Options

Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I have to say I completely agree with this.
    Whilst on the one hand £20,000 is a huge amount of money for someone with as high a profile(:rolleyes:) and access to so much free publicity, the fact that PA failed even to raise this amount makes me a little confused.
    Even if he had asked his followers to contribute a tiny amount each, surely that would have been something.
    The silence around his fundraising, both from him and CAN appears quite deafening.

I'm not one to jump on the fame-**** bandwagon(:o) but just to illustrate my point about fundraising - we finished the RFL in Finsbury Park at the weekend, and between the 6 of us (and family,friends,colleagues,OH's colleagues etc) we have managed to raise just under £12k.
    None of us has a management team, a reality show, a newspaper column or 1 million Twitter followers.
    So for me, it does slightly beg the question - wtf has PA been doing?

Exactly AS, this is where my confusion, frustration, not to mention exasperation lies, it just doesn't make sense:confused:

Apart from that.....well done on completing Race for Life & raising a fantastic amount.:D
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly AS, this is where my confusion, frustration, not to mention exasperation lies, it just doesn't make sense:confused:

Apart from that.....well done on completing Race for Life & raising a fantastic amount.:D

Thank you - we had such a brilliant time, although I think that most people are glad it's over and we've all stopped accosting them and asking for donations.
    I wasn't trying to big myself up, I was just trying to illustrate that if "normal" people like us can get off our collective backsides and raise money (however much it is - and I met women who were running for what may appear to be relatively small amounts) why couldn't PA - with all his media connections and mass of good, good showbiz mates have managed?

I think Fizgig's point about his management taking over his Twitter account is interesting, as clearly they will have a vested interest in putting out things that they see as relevant to keeping people up-to-date, but as lexi said, PA is a 40 year old man, and if he is as committed to the charity as he would like us to believe, couldn't he have asked/told them to tweet about the charity event?
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As one of the CR volunteers I've received joint emails from CR UK and the Foundation thanking us for our patience at this early stage, telling us the planning meetings have been held and saying the fundraising plans for the year will be shared soon. It's difficult for Pete to promote events that haven't been launched yet though I agree it would help if he was more active on Twitter to build up interest. As regards HIPZ he did start appealing for sponsorship in mid January and continued up to the event but I agree he didn't have the kind of sophisticated plan Lexi outlined and needs to get more clued up on how to maximise donations.

He talks about the concert for Demelza's and the Foundation in this interview: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/react-magazine-kent-issue-4-july-2013/0908359001371767407 p18/19

It also says his current album has already gone silver and he'll be releasing the first single from it later in the year.

They ask where he'll be in the next 10 years and he says he may be taking a back seat entertainment wise and concentrating more on his other businesses but either way he'll be doing a lot of charity work and hopefully still be releasing records and touring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst on the one hand £20,000 is a huge amount of money for someone with as high a profile(:rolleyes:) and access to so much free publicity, the fact that PA failed even to raise this amount makes me a little confused.
    Even if he had asked his followers to contribute a tiny amount each, surely that would have been something.
    The silence around his fundraising, both from him and CAN appears quite deafening.

I'm not one to jump on the fame-**** bandwagon(:o) but just to illustrate my point about fundraising - we finished the RFL in Finsbury Park at the weekend, and between the 6 of us (and family,friends,colleagues,OH's colleagues etc) we have managed to raise just under £12k.
    None of us has a management team, a reality show, a newspaper column or 1 million Twitter followers.

Wow, well done in raising £12,000.

I think Pete needs to continue fundraising until he gets the target £20,000.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Thank you - we had such a brilliant time, although I think that most people are glad it's over and we've all stopped accosting them and asking for donations.
    I wasn't trying to big myself up, I was just trying to illustrate that if "normal" people like us can get off our collective backsides and raise money (however much it is - and I met women who were running for what may appear to be relatively small amounts) why couldn't PA - with all his media connections and mass of good, good showbiz mates have managed?

I think Fizgig's point about his management taking over his Twitter account is interesting, as clearly they will have a vested interest in putting out things that they see as relevant to keeping people up-to-date, but as lexi said, PA is a 40 year old man, and if he is as committed to the charity as he would like us to believe, couldn't he have asked/told them to tweet about the charity event?

I didn't think for a minute you were AS, I know you were only telling us as a comparison.
    Yes there does seem to be something fishy going on with CAN & Pete:confused:
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    As one of the CR volunteers I've received joint emails from CR UK and the Foundation thanking us for our patience at this early stage, telling us the planning meetings have been held and saying the fundraising plans for the year will be shared soon. It's difficult for Pete to promote events that haven't been launched yet though I agree it would help if he was more active on Twitter to build up interest. As regards HIPZ he did start appealing for sponsorship in mid January and continued up to the event but I agree he didn't have the kind of sophisticated plan Lexi outlined and needs to get more clued up on how to maximise donations.

He talks about the concert for Demelza's and the Foundation in this interview: http://www.joomag.com/magazine/react-magazine-kent-issue-4-july-2013/0908359001371767407 p18/19

It also says his current album has already gone silver and he'll be releasing the first single from it later in the year.

They ask where he'll be in the next 10 years and he says he may be taking a back seat entertainment wise and concentrating more on his other businesses but either way he'll be doing a lot of charity work and hopefully still be releasing records and touring.

Thanks for the informative reply Sensei & I appreciate some people on here (including myself) get very irritated with PA, you don't appear to fall into that category but still show respect to those who do, with your very civil & polite replies:)
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Wow, well done in raising £12,000.

I think Pete needs to continue fundraising until he gets the target £20,000.

Let's hope he does bunny!
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really must congratulate you and your friends. Imo that is an excellent amount to raise. My daughter and 2 of my grandaughters are doing the race next month, and have nowhere near that amount. Still, as they say.....every little helps :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    I really must congratulate you and your friends. Imo that is an excellent amount to raise. My daughter and 2 of my grandaughters are doing the race next month, and have nowhere near that amount. Still, as they say.....every little helps :)

:)
    It really, really does.
    Loads of luck to your daughter and granddaughters.xx
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not one to jump on the fame-**** bandwagon(:o) but just to illustrate my point about fundraising - we finished the RFL in Finsbury Park at the weekend, and between the 6 of us (and family,friends,colleagues,OH's colleagues etc) we have managed to raise just under £12k. None of us has a management team, a reality show, a newspaper column or 1 million Twitter followers.

Well done you (and your friends) on the RFL and that's a fab total. You are officially a Star! :cool:
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    As one of the CR volunteers I've received joint emails from CR UK and the Foundation thanking us for our patience at this early stage, telling us the planning meetings have been held and saying the fundraising plans for the year will be shared soon. It's difficult for Pete to promote events that haven't been launched yet though I agree it would help if he was more active on Twitter to build up interest.

Really, he just needs to sit down and plan a bit with someone who can identify where his skills and energies are best directed. And then work it, like CP tells him when he's posing for his calendars. :p

I do hope he gets it together though because I'm sure he has the potential to raise quite a bit if all the right components are in place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Well done you (and your friends) on the RFL and that's a fab total. You are officially a Star! :cool:

Really, he just needs to sit down and plan a bit with someone who can identify where his skills and energies are best directed. And then work it, like CP tells him when he's posing for his calendars. :p

I do hope he gets it together though because I'm sure he has the potential to raise quite a bit if all the right components are in place.

See this is the bit that really confuses me.
    He has the ability to raise absolutely SHEDLOADS of money with, I would imagine, relatively little effort.
    If he knew that he was participating in the cycling since January, he has had ample opportunity to publicise the charity ride - say one mention per week in the Column of Idiocy, a few tweets etc.
    Perhaps instead of posing with his children on magazine covers he could have used the articles to promote the charity.
    Do you think it's down to his "lack of organisational skills" - in which case he could have asked someone to help out or something else?
    And if it is something else - what the hell is it?:confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    I still have some spare handcuffs if you need any Jimmy ;)

I am well stocked up lozenger ... thanks though. ;)
    Well said Jimmy, Queen Glo will never be clearing up after anyone again

Exactly right. :cool:

Fantastic. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am well stocked up lozenger ... thanks though. ;)

Exactly right. :cool:

Fantastic. :):)

Thank you.xx

As far as Gloria is concerned, I'm still willing to swoop in and save her if there is any more mention of handcuffs.
    Hasn't the poor woman been through enough already?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the distinct impression CP/CAN could be losing interest in their golden boy?

And I do realise that I'm bleating on about what I feel is Pete's lacklustre approach in his fund raising for CR but until I see him stepping up to the mark & getting his finger out & really pulling something major out the bag then unfortunately nothing is going to make me change my mind, sadly these buses aren't going to fund themselves.

Though I do appreciate I could be completely wrong & there could be a lot of projects in the pipeline that I'm unaware of.
    Yep, seems to be all about Amy Childs now. I'm wondering if there's been a fall-out, what with all the rehashing of everyone's past because of the court case, and people on twitter trying to cause trouble between them (eg, Pete told me Claire had done this n that).
    I've seen Pete talk quite a bit about his different charity efforts, on twitter, in mags, on his show. I don't think he should be expected to be a professional fundraiser & that he shouldn't get help from his PR, or people who know what they're doing regards charity work.
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the informative reply Sensei & I appreciate some people on here (including myself) get very irritated with PA, you don't appear to fall into that category but still show respect to those who do, with your very civil & polite replies:)

Thanks BEL :) I think you're making very valid points and I understand you're not saying them just to slate Pete but out of frustration that he could have achieved much more for HIPZ if he'd properly got his act together. I've had some experience of how debilitated depression can be following a bereavement though so I have to give him credit for fulfilling his commitment in difficult circumstances.

He didn't just sit back and do nothing because he tweeted and included updates on HIPZ regularly in his column but he was perhaps complacent to think that was enough and it's a shame he didn't take some pointers from Carl's example.

I think if he wants to make charity work a big part of his life then he should get professional advice on techniques for engaging with sponsors, creating incentives and sustaining interest as Lexi's suggested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Yep, seems to be all about Amy Childs now. I'm wondering if there's been a fall-out, what with all the rehashing of everyone's past because of the court case, and people on twitter trying to cause trouble between them (eg, Pete told me Claire had done this n that).
    I've seen Pete talk quite a bit about his different charity efforts, on twitter, in mags, on his show. I don't think he should be expected to be a professional fundraiser & that he shouldn't get help from his PR, or people who know what they're doing regards charity work.

No absolutely he shouldn't. It's just that I was honestly surprised at the relatively small amount he'd raised given the PR resources he has available to him.

Interesting point re the court case. Perhaps it's signalling some kind of professional distancing on both sides in light of what may come out.

It would be really odd if CAN were intending to put all their eggs in the Amy Childs/bloke from JLS basket - neither of them seem to be exactly setting the world on fire and even compared to PA they are positive lightweights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See this is the bit that really confuses me.
    He has the ability to raise absolutely SHEDLOADS of money with, I would imagine, relatively little effort.
    If he knew that he was participating in the cycling since January, he has had ample opportunity to publicise the charity ride - say one mention per week in the Column of Idiocy, a few tweets etc.
    Perhaps instead of posing with his children on magazine covers he could have used the articles to promote the charity.
    Do you think it's down to his "lack of organisational skills" - in which case he could have asked someone to help out or something else?
    And if it is something else - what the hell is it?:confused:

Yes. And possibly Pete overestimating the power of the Pezza, thinking that his followers would automatically rise to the challenge while he got on with the bike ride.

Anyway, I'm bored with this now. Where's this court case? What's going on? Why is it all taking so long? Why? WHY??

Are they all still locked in an angry orange battle? Had to laugh at a link Sensei put on the KP thread in which Alex taking Pete's side was mentioned, with KP cosying up with Chantellitall on the Dolly-custody side. So much orange zelebrity tit-for-tatting all in the one place!

Heaven-made opportunity for a fly-on-the-wall documentary, surely?! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yes. And possibly Pete overestimating the power of the Pezza, thinking that his followers would automatically rise to the challenge while he got on with the bike ride.

Anyway, I'm bored with this now. Where's this court case? What's going on? Why is it all taking so long? Why? WHY??

Are they all still locked in an angry orange battle? Had to laugh at a link Sensei put on the KP thread in which Alex taking Pete's side was mentioned, with KP cosying up with Chantellitall on the Dolly-custody side. So much orange zelebrity tit-for-tatting all in the one place!

Heaven-made opportunity for a fly-on-the-wall documentary, surely?! :D

I'm actually starting to lose interest in that as well - unless there is an epic revealage in the very near future.

The Alex/PA/Chantelle/KP alliance could be good for a laugh though.
    The combined forces of Roxanne and the DOTY against the evil MOTY and poor bwave Chantelle would be a fantastic idea for a mini-series.
    If he is going to make an appearance in court, is it too much to hope that Alex turns up in full Roxanne regalia and climbs on top of the building (a la Fathers for Justice) before unfurling a huge banner emblazoned with a picture of himself and the DOTY on it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No absolutely he shouldn't. It's just that I was honestly surprised at the relatively small amount he'd raised given the PR resources he has available to him.

Interesting point re the court case. Perhaps it's signalling some kind of professional distancing on both sides in light of what may come out.

It would be really odd if CAN were intending to put all their eggs in the Amy Childs/bloke from JLS basket - neither of them seem to be exactly setting the world on fire and even compared to PA they are positive lightweights.

Yes I'm surprised he hasn't raised more too, just had a look at his twitter and there are plenty of mentions about the bike ride and the just giving page.
    I'd guess that the CP/PA thing is over things already said last year by certain ex's (not KP).
    I don't see where they are going with Amy, who needs more IT girls?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Yes I'm surprised he hasn't raised more too, just had a look at his twitter and there are plenty of mentions about the bike ride and the just giving page.
    I'd guess that the CP/PA thing is over things already said last year by certain ex's (not KP).
    I don't see where they are going with Amy, who needs more IT girls?

I know I need to pay more attention - but who do you mean?

As for Amy Childs, unless IT now stands for Irrelevant Twerp, she is no more an IT girl than I am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually starting to lose interest in that as well - unless there is an epic revealage in the very near future.

The Alex/PA/Chantelle/KP alliance could be good for a laugh though.
    The combined forces of Roxanne and the DOTY against the evil MOTY and poor bwave Chantelle would be a fantastic idea for a mini-series.
    If he is going to make an appearance in court, is it too much to hope that Alex turns up in full Roxanne regalia and climbs on top of the building (a la Fathers for Justice) before unfurling a huge banner emblazoned with a picture of himself and the DOTY on it?

Me too. They promise so much and deliver so little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I need to pay more attention - but who do you mean?

As for Amy Childs, unless IT now stands for Irrelevant Twerp, she is no more an IT girl than I am.

The one who sold stories about having sex with him. She stirred it on twitter saying PA told her CP had an affair.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not one to jump on the fame-**** bandwagon(:o) but just to illustrate my point about fundraising - we finished the RFL in Finsbury Park at the weekend, and between the 6 of us (and family,friends,colleagues,OH's colleagues etc) we have managed to raise just under £12k.None of us has a management team, a reality show, a newspaper column or 1 million Twitter followers.

that's a great amount to raise if there were a gold star smilie then I'd post one:)

I too presumed that PA would have raised far more....a mag column, camera crew, tv programme and friend/associate to every well known person in the media to tap up for a donation. Fizgig mentioned not having a lot of backing from his management. I don't follow them or him on twitter but it seems more could have been done. Lets hope they learn from this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on not reaching his target of £20,000, is that he believes his own hype and that he could achieve such a target by just being himself, which clearly isnt going to happen.

Its an embarrassment for him, even though "every little helps" and I would not be pleased with my management.

HPZ is featuring in his reality show and no doubt we will be watching his ride later in the year. Its not just free publicity for the charity, he is being seen as a charitable individual in the show, which additional promotes himself. . Therefore, I think HPZ needs to be paid the additional £8,000 as a production fee to make up the target.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    My thoughts on not reaching his target of £20,000, is that he believes his own hype and that he could achieve such a target by just being himself, which clearly isnt going to happen.

Its an embarrassment for him, even though "every little helps" and I would not be pleased with my management.

HPZ is featuring in his reality show and no doubt we will be watching his ride later in the year. Its not just free publicity for the charity, he is being seen as a charitable individual in the show, which additional promotes himself. . Therefore, I think HPZ needs to be paid the additional £8,000 as a production fee to make up the target.

I dont think it's an embarrassment for him at all. He did what he set out to do, ie. the bike ride. He cannot make people give, can he?

Now if he had not done the ride and given some flimsy excuse (like certain people before now). that imo would have been an embarrassment. ;)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame he didn't reach his target...but there is no way I would slate him for reaching £12k..
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Betty you had to spoil it.

I've been hoping all morning this would drop off the front page along with the KP thread and you've bumped it now :(
This discussion has been closed.