Options

Who do you want to see next series?

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Rebecca & Ian would be great.

Brendan isn't the right pro to have two Olympians on the trot.

Ricky & Ola would be a fiery mix!
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see Steve Davis and Nicholas Parsons take part.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No to any royals:yawn:.

The brown-nosing from the judges and everyone else would be sickening.

Don't agree. I think modern Royals would not be hoity-toity, like perhaps their predecessors might have been ; they'd probably want to be treated no different than anyone else and would not want the judges to do them any favours.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richwood wrote: »
    Don't agree. I think modern Royals would not be hoity-toity, like perhaps their predecessors might have been ; they'd probably want to be treated no different than anyone else and would not want the judges to do them any favours.

IMO this issue is wether they would be treated any different! Even though I'm not a royalist I'm prepared to accept that someone like Zara Phillips maybe a nice personality and could be a good dancer and at least she's achieved something other than being part of the 'royal' family but I don't have any faith that the judges or producers would not treat her any different from the other celebs - she'd be major signing and she's 'royal' so they'd want her in the show as long as possible. She may not want to be treated any different than other celebs but I don't think the BBC would see it that way and like HOL said I'd find the brown-nosing nauseating!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently Keith Chegwin turned them down this year :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, and as if by magic, Rebecca Adlington is now 3/1 with some bookies to take part in SCD 2013!
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruth Madoc, 69, Hi-de-Hi Actress - maybe
    Debbie McGee, 54, Magician's Assistant - definitely no.
    Amanda Mealing, 45, Actress - OK
    Miranda Hart, 40, Comedian - are the male pro dancers tall enough?
    Kelli Young, 31, Liberty X Singer - OK
    Helen Glover, 26, Rower = ?
    Ashleigh Butler, 18, Dog Trainer - no

Geoff Capes, 63, Former Athlete - no
    Brendan O’Carroll, 57, Comedian/Writer - too busy
    Mark Owen, 41, Take That Singer - too wimpy
    Paddy McGuinness, 39, Comedian - NO, NO, NO!
    Jason Robinson, 38, Rugby Player - OK
    Dominic Cooper, 34, Actor - YES, YES, YES!
    Chris Mears, 19, Diver - ?
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »

Another excuse to bring back Ian... (unless the producers go down the Anton route).
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    I would love to see Steve Davis and Nicholas Parsons take part.

Oh yes please to Davis but I don't think he would do it.

Shame though - he and Erin would be brilliant.

And what about Aliona with Nicholas:D
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that Brendan, our best ballroom dancer, gets a good ballroom partner, like Lisa Snowdon,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrHUQ_oioFY
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Ruth Madoc, 69, Hi-de-Hi Actress - maybe
    Debbie McGee, 54, Magician's Assistant - definitely no.
    Amanda Mealing, 45, Actress - OK
    Kelli Young, 31, Liberty X Singer - OK
    Helen Glover, 26, Rower = ?
    Ashleigh Butler, 18, Dog Trainer - no

Geoff Capes, 63, Former Athlete - no
    Brendan O’Carroll, 57, Comedian/Writer - too busy
    Mark Owen, 41, Take That Singer - too wimpy
    Paddy McGuinness, 39, Comedian - NO, NO, NO!
    Jason Robinson, 38, Rugby Player - OK
    Dominic Cooper, 34, Actor - YES, YES, YES!
    Chris Mears, 19, Diver - ?

I would prefer Jason Orange.

How about a representative from Only Fools & Horses? Paul Barber (Denzil) would be my choice!:D
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I thought this article that I read today was quite interesting, and apparently Johnny Ball had to audition and that it was Flavia who danced with him and gave him the thumbs up for the show!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/376052/Strictly-stars-hit-the-stage-at-the-Midnight-Tango
    “I was the oldest contestant and they told me they had chosen eight celebrities and not the other six, so I said, ‘Are you dithering with me? Why don’t you see what I can do?’” Johnny, 74, tells us.

“So five days later I was dancing with Flavia before they accepted me. I did a bit of Cha Cha and a Quick Step and she gave me the thumbs up. When she won the show with Louis Smith I said to her at the after party I’m glad for you, if you had me as a partner you wouldn’t have won! I was sad to leave.”

I had heard before that some celebs had to audition for a place, but didn't realise it was the pros who danced with them. Anyway, I thought that was pretty decent of Flavia considering she could very easily have been the one to partner him and I wonder if all of the others would have done the same.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to see Aliona and Katya back next series.

Really hope Aliona gets a serious contender:)
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie McGhee has been suggested. She was a trained dancer when Paul Daniels met her. Over-qualified I think !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Just want to see Aliona and Katya back next series.

Really hope Aliona gets a serious contender:)

Aliona has had two serious contenders already - it would imo be a travesty if she got another one so soon. If she's back next series I doubt if they'll give her someone like Johnny who unfortunately we never got to see her with him, but to give her another contender right after Matt and Harry would imo be a joke.

I'd like to see what she could do with a Sid Owen or Richard Arnold type celeb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aliona has had it very easy over the last three years - the last one excepted.

Not fair to give her another contender. Natalie and Erin did the silk purses and sows ears trick last year.

Could Aliona have got what Natalie and Erin got out of Michael and Richard last year

I don't know, for me she is still an unknown quantity in that respect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I thought this article that I read today was quite interesting, and apparently Johnny Ball had to audition and that it was Flavia who danced with him and gave him the thumbs up for the show!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/376052/Strictly-stars-hit-the-stage-at-the-Midnight-Tango
    I had heard before that some celebs had to audition for a place, but didn't realise it was the pros who danced with them. Anyway, I thought that was pretty decent of Flavia considering she could very easily have been the one to partner him and I wonder if all of the others would have done the same.
    I'm sure I remember reading on this forum that Lisa said in a radio interview she'd been tried out with a few of the pros - I don't know if this was at the 'audition' stage or when she was actually told she was taking part. I think the FM had said they wanted to find out which pros were capable of lifting her.
    footygirl wrote: »
    Aliona has had it very easy over the last three years - the last one excepted.

Not fair to give her another contender. Natalie and Erin did the silk purses and sows ears trick last year.

Could Aliona have got what Natalie and Erin got out of Michael and Richard last year

I don't know, for me she is still an unknown quantity in that respect

I'd like to see Aliona with someone whose never danced before and without natural ability. As Dilly has pointed out they do audition the celebs so they should have a fair idea of the celebs abilities - it'd imo be pointless giving her another ringer next series when she's already had two dream partners very recently!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I'm sure I remember reading on this forum that Lisa said in a radio interview she'd been tried out with a few of the pros - I don't know if this was at the 'audition' stage or when she was actually told she was taking part. I think the FM had said they wanted to find out which pros were capable of lifting her.

I'd like to see Aliona with someone whose never danced before and without natural ability. As Dilly has pointed out they do audition the celebs so they should have a fair idea of the celebs abilities - it'd imo be pointless giving her another ringer next series when she's already had two dream partners very recently!

Agree with this Topaz:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Melanie Sykes- TV Presenter/ Cougar with Brendan Cole.
    Anthony Ogogo- Boxer/ Trunk Wearer with Iveta Lukosiute.
    Gyles Brandreth- Novelist/ Failed MP with Kristina Rihanoff.
    Amanda Burton- Actress/ Corpse Botherer with James Jordan.
    Dionne Bromfield- Singer/ Fetus with Pasha Kovalev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Melanie Sykes- TV Presenter/ Cougar with Brendan Cole.
    Anthony Ogogo- Boxer/ Trunk Wearer with Iveta Lukosiute.
    Gyles Brandreth- Novelist/ Failed MP with Kristina Rihanoff.
    Amanda Burton- Actress/ Corpse Botherer with James Jordan.
    Dionne Bromfield- Singer/ Fetus with Pasha Kovalev

That would make a very interesting intro
    Presenter and Cougar.....:D
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as Brendan gets a good partner, I really don't care. He is SO overdue somebody with potential. And after putting up with Victoria he deserves a medal and a pay rise as well as a shot at the title.
  • Options
    lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as Brendan gets a good partner, I really don't care. He is SO overdue somebody with potential. And after putting up with Victoria he deserves a medal and a pay rise as well as a shot at the title.

But on paper she had real potential.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy777 wrote: »
    But on paper she had real potential.

Victoria did look like she could have done a lot better. We saw a glimpse of that in Halloween week, but she was prone to collapse on the floor at the first sign of difficulty and was a negativity-aholic. I think she would have needed someone who was also a world-class motivational sports psychologist.

Nicky was another celeb who was considered one of the favourites to win before the show. After a few weeks a lot of people seemed to be classing him as a duffer. I think he might have had the potential to win. Without a time machine to use to rerun it with different pairings, we'll never know for sure.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The full contestant list of Let's Dance for Comic Relief is out.

From this, I'd say Keith Duffy, Anthony Cotton, Ricky Hatton, Dean Gaffney or Kim Woodburn are the most likely to be doing Strictly.
  • Options
    MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The full contestant list of Let's Dance for Comic Relief is out.

From this, I'd say Keith Duffy, Anthony Cotton, Ricky Hatton, Dean Gaffney or Kim Woodburn are the most likely to be doing Strictly.

This year we had two from Let's Dance (Dani and Fern had done it as well.)

Keith could be the resident boybander if none of the JLS boys are willing to do it.

Kim would be the joke act of the year.

Ricky is probably already signed up for this year's Strictly anyway.

Dean Gaffney? No way, he hasn't been relevant for the past 5 years.

ITV probably wouldn't let Anthony do it, thank god.