Options

What's Chris's problem with Pav? [Vid]

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    The fact that Pav has started wearing sunglasses inside the house since Chris has brought his staring out to the open tells me Chris is right. Just because BB is making sure we don't see it and has decided to threw Chris to the dogs doesn't mean it isn't happening. BB can recruit 1000s of chriss' every year for this show but not many Pavs, how Pav is presented could mean a more diverse BB next year.;-)
    Poor Callum BB13 was never given the benefit of the doubt and BB made sure we saw it all.

Your posts are getting more and more bizarre in your attempt to give Chris some credibility.

They ALL wear sunglasses. The more significant offenders are Mark and Ashleigh. What is their motivation for doing so?

No one else in there, or out here and EVEN Ashleigh has noticed this staring so why does Pav need to hide it?

So BB are protecting Pav in order to recruit similar HMs in the future but Pav shhould be exposed because Callum was :confused::o

I think it's worthwhile keeping in mind that Chris has a problem with Pav and it's not reciprocated and appears from all the information and evidence we have a highly unestablished problem.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris supporters stop using that one ridiculous post to represent us all. This thread is doing a brilliant job at critiquing with real evidence and intelligence.

My issue with Chris last week was his treatment of Pav, I believed him being saved yesterday would have helped these issues fade... seemingly not.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you actually listened to what he says?

Here's the transcript:

Chris: "Don't think the audience, don't think they were booing him, I think they were booing him because they think he's boring.
    I don't know if they're booing him because, because if they're booing him because they think he's bad, then why would they be booing me for telling him I don't trust you?"

Winston: "Yeah"

Chris: "But I'm willing to be your mate. Now that's not a bad thing to do. If they think he's bad. I don't think they think he's bad, I think they just find him boring."

Winston: "Yeah" (nodding)

Chris: "Well, he's been on the back foot, we've put him on the back foot..... I don't know.....I'm just.... I want to think the best of him, and I will just try and do everything with that in mind"

Chris: "I don't wanna be wrong about him, and be mean, and talk about him, and then find out that he's just a decent honest guy... which I think he is, I don't really question that he is, as a person, but.... like I said before, I'd sooner be wrong, thinking the best of someone, than.... thinking something awful about them, and then finding out that I'm wrong about that, because that's gonna suck."

Winston: "I'd rather, like, think the worst than be shown the otherwise. You know what I mean?"

Chris: "If that person came forward and, 'cos I think, I have said this before, I think, Pav, it might just be a character thing, 'cos, it's a very tricky thing, when you're intelligent, in the way that he's intelligent, he knows that if he stepped forward and went 'I'm not this, I'm not that', he knows that if people then go 'Well, you would say that', he's smart enough to know that kind of defending yourself sometimes makes you look guilty, and I think that's why he hasn't really defended himself very much. But of course, if he doesn't defend himself.... he looks guilty. And he says as much to me, he goes 'I kind of feel like whatever action I take I'm gonna look suspicious', which I think is why he's gone into himself (???). Umm, this was exactly the scenario that I wanted to avoid, having to get emotionally involved, and try and figure someone out. I kind of felt like we'd just got to that stage where we'd done that. But, here, it's a test, isn't it? And erm, I don't think there's any question that everyone here likes him. We all like him. Actually(?) just as a guy, don't think anyone's got a question about that, I'd go for a drink with him. It's always to do with like uh what's your agenda, what's your agenda? Well, you know, let's talk to him about it, I think he'd give an honest answer. If he doesn't, well, he's just gonna look dishonest".

Doesn't seem so bad to me....?
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but we did learn that some fans are prepared to lie, to defame Pav, to blame edits, to blame Steven's mum, dismiss solid evidence, pretty much anything to avoid accepting that Chris has behaved in a nasty way towards Pav over the last week.

Chris likened Winston to an abandoned car, if I remember rightly, which makes Chris's comment even more laughable as an analogy. Abandoned cars are left to rot with no-one to maintain them. For all Winston's supposed lack of intelligence (what it appears Chris was getting at), just take a look at Chris and Winston and tell me who, of the two, looks like they don't maintain themselves. Winston clearly takes care of his appearance and physicality. Chris...less so.

The over-riding irony of the series being that Winston is so much smarter, sharper and intelligent than Chris that he is smoothly coasting to the final/win, whereas Chris is in reverse gear heading downhill at break-neck speed.
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »

Here's the transcript:

Chris: "Don't think the audience, don't think they were booing him, I think they were booing him because they think he's boring.
    I don't know if they're booing him because, because if they're booing him because they think he's bad, then why would they be booing me for telling him I don't trust you?"

Chris: "But I'm willing to be your mate. Now that's not a bad thing to do. If they think he's bad. I don't think they think he's bad, I think they just find him boring."

Chris: "Well, he's been on the back foot, we've put him on the back foot..... I don't know.....I'm just.... I want to think the best of him, and I will just try and do everything with that in mind"

Chris: "I don't wanna be wrong about him, and be mean, and talk about him, and then find out that he's just a decent honest guy... which I think he is, I don't really question that he is, as a person, but.... like I said before, I'd sooner be wrong, thinking the best of someone, than.... thinking something awful about them, and then finding out that I'm wrong about that, because that's gonna suck."

Winston: "I'd rather, like, think the worst than be shown the otherwise. You know what I mean?"

Chris: "If that person came forward and, 'cos I think, I have said this before, I think, Pav, it might just be a character thing, 'cos, it's a very tricky thing, when you're intelligent, in the way that he's intelligent, he knows that if he stepped forward and went 'I'm not this, I'm not that', he knows that if people then go 'Well, you would say that', he's smart enough to know that kind of defending yourself sometimes makes you look guilty, and I think that's why he hasn't really defended himself very much. But of course, if he doesn't defend himself.... he looks guilty. And he says as much to me, he goes 'I kind of feel like whatever action I take I'm gonna look suspicious', which I think is why he's gone into himself (???). Umm, this was exactly the scenario that I wanted to avoid, having to get emotionally involved, and try and figure someone out. I kind of felt like we'd just got to that stage where we'd done that. But, here, it's a test, isn't it? And erm, I don't think there's any question that everyone here likes him. We all like him. Actually(?) just as a guy, don't think anyone's got a question about that, I'd go for a drink with him. It's always to do with like uh what's your agenda, what's your agenda? Well, you know, let's talk to him about it, I think he'd give an honest answer. If he doesn't, well, he's just gonna look dishonest".

You've just quoted all of his bullshit. The caveats he puts in to make himself appear nice and fair. But the bottom line is, why is he bringing it up? No one keeps instigating conversations about how much they like Christopher punctuating it with buts and possiblys all the time. He knows that just talking about it puts paranoia and suspicion into the housemates heads. It's purposeful and measured to maintain isolation and distrust but with enough get out clauses to immunize himself from direct responsibility. The actions of an a**ehole and no less vindictive and cruel as Helen at her hateful best. Or worst.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desy Boy wrote: »
    Seriously he needs to leave the guy alone. It's clear nobody else is interested in the subject, only Chris trying to stir up ambiguities and distrust but at the same time act as if he is doing it for the best intentions. Full of s**t this guy. Like all bullies he attempts to isolate and is relentless. His middle-class affectations and congenial pretensions fail to cover up his disingenuous and at this point cruel poking of Pav. Forget his carefully tailored shtick, the bottom line is that he's again sowing seeds of doubt into powerful housemates heads about the new quiet guy who has done nothing to him. The 'mental anguish' angle is bull and just a delivery system for his sustained hyperanalysis of Pav. Just as Pav is starting to be accepted by the group.

The man's a bastard simple and plain.

Great post and I agree with the BIB.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Remember Marlon? Chris was the only one if I recall who went and put his arm round him to comfort him after the others all rounded on him when he saved himself from eviction.

And then nommed him.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've just quoted all of his bullshit. The caveats he puts in to make himself appear nice and fair. But the bottom line is, why is he bringing it up? No one keeps instigating conversations about how much they like Christopher punctuating it with buts and possiblys all the time. He knows that just talking about it puts paranoia and suspicion into the housemates heads. It's purposeful and measured to maintain isolation and distrust but with enough get out clauses to immunize himself from direct responsibility. The actions of an a**ehole and no less vindictive and cruel as Helen at her hateful best. Or worst.

The epitome of a passive aggressive attack on an innocent third party.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Cocained wrote: »
    Chris has never seemed to get on with other races.

I have gone off Chris because of his behaviour over Pav but to insinuate that he has been racist in the house is unfair and extremely harsh.:( It's clear to me that his dislike of Pav is down to Chris's closeness to Ashleigh which he feels is threatened by Pav and therefore not based on race.
  • Options
    Ron_AndrewsRon_Andrews Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    He's hedging his bets for the sake of the audience. I think I can now understand the 'creepy' Chris moniker seeing him wriggle and squirm yet again.

So you've been using this 'moniker' all along and you only now understand it? :D
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that annoys me is the sheer patronising arrogance of Chris. What gives him the authority to 'question' Pav about anything? Based on what? What makes him think that he's in a position to giveth or taketh away the prize of drinks with him to Pav? Why does he think that that's some kind of anointment to Pav? This guy was the bottom feeder of the house. The house pee-on. Now he's collating judgement on Pav??!!? Who the f**k does he think he is?? Just goes to show my theory: most of the time most people mostly disappoint.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member

100% agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to really like Chris and think he was one of the nice and intelligent ones, but he's clearly not. The public power task showed him that he's perceived as picking on Pav and being "creepy" regarding Ashli, yet since learning all that he's double-downed on both, going after Pav again and gushing embarrassingly about Ashli again.

He didn't learn a thing and will not rest until he gets himself evicted.

Did you watch it, cos if you did you saw Pav deny it and the whole house including Ashleigh deny "being "creepy" regarding Ashli," previously he had jokingly been called creepy which was started by Big Brother not to do with Ashleigh, how come you forgot all that? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not for people like Chris.

When you consider his performances in the DR. His dismissal of HM has been going on since the first week, it's his first response.

Any support he had has been from people agreeing with his initial diagnosis.
    If anything, when over the weeks evidence has been presented that showed him to be wrong about HM and he has admitted it, he has lost support.

Think about the "vacant car" comment, directed at Winston.
    Oh so witty and erudite.
    Now, it just makes him look like a **** because TBH, nobody is a "vacant car".

BIB Agreed

'Abandoned car' worked so much better.
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I have gone off Chris because of his behaviour over Pav but to insinuate that he has been racist in the house is unfair and extremely harsh.:( It's clear to me that his dislike of Pav is down to Chris's closeness to Ashleigh which he feels is threatened by Pav and therefore not based on race.

I don't think many people think Chris is a racist. Most have been disappointed in him for the simple and self-evident reasons you suggest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it's about Pav's race and/or religion? Playing the race card are we?

Paranoid twaddle.

Yay, the first one today. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eva_prior wrote: »
    I concur it is getting very boring watching Chris continuing to play the same anti-Pav record over and over again. He needs to find a new tune; but hey that's BBC Chris for you.

I'm afraid the old edit excuse has no validity whatsoever. The contrary would also be applicable, ie. previously Chris was edited in a favourable light, hence his fan-base was secured through that. There would have to be an extrapolation into the positive quadrant if you want to use it in the negative quadrant to excuse Chris's BBC behaviour.

Can we have a count;
    How many times have you played the anti-Chris record?
    How many times has Chris played the anti-Pav record?

We dont really need to count do we. :D:D
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree.

Firstly, we don't know how the conversation started. Maybe Winston asked him and he just replied? We don't know.

Secondly, he's not saying anything bad about Pav there.
    There is no hate.

Chris is a thinker. He's just trying to make sense of it all.

Thirdly, Pav is a new housemate.... who 1) had a dodgy VT, 2) got booed heavily by the crowd and 3) the ex housemates said was not to be trusted, a snake in the grass and infatuated with Ashleigh.

It stands to reason why ALL the housemates were suspicious of him (not just Chris).

People seem to be conveniently forgetting how Steven said Pav was staring at him (and the others), that Winston was proper nasty to Pav in the home truths/heartbeat task, how Mark shouted at Pav, etc. Only Chris is getting all the blame. Why is that?

Finally, Christopher was treated very badly at the beginning (as were Chris & Jale).
    Christopher and Chris had to work very hard to be finally accepted by the cool gang. In a way, Pav's lucky Pauline, Toya & Steven aren't still there, lol.

People just seem to have an agenda here to see the worst in everyone and everything.
    Unlike Chris, who is trying to see the best :--)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a count;
    How many times have you played the anti-Chris record?
    How many times has Chris played the anti-Pav record?

We dont really need to count do we. :D:D

Go ahead - knock yourself out....if that's your kinda thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chris supporters stop using that one ridiculous post to represent us all. This thread is doing a brilliant job at critiquing with real evidence and intelligence.

My issue with Chris last week was his treatment of Pav, I believed him being saved yesterday would have helped these issues fade... seemingly not.

Isn't it just repetition of last weeks posts, who are you trying to convince, yourself?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing that annoys me is the sheer patronising arrogance of Chris. What gives him the authority to 'question' Pav about anything? Based on what? What makes him think that he's in a position to giveth or taketh away the prize of drinks with him to Pav? Why does he think that that's some kind of anointment to Pav? This guy was the bottom feeder of the house. The house pee-on. Now he's collating judgement on Pav??!!? Who the f**k does he think he is?? Just goes to show my theory: most of the time most people mostly disappoint.

So very true. I did like Chris initially and even felt sorry for him when the bullied Jale turned on him (seems to be a pattern forming here;-))

I can't defend him any more after the way he crawled up Helen's arse recently and over the way he reacted to Steven's eviction. The guy just doesn't have the courage of his convictions and is picking on Pav simply because he's moved one notch up the house hierarchy by being there since the beginning.

Looks like BB is still a social experiment after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Here's the transcript:

Agreed, but they have to find something, its all a bit desperate, they were expecting Chris to go last night...

Let them get that bile out of their systems.
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    I disagree.

Firstly, we don't know how the conversation started. Maybe Winston asked him and he just replied? We don't know.

Secondly, he's not saying anything bad about Pav there.
    There is no hate.

Chris is a thinker. He's just trying to make sense of it all.

Thirdly, Pav is a new housemate.... who 1) had a dodgy VT, 2) got booed heavily by the crowd and 3) the ex housemates said was not to be trusted, a snake in the grass and infatuated with Ashleigh.

It stands to reason why ALL the housemates were suspicious of him (not just Chris).
    People seem to be conveniently forgetting how Steven said Pav was staring at him, that Winston was proper nasty to Pav in the home truths/heartbeat task, how Mark shouted at Pav, etc. Only Chris is getting all the blame. Why is that?

Finally, Christopher was treated very badly at the beginning (as were Chris & Jale).
    Christopher and Chris had to work very hard to be finally accepted by the cool gang. In a way, Pav's lucky Pauline, Toya & Steven aren't still there, lol.

People just seem to have an agenda here to see the worst in everyone and everything.
    Unlike Chris, who is trying to see the best :--)

It's true that they were all paranoid about the newbies but Chris is the only one keeping that paranoia alive now and seems to have a personal problem with Pav.

Yet he can't or won't say what it is. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

BB asked him point blank: "What makes you think Pav is trying to be a thorn in your side?"

Chris had the chance to clearly state his case yet answered with an evasive and rather childish, "He just is!"

So Chris obviously has no evidence, no logic, no reason for his personal problem with Pav. That much is clear. That's not trying to see "the best" in someone, imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eva_prior wrote: »
    The over-riding irony of the series being that Winston is so much smarter, sharper and intelligent than Chris that he is smoothly coasting to the final/win, whereas Chris is in reverse gear heading downhill at break-neck speed.

Is there a new poll up or did you make that up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a new poll up or did you make that up?

Let's touch base on the final night and conclude this exchange then.