EastEnders EP interview-Peter Beale to return in 2013?

Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
While it is by no means certain I get a feeling from Lorraine Newmans interview that Peter Beale will be returning next year.Maybe a recast though but I feel fine with that prospect as I believe the show would benefit hugely from this characters return by bolstering the Beales.

The possibility of Peter Beale returning makes me feel positive.

Who else would welcome the return of Peter Beale?

Comments

• Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A poll should be up soon.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but hopefully a recast...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    but hopefully a recast...

Im open minded on a recast for this role.I quite liked Thomas Law but i dont feel he definitively owned the role so if he didnt want to return as hes pursuing his music career i would be fine with a recast rather than have the character not return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as he hasnt had a personality transplant ill be pleased.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too sure whether it would be a good idea to bring back another character as a recast. Its becoming a bit too many recasts and of course personality transplants to take. It makes you wonder what was the point of the original character if everytime something isn't working or the actor decides to leave that they just change the character completely.

The chemistry needs to be right and too many of these recasts are I think have caused the mess that EE has been in this last few years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure whether it would be a good idea to bring back another character as a recast. Its becoming a bit too many recasts and of course personality transplants to take. It makes you wonder what was the point of the original character if everytime something isn't working or the actor decides to leave that they just change the character completely.

The chemistry needs to be right and too many of these recasts are I think have caused the mess that EE has been in this last few years.

I guess a lot depends on Thomas Law.How is his musical career going?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it is a recast I hope they take there time the old peter was bloody lovely :)
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She said she plans on expanding the Beale family which is great :D She probably means Peter will be returning no doubt but who knows, we might get a new Beale :D
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they hadn't killed Lou off,the actress is 97 now, but has expressed feelings of regret about her character being killed off and said she would've returned if asked. How amazing would that be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she pretty much excluded his return as she did not reply to the specific question at all. That stuff about expanding the family is probably just another lame relationship for Ian. :yawn:
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    I actually think the expansion of the Beale clan, will consist of Denise getting in a relationship with Ian and moving in with him.

Lorraine seemed to dismiss the idea of returns.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Expanding the Beales" made me think Lucy might have a baby.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt they will introduce a baby. What can you do with that? They need someone older.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe Ian's Irish relatives will make another visit. Their last one went so well, after all:D
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the Beales are being expanded, maybe that means a return for Mandy!!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Ian's Irish relatives will make another visit. Their last one went so well, after all:D

They'll ride in on donkeys drunk :D

As an Irish Person I was soooo disgusted with how EE portrayed Ireland in those episodes :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll ride in on donkeys drunk :D

As an Irish Person I was soooo disgusted with how EE portrayed Ireland in those episodes :rolleyes:

I thought it was pure genius!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was pure genius!

As in so bad it was funny?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As in so bad it was funny?

Yeah. Deliberately tongue in cheek, but not!