Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's bloody lucky there .. that looked like he waited to do that
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Despairing at Ade, he saps the energy out the team.

To be fair though he cant do anything until our midfield get the freakin ball off them.
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he takes something away from us as we just seem content to hoof and hope when he is up front.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we made hard work of that. bloody hell. Ref has been VERY favourable towards Sheffield with respect to the number of fouls he's let go.

I suppose this would probably be a game where Soldado would do quite well as we'd benefit from his link up play.

I wonder if the idea is to just play it safe, not concede and hope to catch them late ?
    Forum Member
    Agreed, but I do think we need a big man to give us the option of doing that but Ade ain't the answer.

I reckon there's no point in having Kane sitting behind the front man in the center of the 3. Either put him where hurts the opposition or don't use him at all. Right now he's not helping gel our attacks. I'd rather see Kane up front on his own and perhaps Soldado sitting behind.

Take Ade off.
    Forum Member
    Well we made hard work of that. bloody hell. Ref has been VERY favourable towards Sheffield with respect to the number of fouls he's let go.

I suppose this would probably be a game where Soldado would do quite well as we'd benefit from his link up play.

I wonder if the idea is to just play it safe, not concede and hope to catch them late ?

Agreed, pee'd off with 1st half performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, maybe move Eriksen back to the middle where he's more effective, put Kane up front and replace Ade with, god forbid, Lennon ..
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,749
    Forum Member
    Townsend needs to be on the left. Davies is totally exposed to their winger and we need to stretch their defence more. I might even be inclined to bring on Lennon and take off Ade.

Not sure that Stambouli and Mason are the best pairing either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    more favourable treatment from the ref there .. hhmm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank buggery for that
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need another.
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    13 mins to go: United about to run out of steam, need to take advantage ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    We need another.

.. three at least :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we should be putting our foot on the gas and looking for another one, not keep passing it sideways all the bloody time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the sort of game where you blow a huge raspberry at the end ..

a win is a win is a win i suppose but good god we made hard work of that. we shouldn't be struggling that much against a league one side.
    Forum Member
    Difficult away leg ahead. We're well unlucky to have all these absent / injured players when we're probably hitting the most important 6 weeks or so of the season. I hope some of the players who haven't featured much so far are up to the job. If we drew Liverpool or Chelsea for this semi, I think we'd be out of the tournament today.
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,749
    Forum Member
    I don't know why we're surprised really. Any hardworking and well organised team who get men behind the ball present us with problems because we lack real creativity. Added to that most of our team were below par tonight especially those we usually rely on i.e. Kane and Eriksen
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    the sort of game where you blow a huge raspberry at the end ..

a win is a win is a win i suppose but good god we made hard work of that. we shouldn't be struggling that much against a league one side.

A league one side capable of beating southampton and seemingly up for the task of Spurs

I was impressed with Utd today, didn't look a League one side, yes you should expect to be better on the field than theses teams but don't forget....it is football, it's doesn't always pan out
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Im not sure 1-0 will be enough.

The manager said he is taking Sheff Utd seriously, and then goes and picks a weakened team again...5 first teamers dropped from the weekend match against Sunderland.

Im so disappointed again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Moth wrote: »
    I don't know why we're surprised really. Any hardworking and well organised team who get men behind the ball present us with problems because we lack real creativity. Added to that most of our team were below par tonight especially those we usually rely on i.e. Kane and Eriksen

I'm not massively surprised, to be fair because you've summed up quite well how we often struggle against sides like that. Knarf says it all the time as well.

But then I suppose, to be fair, the players like Kane and Eriksen aren't going to be able to turn it on every single time - fatigue is certainly going to play a role in that part of their game, so hopefully they'll be more up for it next week.

The one slight advantage we'll have is that Sheffield will have to come at us to try and get a goal, so if we can exploit that then we might be ok.

Would be nice to get Lamela back soon as well as i think he could certainly make a difference.
  • Joe_TotaleJoe_Totale Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    If we can play at a tempo then Sheffied U will surely be out classed. If we don't then we will give them a chance to use their physicality.which has taken them pass other Premiership teams in this competition.

I don't know where the physicality talk comes, they're one of the smallest sides in the league :confused:
    It must be from when Bassett was there.....20+ years ago :D
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    I'm not massively surprised, to be fair because you've summed up quite well how we often struggle against sides like that. Knarf says it all the time as well.

But then I suppose, to be fair, the players like Kane and Eriksen aren't going to be able to turn it on every single time - fatigue is certainly going to play a role in that part of their game, so hopefully they'll be more up for it next week.

The one slight advantage we'll have is that Sheffield will have to come at us to try and get a goal, so if we can exploit that then we might be ok.

Would be nice to get Lamela back soon as well as i think he could certainly make a difference.

Stop calling them Sheffield>:(

They only represent one fifth of the city
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Stop calling them Sheffield>:(

They only represent one fifth of the city

I shall bear that in mind in the future :)
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Much appreciated:)

It might not seem much but it matters to us:)

I'm still angry though cos I backed you lot -1 goal;-)
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Not really worried - they can't park the bus: Proper game. Expect to win by 2 or 3 :)
This discussion has been closed.