the anti Luke A threads anymore. This time next week the haters will have a new target.
  • Lottie_loweLottie_lowe Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    I can't be bothered with the anti Luke A threads anymore. This time next week the haters will have a new target.

STAY STRONG. I can't take it any more but he is still in the house and support seems to be growing for him, who knows if he stays we will have to deal with more nonsense but it will be worth it.:)
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Yes - twas me :D

Pleased to meet you jeanjo :)

What a great video! :D Laughing and having fun! :D

I'm glad they've managed to have a night off :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member

Same for me!
    So happy for them that they got that prize.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    luv-em-all wrote: »
    :D Thanks for blowing my cover:p

I'm a typical Geordie gobs**te (I'm a Mackem really though).;)
    Forum Member
    amypanda wrote: »
    Same for me!
    So happy for them that they got that prize.

Hello Amy - welcome to the forum and to Luke's Appreciation thread also.

Great video and hopefully it will be aired tonight.
    Forum Member
    Hello amy :)

Great place to start your posting ;)

I have shared that video around the forum a bit :D
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    How friendly was Caroline in that clip! :eek: That is the nicest I've seen her be, but I wouldn't trust her for a second.

I suspect Caroline is on a 3rd strike and you're out after 2 formal warnings from BB. Call me cynical but I think that's why she's so upset and showing the appearance of repentance.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    I am now largely ignoring the anti Luke threads (even though serious inaccuracies are being posted there) I do wish the mods would tidy all the repeated threads up though as it's just bad forum practice staring numerous threads on the same subject: it makes finding interesting debates (yes there are some) very difficult. :(

The name calling thread by teddybear and the plus size: dangerous have tried to be rational discussions today ;)

I think it's best to ignore them - responding just bumps them up the page. I try to post in other non offensive threads to push the anti Luke ones down.
  • desmenelopedesmenelope Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be so sad to see Luke or Lauren leave tomorrow. I didn't realise until the Turf Wars task what a cute little brother-sister type team they are. :(

Luke will be getting my votes though. I don't think he'll win but getting saved just once would do him SO much good. Plus he's my favourite, obviously. :)
  • MillysMommaMillysMomma Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately Larry is back in the main forum with his revolting threads.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched since last Saturday but I'll still be voting for Luke !! :)

Minkski I seen your tweet in my emails, don't bother with twitter nowadays :(
  • feathers33feathers33 Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There'll be a lot of blubbing on here if Cool Hand goes tomorrow night.

BTW - I've just realised I got mixed up with the girl who is your friend from My Transsexual Summer. I was thinking she was the one who underwent the full transition during the programme, who, if I remember correctly, was estranged from her daughter.

I felt so sorry for Sarah when she tried to tell her mum that she was transgendered. It was such an uncomfortable moment for her, and I thought her mum was weirdly detached from the situation.

Fortunately I had already taken on board that my son was probably transgendered before we discussed it openly, so it didn't come as a shock.

Hiya.
    I saw your post the other day and meant to reply but I can't for the life of me think why. :confused:

It was tough on her but her mother has come round a bit now but that's about it. She is writing a book about her life too.

It's funny because I have a few M - F TG friends and often get their friends adding me on FB. It's as if they want to be normal friends with people who don't bat an eyelid.
    Telling me I'm wonderful for understanding when in reality, I feel like it's none of my business. I meet them as female so that's what they are.
    Just a tiny bit of acceptance really does go a long long way in the life of a TG.

As for you, I happen to think you are a truly amazing person.
    Not only did you know your child well enough to know something was going on but you took it all on board and not only that, you share it with people on a forum with no shame.

Yep, truly an amazing special person. Sorry for rambling. :o
    Forum Member
    amelie74 wrote: »
    I suspect Caroline is on a 3rd strike and you're out after 2 formal warnings from BB. Call me cynical but I think that's why she's so upset and showing the appearance of repentance.

After the vitriol and spite that poured from her mouth about Luke I don't believe there is anything remotely genuine in this sudden about-turn. I believe you are on the right track.
    Forum Member
    Will be so sad to see Luke or Lauren leave tomorrow. I didn't realise until the Turf Wars task what a cute little brother-sister type team they are. :(

Luke will be getting my votes though. I don't think he'll win but getting saved just once would do him SO much good. Plus he's my favourite, obviously. :)

He would be thrilled to bits.
    Forum Member
    feathers33 wrote: »
    Hiya.
    I saw your post the other day and meant to reply but I can't for the life of me think why. :confused:

It was tough on her but her mother has come round a bit now but that's about it. She is writing a book about her life too.

It's funny because I have a few M - F TG friends and often get their friends adding me on FB. It's as if they want to be normal friends with people who don't bat an eyelid.
    Telling me I'm wonderful for understanding when in reality, I feel like it's none of my business. I meet them as female so that's what they are.
    Just a tiny bit of acceptance really does go a long long way in the life of a TG.

As for you, I happen to think you are a truly amazing person.
    Not only did you know your child well enough to know something was going on but you took it all on board and not only that, you share it with people on a forum with no shame.

Yep, truly an amazing special person. Sorry for rambling. :o

Wow - thank you for your lovely comments. I can't pretend things weren't difficult initially and the effect something like this has on the family dynamics is profound, but I have never for a second not been 100% supportive.

I had some brilliant friends on here when it all came out and they were terrific so heads up to Hicky, Notaword, hrh, bobbla and Mrs G - you all helped to keep me sane.

I'm pleased that things are not so fraught for Sarah and good luck to her with the book.
    Forum Member
    Do you ever join in lurkers zeebra? :) Hicky is always there :)
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    Do you ever join in lurkers zeebra? :) Hicky is always there :)

No I never have - to be honest I don't come onto the BB forum except for when the show is on. Hicky is a top bloke though - we had a thread BNNP (Before Nikki noticed Pete) which ran for years, and like this one, it was a therapeutic meeting place for like minded people. We had so much fun on there - it became a substitute family.
  • AnniesBoobsAnniesBoobs Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    *Cough*Densino*Cough*
    Has been Banned......;):rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mobile wont let me vite is it because im on contract

Keep votin guys Luke A needs us
This discussion has been closed.