Options

Samsung 8000 3d tv blue panel light won't turn off?

HDMIHDMI Posts: 1,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have tried to turn the blue panel light on my samsung 8000 tv off when the tv is off and it always stays on I only want it to stay on when TV is on but whatever I set it to it just stays on any ideas why it won't turn off when TV is off

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the code for engineering menu must be an easy solution to this one
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the Samsung logo light? And forgive me if this sounds silly, but why don't you just switch the TV off at the wall socket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the menu says you can have the logo on all the time or just when TV is on or when in stand by or off all the time and I can only have all the time including when TV is off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing that you have the UE??F8000 model and not an earlier 8000. According to the User E Manual Page 126 you should be able to turn it off, (and indeed in all the pro reviews it says you can) via Screen Menu, System, General, Light Effect.

If the retailer told you the logo LED could be switched off then I would take the issue up with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried all that but logo light stays on whatever I set the menu to Hence my request for the engineers menu
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Post #2 tells you how to access the service menu on the UE55F8000, but if it doesn't work for you again I suggest contacting retailer or 'phone Samsung UK: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/tvs-and-projectors/samsung-ue55f8000-service-menu-anybody-got-any-experience
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you EVIL C but how do I get post #2 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HDMI wrote: »
    Thank you EVIL C but how do I get post #2 ?

You'll kick yourself.....click on the whathifi link and scroll down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil c thank, you got ,it sorry I seem so thick regards david
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunatlly after all that the code did not work with my samsung UE55H8000ST
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I do that?
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HDMI wrote: »
    How do I do that?

I would not go mucking about with the firmware if you do not know what you are doing. Otherwise you could easily end up with a very expensive door stop.

Looking in the e-manual for this TV I did come across this little note under the section about the Light Effect
    Availability depends on the specific model and area

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201403/20140328092721021/%5BENG%5DGPDVBEUH-1.104-0325.pdf

Page 182

One wonders therefore if your specific model has this feature? Though helpfully (not) it doesn't say which specific models have the feature and which don't.

If you scroll down a couple of pages from that section there is a bit about resetting to Factory defaults. (page 184). That might be a safer option to try first before mucking about with firmware. It will return the TV to the state it was in when you took it out of the box first time. So you will have to go through the setup again. However it might clear out any corruption in the setup and might let you turn the light on and off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the reply Christ I have have been back to currys and the same model on show does have the blue logo menu and it works fine I have tried a factory reset and the light still stays on.however on the brief operating book that comes with the TV there is one passage under turning on the TV which says, (2When you use the samsung smart control the standby light LED does not work except the power button) I can't understand quite understand what that means
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi David, dunno what chrisjr thinks about being called Christ! I wish you had put the model number in your OP. It would have saved me a lot of time Googling.

This is a brand new TV right. Why don't you go back to Currys and just say to them that you want to be able to turn off the logo like you can in the TV they have in the store. If your TV won't allow you to say you want one that does. You have spent a lot of money on your purchase and they should be offering to replace it in my opinion. If they won't budge I think you should 'phone Trading Standards.

I think you made a mistake buying it from Currys, based on all the complaints I see about their customer service, but that's no help to you now! Just out of interest what is the picture like..there aren't that many reviews at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrisjr sorry about the wrong name. Evil c the TV picture is the best I have had from any TV and there are no other problems the logo light is only minor and I can live with it,I just thought it would be an easy fix
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, no, no...after all our hard work you can't give up on the light! Are you man or mouse! But seriously David, how do you find the curved screen as compared to flat. I must admit I'm frankly envious of you. I might buy a UE55H8000 myself if it's that good although for an extra £500 there's the 4K version. I want one where the logo light turns off though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil c I have had a word with one of the more helpful guys at currys and he thinks that it may be something to do with a software update which happened as soon as I powered up when I got the set 2 weeks ago.. I told him I had phoned Samsung about this and got nowhere after being passed to four different people in some distant country none of them could I understand however the guy at currys said the reps from Samsung would be in the store on Saturday so I will call and see what they have to say. As for the TV itself I love it but the menus are a bit complicated for me but apart from the logo for me it's great don't know if anyone walking into the room would notice the curve thou. As for the 4k price was beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to currys this morning and unfortunately the Samsung guys were not due in for another hour or so. Give up now just going to enjoy the TV as it is everything else working fine.Had a similar problem with panel lights on a new bt youview box a few weeks ago when they did an over the air software update and lowered the brightness of the panel lights to almost unseeable was not ever able to get that put back either,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for reporting back David. Currys have treated you with contempt really. Why couldn't they just swap your TV for another with the menu light effect option working correctly? You'd think that they would be falling over themselves to please customers who spend over 2 grand in their store, but no. I don't think you should give up. If it was me I'd be making their life a misery until they sorted it out to my satisfaction.

It's not every day you spend over two thousand pounds on a TV, or even two thousand pounds on anything, unless you're a premier league footballer or a lottery winner, so I think you should receive a high level of service in return.

A company with an eye to building a customer base should ensure that all customers receive the same high level of service regardless of purchase price. Currys obviously feel that a poor level of service is best suited to their richest customers, and are saying to us that we aren't wanted.

Guess who won't be buying a 4K TV from Currys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally i managed to talk to a guy at samsung who could speak nice clear english.He tried to fix the logo light v he tried via the engineers secret menu and again failed.He said the tv had a fault and should be returned to currys for replacement {not repair} He gave me an engineers report to give to currys service dept which i did yeaterday afternoon and the tv was replaced with a brand new one.I should have done what you said evil c in the first place and taken it back right away. .The replacement is fine and everything works perfectly.Many thanks for all the helpful suggestions from you guys over this issue Kind Regards David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi David, I'm so glad that you now have a new TV and are happy with it. Regards, Clive.