Sky Sports Mix - any update?

Comments

• Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Probably the easiest way of explaining it is that it's a bit like Soccer Saturday between 3-5pm on a Saturday, but you can actually watch the matches rather than someone watching the matches ;)

If the biggest bugbear of people regarding the sport is "there are too many adverts and breaks", try giving it another go on Sunday. Maybe between 8.30 and 9.30pm if you can only spare an hour.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So Sky Sports Mix is the minimum selection of live sports from Sky Sports

It's good though to see them give La Liga games a lot of slots as viewers don't tend to watch the lesser games and the EFL cup which should be available to a bigger audience!

Also it's nice to see the Ryder Cup though as that should have some free to air coverage

It seems strange today that the Chinese Super League game that is on Sky Sports red button isn't on Sky Sports Mix as that would make perfect sense.I wonder why Sky didn't go down that route?
    Forum Member
    Have they stated the Ruder Cup is going to be on SSM? Apologies if I missed the post where this was stated.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    mit11 previously posted that SSM would be showing the opening ceremony as well as build up!

However I'm not sure how much more of the Ryder Cup it will show!
  • Rich1977Rich1977 Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay – here is the next week:

Sat 24 Sep:
    11am – Live Ladies golf – Spanish Open
    6.35pm – Live Eredivisie – Ajax v Zwolle

Sun 25 Sep:
    11am – Live Ladies golf – Spanish Open
    5.30pm – Live NFL Redzone

Thur 29 Sep:
    6pm – Live Ryder Cup – Captains Match
    8pm – Live Ryder Cup – Preview
    9pm – Live Ryder Cup – Opening Ceremony

Fri 30 Sep:
    7.40pm – Live La Liga – Real Sociedad v Real Betis

So less live sport in the above week – with nothing live on Mon, Tue or Wed.

The reason is that the channel is largely a promotion for the Ryder Cup – Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur have lots of highlights of previous Ryder Cups shown by Sky since 1995 (How the 1995 Ryder Cup Was Won etc) plus other related programming – Ryder Cup Report and Ryder Cup Countdown.

Thanks again
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    mit11 previously posted that SSM would be showing the opening ceremony as well as build up!

However I'm not sure how much more of the Ryder Cup it will show!

Ah I see. Well I can't imagine they are going to be showing any more than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

It seems strange today that the Chinese Super League game that is on Sky Sports red button isn't on Sky Sports Mix as that would make perfect sense.I wonder why Sky didn't go down that route?

A non starter I'd imagine as they are showing Ladies European Masters Golf which also happens to a SSM exclusive as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Sky Sports Mix are no longer listing the Leicester v Chelsea EFL Cup match next Tuesday. I first noticed it no longer showing on my TiVo guide at the weekend but it was still listed as on Mix on the Sky website, until today that is.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/efl-cup
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/boxing-on-sky

Juergen Braehmer v Nathan Cleverly world title fight in October being shown on Mix
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the easiest way of explaining it is that it's a bit like Soccer Saturday between 3-5pm on a Saturday, but you can actually watch the matches rather than someone watching the matches ;)

If the biggest bugbear of people regarding the sport is "there are too many adverts and breaks", try giving it another go on Sunday. Maybe between 8.30 and 9.30pm if you can only spare an hour.

I believe NFL RedZone airs commercial free in the US – out of interest, how to Sky Sports Mix insert their advert breaks?
  • aberboyaberboy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I believe NFL RedZone airs commercial free in the US – out of interest, how to Sky Sports Mix insert their advert breaks?

They don't. It's advert free in the UK too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat 1 Oct - 5.30pm - Live La Liga - Osasuna v Las Palmas
    Sun 2 Oct - midnight - Live MLS - New York Red Bulls v Philadelphia Union
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    add the deciding game in the county championship too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed an advert for October on Sky Sports Mix which said they will be showing Premier League.

I wonder which game? Nothing on 1st or 2nd October for sure. I'll wager it's Chelsea v Leicester on 15th Oct as it's the only day that week they are not showing Shanghai Masters tennis on Mix. It may also explain why Tomorrows League Cup clash was removed from the schedule.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Rich1977 wrote: »
    Thanks again.

Some great content.

Leicester v Chelsea ......... so who was saying earlier that there was no premium content and levels of live sport would decrease? :cool:

If only they had shown it.>:(

Anyone any idea why it was dropped?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    If only they had shown it.>:(

Anyone any idea why it was dropped?

I'm guessing 2 reasons, one they are now showing the cricket and had play been extended yesterday it could have over lapped

the other reason is I have a hunch they are going to show the Chelsea V Leicester PL match on 15th October instead.

So far there seem to have been a late few changes to scheduling, the La Liga game which was due to be shown on 1st Oct has now been replaced with something else.
  • TheSubaru2012TheSubaru2012 Posts: 3,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can add Japanese GP Qualifying to the list... As well as Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports 1.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's Ajax game is entertaining.

Okay F1 aside, seems to be a channel of secondary love sports rights. But working shifts, sometimes wonder why I would pay £30 a month, or whatever it is, and miss so mich output.

I also enjoy Sky One, so will indulge on SSM when I am free. But don't want to live life
    around Sky Sports. I like to visit family (I am single), go to movjes, theatre, my local rugby club (Bedford), occasional Northampton or MK Dons. Sport on TV is okay. But being at a match is better.
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one plus point of this channel is that paying subs can view red zone in hd.
  • kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    The one plus point of this channel is that paying subs can view red zone in hd.

Not after this week you can't:(
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st day of Bangladesh v England Test cricket is on Mix.

Sat 15 Oct:
    11.30am - Live British Masters Golf
    6.35pm - Live Eredivisie - PSV v Heracles

Sun 16 Oct:
    9.30am - Live ATP Tennis - Shanghai 1000 Final
    11.30am - Live British Masters Golf

Thurs 20 Oct:
    3.30am - Live Bangladesh v England Test Cricket - Day 1
    (8pm - Highlights; 9pm - Verdict)

Fri 21 Oct:
    3.45pm - Live F1 - US GP (Practice 1)
    7.40pm - Live La Liga - Osasuna v Real Betis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are showing AFC Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur on Sky Sports Mix on Sat 22nd Oct, 12.30 kick off

First time they have showed a PL match on mix
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Zone continues on Sky Sports Mix after initially being just for the first 4 weeks. :)

Now listed for weeks 5 & 6, 9th Oct and 16th Oct according to the Virgin Media TV guide.

mlt11 can you see it listed for 23rd?
  • wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if SSM actually showed the Germany-Czech Republic match? I was intending to watch the fixture but on Saturday evening at about 19.00 I checked the EPG and noted that Sky Sports Classics had replaced the entire schedule. The game also wasn't listed on the interactive options on SS2.

This made me suspect the game had been cancelled and what with world events and especially the climate in Germany currently that potentially made sense. Checking news coverage at the time I couldn't see anything and I checked this morning to find out the match had been played after all.

All very odd - does anyone know why Sky pulled the coverage of the match entirely? :confused:
  • RobSmithSRobSmithS Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wal28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if SSM actually showed the Germany-Czech Republic match? I was intending to watch the fixture but on Saturday evening at about 19.00 I checked the EPG and noted that Sky Sports Classics had replaced the entire schedule. The game also wasn't listed on the interactive options on SS2.

This made me suspect the game had been cancelled and what with world events and especially the climate in Germany currently that potentially made sense. Checking news coverage at the time I couldn't see anything and I checked this morning to find out the match had been played after all.

All very odd - does anyone know why Sky pulled the coverage of the match entirely? :confused:

The game was on SSM live (as well as the red button Match Choice multiscreen interactive along with goal alerts) as scheduled. It was just an EPG glitch.