Options

Muslim Council of Britain is Offended

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Maybe the Muslim Council were offended by the bit where the letter said that the values of Britain and Muslims are the same. It pretty much insinuates that Muslims should go out in a skirt that's just about covering your growler, followed by falling over in the high street in a pool of your own vomit, followed by a morning run to Maccy D's for a double sausage and egg McMuffin.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Maybe the Muslim Council were offended by the bit where the letter said that the values of Britain and Muslims are the same. It pretty much insinuates that Muslims should go out in a skirt that's just about covering your growler, followed by falling over in the high street in a pool of your own vomit, followed by a morning run to Maccy D's for a double sausage and egg McMuffin.

I think its because they didn't say the sausage should be made from Halal pork :D
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

What about the women?
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh Dear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    What about the women?

I think we got away with this as many British men still believe they should just cook, clean and bring up the children.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The MCB don't represent me and I've said that on here in the past. Nothing has changed. They seem to be self-serving in much of what they do. Also, I always had the notion they represented Muslims of Pakistani origin than any other.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    Why? The obvious and generally accepted answer to that is "yes". There isn't an obvious answer to the other. The poser would seem to think that the answer is "no". Whereas there are some, who clearly are surprised.

Yeah you're right, I must've been a bit confused when I wrote that, oops! :blush:
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    They have just had someone from the Muslim council of Britain saying that the letter should not just have been sent to Mosques and that all faiths have to play their part??

Are they really on the same planet as the rest of us.

To be honest, no.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have never done any of those things and I do not know anyone who has.:confused:

Hope you were joking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oops. Someone from the Guardian has been allowed to break ranks:
    Gohir is outraged that offenders can go unpunished because of the cultural emphasis on “honour”, and women’s role in upholding it, that means someone reporting the abuse of a girl could be accused of bringing “shame” on her family. “I wish the words shame and honour could be deleted,” she tells me. “That is the root of our problems – from forced marriages to not reporting domestic violence.”

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/19/muslim-womens-network-chair-lot-of-women-suffering-silence
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never done any of those things and I do not know anyone who has.:confused:

Hope you were joking.

He thinks he is...
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let's get this straight.

Some Muslims kill the French version of Walt Disney, because they don't like the look of Mickey Mouse.

It's still shocking when you have to write that down that people have been killed over a cartoon.:cry:

The people of Europe say hang on muslims that's pretty bad form.

The Muslims respond by saying they are offended. >:(

We all say it's nothing to do with Islam and then tell each other multiculturalism is great because of the food.

This country is literally on its knees now.

I feel very depressed about the future of this country that my children and grandchildren will have to live in. The Islamic influence will only increase as their numbers go up. :(:(
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you're right, I must've been a bit confused when I wrote that, oops! :blush:

I did nearly go into an infinite logic loop trying to make it make sense :)
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have just had someone from the Muslim council of Britain saying that the letter should not just have been sent to Mosques and that all faiths have to play their part??

Are they really on the same planet as the rest of us.

How are the Jews supposed to help stop the Muslim extremists, exactly?

As far as I know, there are no Jewish extremists shooting people in their offices and blowing up trains, so the Jews don't need to worry too much about that at the moment.
  • Options
    zonazona Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Terry N wrote: »
    These letters and the antisemitism thing that May was banging on about the other day is a response to something that happened in France. Nothing has happened in the UK. Bloody morons.

Exactly, I would be offended my self
    1 it assumes that Mosques are not preaching tolerance and peace - I've seen and read a number of reports where leaders specifically address this- especially after events such as 7/7 and Woolwich - let alone Islam itself which contains references to peace and Allah's love

2 Why did the Eric Pickles not write such a letter after the Lee Rigby event - the killers attended mosques.

3. Most British people forget that they have been 'served' by Moslems for the last 40 years - your local doctor, newsagent, station staff etc - they are not a new breed, they have been with us for longer than most people on this forum! I wish we can go back to naming them by 'ethnicity' - though it seemed a bit divisive, at least it was accurate and then call the fanatical, brain-washed, unhinged - just that a 'dangerous extremist!'

4 We don't send a letter to David Cameron and co, to explain the uncovering of 'pedophiles' of his generation

5 Everything is seen through the prism of 'white westerner eyes' - fair enough that's the history of England and the rest of Europe, but on a domestic front, leaders need to take a step back and carefully consider what 'actions' are seriously community building or not

6 I fear that this letter is the first step - soft approach, to a gradient that can become very steep and draconian if 'attacks' in the name of Islam continues. If officials keep tying these up with the general moslem population then the governments of the day will make UKIP seem like a tea party for pensioners!.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,093
    Forum Member
    The MCB are not elected, they are self appointed busybodies. They have certainly proved today its a waste of time trying to engage with them.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    To give Pickles his due he has managed to grovel to the Muslim community and insult it at the same time.

You would think that would provide enough to please everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Richard46 wrote: »
    To give Pickles his due he has managed to grovel to the Muslim community and insult it at the same time.

You would think that would provide enough to please everyone.

That's quite some feat :D
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    The MCB don't represent me and I've said that on here in the past. Nothing has changed. They seem to be self-serving in much of what they do. Also, I always had the notion they represented Muslims of Pakistani origin than any other.

Who are they anyway? Did the Muslim 'community' vote for them? If so when are they up for re-election? Why do we need them, aren't we all equal citizens under the law and why does it matter what people's origins are anyway to the extent of having 'spokespeople' for one group of citizens but not for others? And of they don't represent those people in any accepted way why do we take any notice of them?
    It's just such a mssive own goal, whining about a perfectly reasonable request to all stand together against the bad guys in our midst, thereby making out they' re the victims in all this instead of the people being murdered because they happened to do or be something some of their more extreme 'community' members object to. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to show how much they want to show solidarity with the rest of us against a nasty threat.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member

Quoted for truth and respect.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zona wrote: »
    Exactly, I would be offended my self
    1 it assumes that Mosques are not preaching tolerance and peace - I've seen and read a number of reports where leaders specifically address this- especially after events such as 7/7 and Woolwich - let alone Islam itself which contains references to peace and Allah's love

2 Why did the Eric Pickles not write such a letter after the Lee Rigby event - the killers attended mosques.

3. Most British people forget that they have been 'served' by Moslems for the last 40 years - your local doctor, newsagent, station staff etc - they are not a new breed, they have been with us for longer than most people on this forum! I wish we can go back to naming them by 'ethnicity' - though it seemed a bit divisive, at least it was accurate and then call the fanatical, brain-washed, unhinged - just that a 'dangerous extremist!'

4 We don't send a letter to David Cameron and co, to explain the uncovering of 'pedophiles' of his generation

5 Everything is seen through the prism of 'white westerner eyes' - fair enough that's the history of England and the rest of Europe, but on a domestic front, leaders need to take a step back and carefully consider what 'actions' are seriously community building or not

6 I fear that this letter is the first step - soft approach, to a gradient that can become very steep and draconian if 'attacks' in the name of Islam continues. If officials keep tying these up with the general moslem population then the governments of the day will make UKIP seem like a tea party for pensioners!.

Are you Muslim Zona?.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Muslim council of Britain need to stop being so bloody offended. If I was muslim I'd be more upset that terrorists are hijacking my faith and murdering innocents
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member

Ha ha, my prospective daughter in law says 'bog off' to the MCB too. So who do they represent, apart from themselves?
  • Options
    BrolacBrolac Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    Ha ha, my prospective daughter in law says 'bog off' to the MCB too. So who do they represent, apart from themselves?

Installed by the Blair sobs iirc says it all really😇
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    There's also a Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain who are self appointed but they don't seem offended :).