most upsetting scene in a movie

jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
Forum Member
after watching wolf creek i dont think anything will come close to the head on a stick sequence :eek: :eek: :eek:

whats yours

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was pretty bad :)

Try Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. There's an almost unwatchable scene with a killer, a child, a rope and a chair. I watched it on my own and cried. I have two young children. It was the most difficult scene I've ever had to watch. Well, chosen to watch.

Gore is always watchable, but children suffering is tricky. Especially when it's done so effectively.
  • jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
    Forum Member
    sounds nasty that
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    That was pretty bad :)

Try Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. There's an almost unwatchable scene with a killer, a child, a rope and a chair. I watched it on my own and cried. I have two young children. It was the most difficult scene I've ever had to watch. Well, chosen to watch.

Gore is always watchable, but children suffering is tricky. Especially when it's done so effectively.

Looking up on the net, that seems like a good film. Is it all in foreign with subs tho?

Not seen that scene you are on about, but I tend to have good stomach for gory films, etc, such as Saw & Final Destination that type of stuff.

I think its the films were abuse & child cruelty is what gets my back up, so if that film Vengenace is like this then I'll give a miss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote:
    Looking up on the net, that seems like a good film. Is it all in foreign with subs tho?

Not seen that scene you are on about, but I tend to have good stomach for gory films, etc, such as Saw & Final Destination that type of stuff.

I think its the films were abuse & child cruelty is what gets my back up, so if that film Vengenace is like this then I'll give a miss.

Well the scene in question is essential really, as it's the source of the 'vengeance'. It's the final film in the trilogy, 'Sympathy for Mr Vengeance', 'Oldboy' and then this one.

Oldboy is the best in my opinion. All Korean films and all very good films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    The scene in Sleepy Hollow where the headless horsemen goes into the home with the little lad and his parents and hunts down the kid whos under the floorboards :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the fly last nite wen he becomes the brundle fly thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The original fly, at the end when thehuman head is on the fly, always freaks me out, much better then the remake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the lady vengence.

I'd also have to say "the last house on the left" with the sexual humiliation, not nice at all.

Also "Anatomy of Hell" the tampon scene was disgusting and also the licking of period blood after sticking fingers places
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rape scene in "the hills have eyes"(2006) was uncomfortable and upsetting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rape scene in "the hills have eyes"(2006) was uncomfortable and upsetting

I second that
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Eye-ball slitting in Un chien andalou (surrealist film co-written by Dali). Had to watch it at school.

Ewww................
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um... don't remember the name. It's the one with the two psycho girls who kill the mother with the brick in the stocking. It stars Kate Winslet.

It's so painful to watch and you keep visualizing the scene in your head for hours.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disturbed by the 'head on a stick' scene in Wolf Creek but I think the rape scene in it was far worse, that curly haired girl is a good actor. Just a really unpleasant movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote:
    Eye-ball slitting in Un chien andalou (surrealist film co-written by Dali). Had to watch it at school.

Ewww................

I had to watch that in Media Studies, I was physically sick after watching it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um... don't remember the name. It's the one with the two psycho girls who kill the mother with the brick in the stocking. It stars Kate Winslet.

It's so painful to watch and you keep visualizing the scene in your head for hours.

It's called Heavenly Creatures.

I hate any scenes of violence. I find violence very disturbing and prefer to close my eyes!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pia wrote:

I hate any scenes of violence. I find violence very disturbing and prefer to close my eyes!!

You'd like Ichi the Killer then ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pia wrote:

Yes, Heavenly Creatures. Thanks. It's a very disturbing film
  • mattyl149mattyl149 Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched An American Werewolf In Paris today and that had some shocking scenes in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Watership Down, all of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TROD wrote:
    Watership Down, all of it.

yeah ur rite, particularly where one of 'em gets killed by a rat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Un chien andalou obviously. Rape scene in A Clockwork Orange. Although the worst is probably the rape scene in Irreversible. Horrid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    a film called come and see

about nazi many horrid scenes. a movie told thru the perspective of a child who witnesses horrible crimes.

trailer here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Some scenes in Audition are pretty hard to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has to be when bambi's mother dies.....come on people! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end of Se7en, or the electrocution in The Green Mile.