Anne Kirkbride dies aged 60 - Deidre Barlow

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    I just saw this in tonight's CBB thread. I haven't watched Corrie for years but I was genuinely saddened to hear this.

R.I.P to her and condolences to her family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    So sad, 60s no age to die nowadays
    Such a great actress
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in total shock, I had no idea she was ill. And only 60 - no age to die. RIP Anne, my thoughts are with her family and loved ones.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell! She was off for 3 months break, and wasn't back to Corries last weekend, as it was in the papers last weekend. RIP Anne :(
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad, only just found out on Facebook, I knew she'd been written out of corrie for a while but didn't realise she was that ill. R.I.P :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very sad R.I.P
    I had only recently read about her difficulties at work and how, even though she had physically recovered from her cancer, she never really came to terms with its effect on her whole life. R.I.P
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this is a shock!! I had no idea she was sick. Was it cancer?:o
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heard on the CBB thread :(

I love Corrie and will never ever forget 'Free Deidree' it gave us so much fun.

RIP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG this is a shock!! I had no idea she was sick. Was it cancer?:o

"...after a very short illness", says Wiki.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so dad RIP to her and condolences to her family & friends. Such a shock to read.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read this on Twitter :(:(

RIP Anne Kirkbride
  • Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Totally shocked. How sad.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you're a Corrie fan or not, this is a terrible shame.

She was one of the most recognisable faces on British TV and the character she played of Deirdre Barlow was one of the lynchpins of the whole show for the best part of 30 years.

RIP Anne Kirkbride.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I only read the other day Anne was confirmed as returning to Coronation Street and then this today. How very sad. Loved Deirdre grew up with her on tv. R.I.P
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whao! Talk about shocked! Can't believe this. She was one of them celebrities/actresses that I expected would carry on acting until she was maybe near 80. Gobsmacked at this.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,968
    Forum Member
    RIP Anne. I grew up with her on Corrie, and she was always one of my favourites. Just terrible.
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the other day that she was considering quitting the Street and had been suffering depression :(
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TreyC wrote: »

Sad and shocking news. Like so many people in the UK I've watched Dierdre on tv since childhood.Can't believe she won't be seen again. Condolences to her family and friends :(
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched CS for 20 odd years but even I was shocked to read of her passing. 60 is far, far too young. I still remember the Deidre, Ken and Mike storyline. RIP Anne
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    The Sun is reporting a brain tumour. How awful for her. RIP.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    :(:( I'm stunned. I had no idea she was unwell. She will be sorely missed. A real Corrie legend has gone.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could always take or leave Corrie, but she was an icon, no doubt about it. On the rare occasions she was on something else - Mr & Mrs and so on - she seemed very funny and like she didn't take herself too seriously.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame. I didn't realise she was ill.

Loved watching her and Blanche together.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really Shocked at this :o

I know she asked for extended Leave from Corrie citing 'personal reasons' but didn't know she was ill again :(

RIP Anne ,Deidre will be missed