Options

The Blacklist starring James Spader (UK Pace) on Sky Living

Comments

• Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's just best you continue to suspend your disbelief before you end up getting bogged down in the minor points.

I mean, Lizzy is the female equivalent of John McClane. The amount of blunt trauma she's had so far - she should have been dead in Season 1 :D

Much slower episode this one. Had time to tell the story, though somewhat miffed the wife story seems wrapped up already.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    I think it's just best you continue to suspend your disbelief before you end up getting bogged down in the minor points.

I mean, Lizzy is the female equivalent of John McClane. The amount of blunt trauma she's had so far - she should have been dead in Season 1 :D

Much slower episode this one. Had time to tell the story, though somewhat miffed the wife story seems wrapped up already.

Or maybe not.........
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't the series 2 discussion be kept to the series 2 UK pace thread.

People watching S1 might not want the spoilers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Shouldn't the series 2 discussion be kept to the series 2 UK pace thread.

People watching S1 might not want the spoilers

?. This is the Blacklist thread. It doesn't say series 1 in the title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But there is a Season 2 UK Pace thread.

It makes sense to me to keep them seperate. If not then I guess they should be merged as it makes less sense to have seperate threads running.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    But there is a Season 2 UK Pace thread.

It makes sense to me to keep them seperate. If not then I guess they should be merged as it makes less sense to have seperate threads running.

I didn't realise there was another one but people seem happy to keep this one going. It's no biggie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any ideas of who it is spying on Liz, Tom or too obvious?
    That would be my guess.

Liz still cared for him and made a deal that he would give her info and lookout for her.

She's getting in deep in this new world. She annulled the divorce to keep the charade up.

Red knows something is up because he knows she's got a source.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    The FBI are portrayed as really stupid in this show. How do they keep allowing people into their interrogations without checking them out first. Plus, they just allowed the Mossad agent who is secretly working for Red into their organisation without checking her credentials first.
    How do you know they haven't just because it wasn't shown on-screen? It's not real-time and they won't bother with the minutiae. Which also explains why no-one goes to the toilet in TV-land ;)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thought the Liz fight, was very good, with who is it, not knowing what was going on....until the bullet appeared in the interview room.:o - with the Memory Woman.

Surprised the ex survived, with the deal - and Red getting messy at the start, with the dead/dying body's.:cool:

Not sure about Mossard, getting in on the act.

"I Love Trains"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pee Wee Herman playing a baddie. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought the double bluff by Red was quite predictable.
    So was the motel guy not being a regular guy although he might not be a sniper out to get her just yet.

Gives a bit of a choice as who's spying on her.

Also didn't like the comic relief of techie getting tongue tied over a hot agent appearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very relevant episode last night.
  • Options
    Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    never seen so much nudity! :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balb0wa wrote: »

You obviously don't watch True Blood, Girls, Masters of Sex or Californication then. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched this after a Halloween night out so may have to give it another watch.

Who did Keen visit with the big black bouncer?
    What was the Key?
    What did Red say to her to explain to the enviro nut? Was it about the pregnancy or something else?
    I assume the double suicide was just because the police were closing in?
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Balb0wa wrote: »
    You obviously don't watch True Blood, Girls, Masters of Sex or Californication then. :D

Compared to the shows you've quoted I agree it was quite tame, but it was actually quite unusual for US network tv - i'm thinking of the scene where Keene's 'double' was topless just using her arms to cover her nipples. :o
    After she stripped I was somewhat dissappointed to find out it was Keene, but then i am a Megan Boone fan. ;-)

On a different note, if anyone's been to the US over the past few months there are some great billboard/bus posters for The Blacklist. I've seen them in LA and NY and they are very stylish. This season is doing great in the ratings for NBC too, one of the most watched programmes on televison right now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Compared to the shows you've quoted I agree it was quite tame, but it was actually quite unusual for US network tv - i'm thinking of the scene where Keene's 'double' was topless just using her arms to cover her nipples. :o
    After she stripped I was somewhat dissappointed to find out it was Keene, but then i am a Megan Boone fan. ;-)

On a different note, if anyone's been to the US over the past few months there are some great billboard/bus posters for The Blacklist. I've seen them in LA and NY and they are very stylish. This season is doing great in the ratings for NBC too, one of the most watched programmes on televison right now.

I didn't see any posters for The Blacklist when I was there in September. Just posters for new shows like Madam Secretary, How To Get Away With Murder and Blackish.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't see any posters for The Blacklist when I was there in September. Just posters for new shows like Madam Secretary, How To Get Away With Murder and Blackish.

Really, I saw a few in both LA over the summer and NY last week. Anyway, these are the ones I'm talking about, i think they're great:

http://www.dailybillboardblog.com/2014/09/tv-week-blacklist-season-two-magazine.html
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shock...Horror...Tom is alive and been held captive, in all seriousness I would imagine we all saw that coming a mile away.

Sending 1 FBI Agent into a potential dangerous situation in the middle of nowhere, I mean really.

I don't know what they have done, but S1 was great, S2 just doesn't feel like it's the same show anymore, it's enjoyable enough, but nothing special.
  • Options
    Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    was it Tom?? didn't recognise him, thought he sounded different
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Shock...Horror...Tom is alive and been held captive, in all seriousness I would imagine we all saw that coming a mile away.

Sending 1 FBI Agent into a potential dangerous situation in the middle of nowhere, I mean really.

I don't know what they have done, but S1 was great, S2 just doesn't feel like it's the same show anymore, it's enjoyable enough, but nothing special.
    It was pretty stupid.
    Plus i'm sure the task force would be investigating an assasin with links to Reddington since he's been arrested and would find a link to Keen.

Also, Mossad agent shot last week and fine now? How long was the gap?
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It comes across that the show is now about Keen, Red is only in the background and if I'm honest they seem to have dumbed down his character. To me it seems Keen & Red have undergone a role reversal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a stupid story this week. Turning people into taxidermy. I mean come on. This show is turning into a farce every week with the stupidity of the FBI. It feels like they are rapidly running out of ideas.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I expected him to turn up. I didn't expect that Lizzy had him and was keeping him secret from Red (and presumably the FBI). The show went to some trouble to show her as being damaged by Tom's betrayal, as being unable to stay in the same motel for very long, for example, and yet she is in fact very much on top of the situation and in control of him. I thought it was an interesting character development.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was hinted at several episodes ago that she wasn't as vonurable and clean as she likes to make out when Red knew that she must have a source giving her info about cases.