Sly Chris?

2»

Comments

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    He might do .... we just don't see em because of all the Steverley carp.

If you start to use the edit argument - which is fair - then you have to say every Housemate is not all they seem in the highlights show. Not just give Chris credit but no one else.
  • yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    Was anybody else surprised at Chris and his 'Double D / two tits' dig at Ash, Winston and Marlon in the Diary Room?

- don't get me wrong - I laughed at it, but it was very out of character.

You have the wrong word for a start;
    SLY adjective having or showing a cunning and deceitful nature.

synonyms: cunning, crafty, clever, wily, artful, guileful, tricky, conniving, scheming, devious, designing, deceitful, duplicitous, dishonest, disingenuous, underhand, sneaky, untrustworthy

Chris is none of these.

As for the comment, I love his wit and dry humour. Wipes the floor with the rest of the dullards in there (particularly after Mathew left.)
    Forum Member
    Not out of character at all. Chris has done the vast majority of his bitching from the safety of the Diary Room. This was no different.

Bitching? You're clutching at straws there mate.
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Its a matter of oinion.....and imo he is sly.

Then you need to look at the dictionary definition of sly, because he is not that.
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    If you start to use the edit argument - which is fair - then you have to say every Housemate is not all they seem in the highlights show. Not just give Chris credit but no one else.

Absolutely ... it has been proven this week when Jale came out.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

synonyms: cunning, crafty, clever, wily, artful, guileful, tricky, conniving, scheming, devious, designing, deceitful, duplicitous, dishonest, disingenuous, underhand, sneaky, untrustworthy

Chris is none of these.

As for the comment, I love his wit and dry humour. Wipes the floor with the rest of the dullards in there (particularly after Mathew left.)

Well looking at that list imo Chris fits most if not all of those descriptions, so I will stick with my opinion.
    Forum Member
    Well looking at that list imo Chris fits most if not all of those descriptions, so I will stick with my opinion.

Then there is something wrong with your perception ... sorry.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then there is something wrong with your perception ... sorry.

And I might say exactly the same about you;-) I guess we will just have to disagree.:)
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I think that's just his humour - I like Chris.
    Forum Member
    And I might say exactly the same about you;-) I guess we will just have to disagree.:)

No ... I go by the dictionary definition, not what i think a word means.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chris is none of these.

I'd say Chris is some of those synonyms but not all. I think he's quite underhand in that he seemingly says more in the Diary Room than in the House which means people cannot read him. That's quite cunning and sneaky as it allows him to fly under the radar. I'm not sure if the Housemates can trust him fully. He is clever and good with wordplay. I think he had a scheme going into the House and is playing for it for all it's worth so he's quite conniving in a way.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Most I've laughed at BB in weeks. I wish we could see this side of Chris in the house. He can be very funny - unlike Mark.

I agree and if he was like this in the House I'd have a lot more respect for him.
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    Not sly at all - he just hates confrontation and arguments - which is all he has seen in the house so far

So he knows the jokes are bitchy and would cause problems for him if he said them elsewhere? I think this is exactly where the idea he is sly comes from IE he is one person in the diary room where he can get away with it and another in the House where he can't. He lacks the courage to be himself in the House and sadly for him he ends up looking shifty because he's not being natural.
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    He has NOT bitched about anyone - only told the TRUTH

Bitching has been discussed ad nauseum on here and I understand it is when you say something nasty or have a go at someone. It being the truth or done in a humorous manner doesn't detract from this. Anyway he openly bitched about Jale though I think he tried to make that funny it was still bitching.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chris is none of these.

Actually I could see him being nearly all of those.

- The little speech he made during the girl power week?...

- The fact he knows those close to Helen seem to get evicted , yet he pushes Ashleigh to make up with Helen?...

- He bitched about Jale in the treehouse, yet was nice to her face?...

He isn't the nice guy many believe him to be.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't sly
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Chris is very interspigatory, the draymanic swertch of his giggledrone is very abulant on my tishalmatt