Back to Camelot, now with added Mackenzie Crook, Merlin S2 discussion, (6/4/2013)

Comments

• Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I can think of a few other reasons why..
    Their names start with B and C :p

Ha, well they should have been dedicated to their acting craft and just got on with it. :D
    star89 wrote: »
    If it helps Gwen has cleavage shots from series 4 onwards too ;)
    Serious now Arwen is lovely in episodes 2x02 and 2x04.. they are very good episodes :)

No I'm afraid Gwen is nowhere near as sexy as Morgana, so I'm not as impressed by her cleavage shots. :p I will try and watch those Arwen episodes with an open mind. You never know, I may be an Arwen fan in a few weeks. ;)
  • star89star89 Posts: 23,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm afraid Gwen is nowhere near as sexy as Morgana, so I'm not as impressed by her cleavage shots. :p I will try and watch those Arwen episodes with an open mind. You never know, I may be an Arwen fan in a few weeks. ;)

Maybe you won't emerge a fan but you'l definitely see how much better Arwen was in these previous series compared to series 5 :rolleyes:

3x06 is another lovely one when we get to it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a MASSIVE Arwen fan the first time around (while thinking at the same time that Arthur and Merlin often seemed to look at each other a TEENSY bit more intensely than was the norm for friends - and, boy, they were certainly into each other!) - then at some point in S3, the whole Arthur/Gwen romance just lost its shine for me. I'm not sure why. It didn't help when Bradley declared in an interview that Arthur's bromance with Merlin was more important to Arthur than his romance with Gwen. Apparently this was chiefly down to the fact that Arthur had only 'been for dinner' at Gwen's, while he saw Merlin all the time. (And this was after the 'true love' kiss, btw! Speaking of which, I'm of the opinion that Arthur loved Gwen AND Merlin, so whichever one of them had kissed him would have broken the spell. There - see? Arwen and Merthur can exist peacefully side-by-side! :D)
    Anyway, I stuck to my Arwen guns all the way through S4, shedding the obligatory tears when Gwen was exiled, and I tried to ignore the voice in my head that declared that Gwen and Lance had bags more chemistry than Arthur and Gwen.
    But by S5, I had to face the fact that I was far more fascinated by Arthur and Merlin as a couple! So I came out as a Merthur fan and I've been SO much happier ever since! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avi8 wrote: »
    We should meet up MrsGH. I feel we are twins separated at birth.

:D:D:D
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EH? :confused: How do you work that out? Is it his will to be in love with Lady Vivian? At the beginning of the episode he couldn't stand her, and at the end of the episode he couldn't wait to see the back of her. In the middle, he was intent on marrying her to the point of nearly bringing war to Camelot because Trickler enchanted him into falling in love with her. He was hardly exercising his free will!

When Merlin made a simpleton of him, he didn't make him do anything stupid (apart from put on some too small clothes, but even then they were meant to be a disguise to save him from being recognised as the king).
    Well I'm not saying he has all of his free will obviously, but he is still kind of in control of his actions. He's compelled to romance Vivian (admittedly beyond reason, as if he'd truly loved her he would have been more cautious) but he still can decide what to do the rest of the time, what to say and how to act. He can make decisions, even if they are bad ones because of the love spell.
    On the other hand when Merlin makes him a simpleton-only using this term because that is what they say in show, I'd actually say it's more of a puppet effect-he looses all ability to think or decide thing for himself. (Obviously that was the point of the spell so that Merlin could force him to leave Camelot, I'm not disputing that Merlin had a good reason for doing it.) He does exactly what Merlin tells him to all the time, he even stops smiling when Merlin indicates he should. The fact that Merlin didn't make him do anything except leave Camelot, wear different clothes and wash up doesn't change the point that he could have. Arthur was unable not to do anything Merlin told him to, he probably would have jumped off a cliff had Merlin ordered it.
    Oh I thought Arthur as a simpleton was really funny. Maybe I am immature. :o
    I do think Bradley's acting of it was funny, it's the situation as a whole that bothers me. Honestly I think the reason I dislike it so much is because Merlin is so mean to simpleton Arthur. :mad: It actually breaks my heart a little because I just want to take care of him and give him a hug. :( Like how Merlin laughs at Arthur being in ill-fitting clothes and stops him from changing into something that fits better, and the way when Arthur says please and thank you Merlin scoffs at him, and then when Arthur says "I'm sorry if I've been a disappointment to you" Merlin offers no comfort (not even an "it's OK", let alone a denial that Arthur is a disappointment) just makes him go and wash up and then laughs when he falls over.
    I don't understand how you could be cruel to anyone who is that helpless and vulnerable, let alone someone who is meant to be your friend. :mad::(:mad:

I know people will say that it's just Merlin getting his own back on Arthur for the times when Arthur throws things at him/makes him do all the chores etc, but I don't think it's a fair comparison because Merlin at those times is in full possession of his wits and able to stand up for himself. (Also doing chores is basically his job. :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Oh am I that obvious? I hadn't really made the connection between being a Merthur fan and this being an episode where Arthur woos a woman. I like ep2 where he woos Gwen, and ep 4 also. So I don't think it is because Arthur is wooing a woman and not Merlin that I don't like it. I just don't like the guest characters and I don't like seeing Arthur making a fool of himself.

I must have listened to it once but I don't remember anything about it. Perhaps I should listen to it during the rewatch, rather than listening to the awful storyline. :)

EDIT: oh I think I do remember one bit of the commentary. Isn't this the episode where Bradley says his mother was on set for one of his wooing scenes and he was embarrassed to have her around?

yes it is that commentary. Its Bradley, Angel and Alice Troughton the director. I always like Alice's commentaries because although the actors still give us their funny ancedotes she does bring the commentary back to episode and tells you whose idea it was to do what.
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Well I'm not saying he has all of his free will obviously, but he is still kind of in control of his actions. He's compelled to romance Vivian (admittedly beyond reason, as if he'd truly loved her he would have been more cautious) but he still can decide what to do the rest of the time, what to say and how to act. He can make decisions, even if they are bad ones because of the love spell.
    On the other hand when Merlin makes him a simpleton-only using this term because that is what they say in show, I'd actually say it's more of a puppet effect-he looses all ability to think or decide thing for himself. (Obviously that was the point of the spell so that Merlin could force him to leave Camelot, I'm not disputing that Merlin had a good reason for doing it.) He does exactly what Merlin tells him to all the time, he even stops smiling when Merlin indicates he should. The fact that Merlin didn't make him do anything except leave Camelot, wear different clothes and wash up doesn't change the point that he could have. Arthur was unable not to do anything Merlin told him to, he probably would have jumped off a cliff had Merlin ordered it.

At this point, reading your post, I was going to say, yes, Merlin could have taken advantage of Arthur in his simpleton state but he didn't! That was another aspect of it that I liked. Apart from making him do the washing up (hardly the worst thing he could have Arthur do) he doesn't really take advantage of him and he DOES look after him in a way I found really touching.

But then I read the rest of your post in which you say:
    Honestly I think the reason I dislike it so much is because Merlin is so mean to simpleton Arthur. :mad: It actually breaks my heart a little because I just want to take care of him and give him a hug. :( Like how Merlin laughs at Arthur being in ill-fitting clothes and stops him from changing into something that fits better, and the way when Arthur says please and thank you Merlin scoffs at him, and then when Arthur says "I'm sorry if I've been a disappointment to you" Merlin offers no comfort (not even an "it's OK", let alone a denial that Arthur is a disappointment) just makes him go and wash up and then laughs when he falls over.
    I don't understand how you could be cruel to anyone who is that helpless and vulnerable, let alone someone who is meant to be your friend. :mad::(:mad:

Wow. I am speechless, truly. I really really don't see it like that. Yes Merlin has a bit of a laugh when he sees Arthur in those clothes - umm, I defy anyone not to smile - did you really not smile when you saw them? But other than that, I didn't think Merlin said or did anything unkind to him. I thought the talk they had about Arthur saying please and thank you was sweet. Merlin just commented it was nice to get both in one go as usually Arthur was rude. Well, that is the truth! And Arthur saying 'I am sorry to be a disappointment' must be one of the most poignant moments of the entire show. Merlin didn't cruelly rub his nose in it. Arthur said he would try to be nicer and Merlin said he looked forward to it. Gosh, I am really astonished that you thought that was Merlin being cruel there. I thought your objection would be that it made fun of people with mental disabilities if anything. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's because the BBC didn't want to show two men kissing at 7pm or whatever time it went out. That's the only reason why. ;)
    The only reason. Uh-huh. Suuuure it was. :p
    It didn't help when Bradley declared in an interview that Arthur's bromance with Merlin was more important to Arthur than his romance with Gwen. Apparently this was chiefly down to the fact that Arthur had only 'been for dinner' at Gwen's, while he saw Merlin all the time.
    You know he declared in a post series 5 interview that Gwen was more important to Arthur than Merlin right? If we are going on Bradley's interviews then you'd better take that into account. :D
    Speaking of which, I'm of the opinion that Arthur loved Gwen AND Merlin, so whichever one of them had kissed him would have broken the spell. There - see? Arwen and Merthur can exist peacefully side-by-side! :D
    Nah, you can't have two true loves. :p Certainly not simultaneously. Arthur loved Merlin as a friend/brother, not a true-love (romantic) type love.
    I tried to ignore the voice in my head that declared that Gwen and Lance had bags more chemistry than Arthur and Gwen.
    Please. Lancelot hasn't got an ounce of chemistry in his whole body, the sap. :rolleyes: :p (rolling my eyes at sappy pathetic Lancelot btw).
    I already want to repeatedly punch Merlin for saving Uther and Gaius so I'm sure I will be joining you.
    OK, you punch Merlin and I will punch Gaius for being such a massive creep.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. I am speechless, truly. I really really don't see it like that. Yes Merlin has a bit of a laugh when he sees Arthur in those clothes - umm, I defy anyone not to smile - did you really not smile when you saw them? But other than that, I didn't think Merlin said or did anything unkind to him. I thought the talk they had about Arthur saying please and thank you was sweet.
    Merlin just commented it was nice to get both in one go as usually Arthur was rude. Well, that is the truth! And Arthur saying 'I am sorry to be a disappointment' must be one of the most poignant moments of the entire show. Merlin didn't cruelly rub his nose in it. Arthur said he would try to be nicer and Merlin said he looked forward to it.
    Gosh, I am really astonished that you thought that was Merlin being cruel there. I thought your objection would be that it made fun of people with mental disabilities if anything. :confused:

I've always seen the episode the same way as you Avi, Merlin using it as a chance to get a little bit of his own back on Arthur by making him do the things he has to do at the behest of his "boss".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, reading your post, I was going to say, yes, Merlin could have taken advantage of Arthur in his simpleton state but he didn't! That was another aspect of it that I liked. Apart from making him do the washing up (hardly the worst thing he could have Arthur do) he doesn't really take advantage of him and he DOES look after him in a way I found really touching.
    Yes, but my original point is still that Arthur under the love spell has more free will than Arthur under Merlin's puppet spell, whether he suffered more under the love spell is irrelevant to that.
    Wow. I am speechless, truly. I really really don't see it like that. Yes Merlin has a bit of a laugh when he sees Arthur in those clothes - umm, I defy anyone not to smile - did you really not smile when you saw them? But other than that, I didn't think Merlin said or did anything unkind to him. I thought the talk they had about Arthur saying please and thank you was sweet. Merlin just commented it was nice to get both in one go as usually Arthur was rude. Well, that is the truth! And Arthur saying 'I am sorry to be a disappointment' must be one of the most poignant moments of the entire show. Merlin didn't cruelly rub his nose in it. Arthur said he would try to be nicer and Merlin said he looked forward to it. Gosh, I am really astonished that you thought that was Merlin being cruel there. I thought your objection would be that it made fun of people with mental disabilities if anything. :confused:
    Well, that is another underlying point that I find distasteful, but I thought it might be best not to get into that. I could go on a whole different rant. ;)

Like I said I do find Bradley's acting funny in places-mostly his facial expressions when they are talking to Tristan and Isolde, and when he is hugging/tapping the tree.
    But my overwhelming feeling while watching that part is sadness at how Merlin treats Arthur. You know the expression 'tugging at your heartstrings'? Well (and this is probably going to make me sound like an over-involved nut case :o) I get that watching it. Aching tugs where I just want to slap Merlin and tell him to be nice. Like the clothes, he puts them on and, ha ha, they don't fit but instead of letting him change Merlin tells him to stay in them, presumably so he can carry on having a laugh. I would assume that even simpletons mostly had clothes that fitted, so I'm not buying that he had to wear ill-fitting clothes for the disguise. As for the please and thank you comment it was in a very sarcastic tone. And saying that you look forward to someone being nicer is in no way stopping them from feeling they are a disappointment. I agree it was a very poignant moment, that is why I was so surprised at Merlin's reaction. Given that Arthur's often worried about not living up to expectations, something Merlin is well aware of, Merlin should have been more sensitive and encouraging, not basically confirmed that he was disappointed in Arthur.

But I guess this is further proof that people see things totally different ways. :) I'm glad that most people see it as more funny banter between the two of them, but to me it really comes across as meanness and taking advantage on Merlin's part.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I've always seen the episode the same way as you Avi, Merlin using it as a chance to get a little bit of his own back on Arthur by making him do the things he has to do at the behest of his "boss".
    That is what I was saying earlier though. When Arthur makes Merlin do those things Merlin is in full control of his faculties, capable of teasing Arthur back or getting his own back in another way. And, as it's his job to clean up after Arthur I'd assume he's paid in some way. Honestly if he just made Arthur wash up and do some other chores it wouldn't bother me. It's the way he laughs at him (after making him dress in stupid clothes and when he falls over) and scoffs at him (when he says please and thank you) and doesn't stop Arthur from thinking he's a disappointment that upsets me. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But my overwhelming feeling while watching that part is sadness at how Merlin treats Arthur. You know the expression 'tugging at your heartstrings'? Well (and this is probably going to make me sound like an over-involved nut case :o) I get that watching it. Aching tugs where I just want to slap Merlin and tell him to be nice.

OK, well I don't have an axe to grind here, and I accept and am sorry for your heart-strings being pulled in this way. I only find it interesting, because I saw it in completely the opposite way. My heart-strings were also pulled but in a positive way. I thought Merlin was so sweet towards Arthur and where you wanted to slap him, I wanted to hug him for the kindness and gentleness with which he speaks to Arthur and looks after him. In fact, I haven't thought about it this much before, but I realise now that when I watch the Arthur as a simpleton bit, I watch it for what Merlin does. It makes me feel all squishy and warm inside. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, well I don't have an axe to grind here, and I accept and am sorry for your heart-strings being pulled in this way. I only find it interesting, because I saw it in completely the opposite way. My heart-strings were also pulled but in a positive way. I thought Merlin was so sweet towards Arthur and where you wanted to slap him, I wanted to hug him for the kindness and gentleness with which he speaks to Arthur and looks after him. In fact, I haven't thought about it this much before, but I realise now that when I watch the Arthur as a simpleton bit, I watch it for what Merlin does. It makes me feel all squishy and warm inside. :o
    That's OK, I'm happy it makes your heart feel warm and squishy. :)
    It is interesting how completely opposite we see it (and I suspect most people would be closer to your side), because I can't see any kindness or gentleness at all, and you obviously can't see a hint of cruelty.
  • myselfandimyselfandi Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I cannot keep up with you people. So as usual, I'm going to jump into the middle of a discussion.

1. I too think that series 2 is a cut above series 1. Sins of the Father and Fires of Idirsholas easily make it onto my top ten list. The Witchfinder and Sweet Dreams are darn good as well. The Nightmare Begins is worth mentioning as the beginning of Morgana's end and hey, a shout-out to Once and Future Queen for Sir Leon, a tournament, and one helluva kiss.

2. Sweet Dreams was a cute comedy, sort of a riff off of 'A Midsummer's Night Dream.' Both Bradley James and Georgia Moffet have excellent comedic skills and I found them both adorable. The scenes with Gwen were a little bit jarring in tonal shift, being super-serious bsns right after the physical comedy of Arthur and Vivian. Still, another helluva kiss.

3. Series 4, episodes 1-10 were the best series. Period. Don't argue with me.

4. Series 4, episodes, 11-13 were not. Episode 12 was particularly repellent when Merlin took away Arthur's free will. ffs, Merlin is supposed to be the good guy. When Alined messes with Arthur and Vivian, he's the bad guy. When Morgana messes with Merlin's free will (4.06, Servant of Two Masters), she's the bad guy.

So why the hell is cute and adorable when Merlin give Arthur the equivalent of a roofie? and sorry, but Colin Morgan's acting choices made it even worse. When simpleton!Arthur is confused, woebegone, and apologetic, Merlin not only does NOT reassure him, but pushes him around and mocks him. FU Merlin.

There's no comparison. 'Sweet Dreams' is a comedy and light in presentation (except for Gwen's scenes). 'Sword in the Stone' is dark and serious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myselfandi wrote: »
    Series 4, episodes 1-10 were the best series. Period. Don't argue with me.
    Oh, I will argue. :p:D

I find series 4 (with the qualifier of episodes 1-10 if you like, doesn't make much difference to me) OK, but a bit bland and boring overall. When I look through the episode list there is not a single episode that really makes me want to watch it again, although parts of certain episodes were good. Then there are all the things that are wrong with series 4; The way they were rehashing the 'there's a traitor in Camelot and Merlin knows but Arthur doesn't' storyline (apparently that was the only overarching storyline they were capable of coming up with), the way they turned Gwen's character into something with all the personality and importance of a blow-up doll, the way they squandered all the knights (who had so much potential at the end of series 3) to such an extent that they basically became devoid of any individual personality as well, the entirety of 4.09. That's without even mentioning how bad the plot holes/inconsistencies had become by that point.
    Looking back I think that, for me, they had already lost most of the joy and fun by then. And while I didn't find series 4 depressing in the way of series 5 I also didn't enjoy it as I enjoyed series 1-3. I'd be interested to hear why you think it's the best series though? :)

Episode 12 was particularly repellent when Merlin took away Arthur's free will. ffs, Merlin is supposed to be the good guy. When Alined messes with Arthur and Vivian, he's the bad guy. When Morgana messes with Merlin's free will (4.06, Servant of Two Masters), she's the bad guy.

So why the hell is cute and adorable when Merlin give Arthur the equivalent of a roofie? and sorry, but Colin Morgan's acting choices made it even worse. When simpleton!Arthur is confused, woebegone, and apologetic, Merlin not only does NOT reassure him, but pushes him around and mocks him. FU Merlin.
    BIB-Yes, that is how I saw it too. That is why it makes me sad for Arthur and angry at Merlin.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call Merlin taking Arthur's free will repellent in and of itself. After all he does it for the best of reasons (to save Arthur's life) and he doesn't actually make Arthur do anything bad or hurtful. I think that is the difference with the examples you gave from earlier episodes-when Alined and Morgana take away free will they are doing it to cause war and death, Merlin is doing it only to save Arthur. So I could live with Merlin taking Arthur's free will and still being the good guy, after all he already has the free will of the dragons while being the good guy. My problem is that he does not lift the spell when they are safely away from Camelot (perhaps he can't, but we don't see him even try) and then not only takes advantage of Arthur being helpless, but offers him no comfort when he is sad.
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking back I think that, for me, they had already lost most of the joy and fun by then. And while I didn't find series 4 depressing in the way of series 5 I also didn't enjoy it as I enjoyed series 1-3. I'd be interested to hear why you think it's the best series though? :)
    That's surprising. I'd have thought that you'd have Series 5 episodes 1-2 as the best series... and it's all downhill from there. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeAP001 wrote: »
    That's surprising. I'd have thought that you'd have Series 5 episodes 1-2 as the best series... and it's all downhill from there. :D
    :p:p:p

Two episodes does not a series make Mike. (And I would say that series 5 went not so much downhill after episodes 1-2 as off a cliff edge.)

Now, if we were discussing best scenes....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to hear why you think it's the best series though? :)

Obviously, I'm not myselfandi but I can say why I like S4 the best. For me, it is because in S4 you get the best of the relationship between Arthur and Merlin - and no I am not talking Merthur for once! ;) In S1 and S2, both can come across as rather silly and immature at times, though their chemistry is electric almost from the start, but by S4 they have matured and their partnership is going great guns. The reason I haven't rewatched any of the mid-section of S5 since it was first broadcast (ie eps 4 - 10) is because the writers totally messed up the Arthur/Merlin relationship and, in doing so, utterly ruined the show for this viewer anyway. I grant you the relationship was well portrayed in eps 1-3 (which I like) and eps 11 - 13 (but those are too painful for other reasons!)

So anyway, S4 tops the list as my favourite series because of the M/A dynamics.

I take your points about the plethora of plotholes, and the blow up doll Gwen and the cartoon cut-out knights, but, because the show for me was always about Arthur and Merlin, none of those things impact as much as perhaps they should. And Agravaine makes a magnificent baddie - miles better than Morgana or Morgause - although his introduction was annoyingly glossed over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, you punch Merlin and I will punch Gaius for being such a massive creep.

You will have to punch Merlin pretty fast because when we get to 2x03 I'l be strangling him :mad:
    3. Series 4, episodes 1-10 were the best series. Period. Don't argue with me.

Oh you know me myselfandi, I never do as I'm told...

Don't agree with you at all. I prefer series 2 and 3 :D
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is what I was saying earlier though. When Arthur makes Merlin do those things Merlin is in full control of his faculties, capable of teasing Arthur back or getting his own back in another way. And, as it's his job to clean up after Arthur I'd assume he's paid in some way. Honestly if he just made Arthur wash up and do some other chores it wouldn't bother me. It's the way he laughs at him (after making him dress in stupid clothes and when he falls over) and scoffs at him (when he says please and thank you) and doesn't stop Arthur from thinking he's a disappointment that upsets me. :(

I just don't see it as Merlin being mean or cruel I guess, I've always found it makes me chuckle that Merlin's able to get "one up" on his boss and he doesn't really do anything horrible to him and the things he says to Arthur are no worse than anything Arthur's thrown his way.
    And Merlin's not really in an equal position with Arthur even when he's got his free will. Merlin is always aware of the fact that Arthur is King and could chop his head off with just a word (that he wouldn't do that is obviously part of the core of the show). Merlin isn't freely able to respond to Arthur with teasing of his own even when they are being depicted properly as friends.

Series Four is my favourite because it's closest to the traditional mythology and then in order I prefer S3 then S5 and then S2 and last is poor old S1 ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know he declared in a post series 5 interview that Gwen was more important to Arthur than Merlin right? If we are going on Bradley's interviews then you'd better take that into account. :D
    Nah, you can't have two true loves. :p Certainly not simultaneously. Arthur loved Merlin as a friend/brother, not a true-love (romantic) type love.

Obviously we disagree about the kind of love that Merlin and Arthur share, so I won't go into that again, but I think it's too simplistic to state that a person can't have two loves. What about love triangles (which happen all the time, certainly in literature - crikey, Gwen/Lance/Arthur is one, for a start). And while I agree that Arthur's love for Merlin isn't sexual (at least until the finale, when as far as I'm concerned all bets are off!), I still think they are soulmates and that Arthur loves Merlin every bit as much as he loves Gwen. :)

As for Bradley's S5 interview, from memory it was a 'well, Arthur is married to Gwen now, so she has to come first' kind of statement. I interpreted it as more of a dutiful putting first than anything - but of course we will all see this differently, according to which ship we support! And fair enough! :D
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My faves are S2, S1 then some of S3...then bits of S4...:)

Then way down here under the bottom of the barrel comes S5* because it sucked more than a giant Dyson imo.

* Happily for those who enjoyed this series I definitely won't be around for the re-watch and you'll be spared the spectacle of an old knight using language that would embarrass a fishwife :D
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC has thrown another curveball and according to the not-as-reliable-as-I-thought radiotimes.com, the first two episodes of series 2 are on next saturday (6th)!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then way down here under the bottom of the barrel comes S5* because it sucked more than a giant Dyson imo.

* Happily for those who enjoyed this series I definitely won't be around for the re-watch and you'll be spared the spectacle of an old knight using language that would embarrass a fishwife :D

Evening my good Sir *curtsies*

I wouldn't worry my good Sir.. they will be used to the language by then, from me after we watch 2x03 and 2x12 :o:p
    Forum Member
    is anyone else having problems accessing Bohemia's fanfic on the AO3 site. I was reading Crown and Consort and bookmarked my page but when I went back to check for any updates Bohemia 's stories seem to have vanished. Does anyone know if this story has been published on any other fanfic sites ?
    Forum Member
    Is anyone else having problems accessing Bohemia's fanfic on the AO3 site ? I was reading Crown and Consort and bookmarked my page but when I went back to check for any updates Bohemia 's stories seem to have vanished. Does anyone know if this story has been published on any other fanfic sites ?