truTV - a new channel for Freesat?

TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
Forum Member
Here's the report:
Already an established hit in the U.S., the 24-hour truTV channel is headed to the U.K., where it will launch August 4. The network, part of the Turner Broadcasting portfolio, will be available on digital free-to-air TV via Freeview, Freesat and YouView, with further outlets to follow. In the U.S., truTV airs to 93 million subscribers; the U.K. launch adds a further 26 million homes to that footprint...

...The network launches with a slew of content from the U.S.'s truTV channel, including series such as Hardcore Pawn: Chicago, Container Wars, World’s Dumbest…, South Beach Tow, Bait Car and Speeders. “We have already acquired further shows, and we are very much on the lookout for local acquisitions,” says Yates.

truTV Crosses the Pond

Although it'll be a reality TV channel like most of Pick's content is, l still welcome it because it shows that a major US broadcasting corporation has confidence in Freesat and it's also a net addition to Freesat, i.e. it's going in the right direction.

Comments

• Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this thread they already have a placeholder on Freeview (Bilsdale transmitter) EPG 68.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1962949&page=2
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard about this yesterday, mainly because I saw an article about former wrestler Steve Austin's show "Redneck Island" coming to the channel.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this thread they already have a placeholder on Freeview (Bilsdale transmitter) EPG 68.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1962949&page=2
    Yes the placeholder has been on Freeview for two weeks now.
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Hearing TruTV will air Conan at 11pm nightly.
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im looking forward to this channel it will be one best on freesat
  • Hooded ClawHooded Claw Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston_1 wrote: »
    Really. Better than all the BBC channels? I somehow doubt that.

You beat me to it.

The relentless march of US Content dilutes quality and entertainment value and corrupts the richness of our language :(
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You beat me to it.

The relentless march of US Content dilutes quality and entertainment value and corrupts the richness of our language :(

Like me you're not a fan of season finales I take it!? :)
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You beat me to it.

Corrupts the richness of our language? Bit pathetic.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Freesat tweeted me earlier confirming that TruTV will launch on channel 154.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizard Lick Towing, its funny that, its on Dave :D
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although not to everyone's taste, I think truTV will do well on Freesat. It reminds me a bit of Freeview's 'Dave' channel but without all the Top Gear repeats.

It will definitely fill a gap in the market, as there's not really anything on Freesat quite like it.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    You beat me to it.

Awesome Dude!

err I mean well said old chap! :D
  • Hooded ClawHooded Claw Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good one :D

Mind you, the BBC haven't helped the cause of late by referring repeatedly to "Glarsgo" ;-)
    Forum Member
    Less than an hour to launch, and 154 truTV hasn't arrived on my Freesat box yet...
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no sign of it. I was going to set a series link for Conan but guess we art getting the channel today.
    Forum Member
    154 appeared on my box just as TruTV was launching at 1pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's there now ... just in time.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got the frequency details?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Anyone got the frequency details?

12552 V 22.000 5/6.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12552 V 22.000 5/6.
    Thanks, looking at the EPG, not sure I'll watch much ^_^.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Just watching back Conan from last night, every now and the the sound gets louder for a couple of seconds.
    Was anyone else getting the same?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Just watching back Conan from last night, every now and the the sound gets louder for a couple of seconds.

No. Recorded it and watched it today and it was all fine. No noticeable sound fluctuations at all.
  • tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »

Yes, the volume was all over the place watching on Freesat and I saw others complain about the problems on Freeview.

TruTV have acknowledged the issue on Twitter so hopefully they sort it out soon.