Fantasi Melodifestivalen 3 - Välkommen!

youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hej, Välkommen till den tredje fantasi melodifestivalen! :D

After Sanna Nielsen won the second edition, it is now time to find a new winner

The contest opens today, with 32 spaces available. To sign up just PM me to book a place, Then you have until 11pm on Monday to send me your song, If you would like to send me a song when you sign up you are also welcome to do so.
Songs will be revealed as soon as i have the opportunity to reveal them, and cannot be changed after being revealed although can be until then. Nothing will be revealed until 5pm tonight

The Rules
There is no limit on when the song was released, can be 2012 or as far back asthe 1960s
The song must be performed by a Swedish artist, or have at least one swedish parent, be any former real life Melodifestivalen contestant or be successful or noted in Sweden (might be tricky to define but we will come to some arrangement
No artist may have more than one song, obviously whoever sends them first will get it, the other(s) will have to choose another
However the song cannot have been performed as an entry in the real Melodifestivalen or Eurovision before (or the first two editions of this)
The song can not be more than 5 minutes in length
As with the real melodifestivalen there will be interval acts, balloons and some of the best music Sweden has to offer.

Voting
Songs will compete in 4 separate semi finals (deltävlingar) of 8.
The voting will probably be the 12,10,8,6,4,2,1 method.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to vote in every deltävling, If you have a song in the given deltävling, you must vote.
After the voting, the top two will go 'Direkt till Swedbank' and the 3rd and 4th place will go to andra chansen.
The international jury will select one of the 16 5th-8th places to join the final, making it an 11 song affair.

D1 - Leksand
D2 - Göteborg
D3 - Linköping
D4 - Malmö
AC - Sundsvall
F - Swedbank Arena - Stockholm

Sign ups will close on Sunday at 11pm, and at that point if i don't have 32, there will be a random draw to see who gets a second place. I will only be competing myself if not all 32 places are taken.

Call for songs open now!

Comments

• JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fun!!!
    Just cant think of a song at the mo :(

Ah, no time limit.
    Then easier ;)

But difficult.
    Too many to choose from...
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo, we're off to Swedbank!:p

Will the performers be required to wear hard hats whilst performing?:p
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way to see somewhere which songs have already been used in earlier editions..?
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Is there any way to see somewhere which songs have already been used in earlier editions..?

Yes, sorry, should have put this up earlier :)

http://dsfe.wikia.com/wiki/DS_Fantasy_Melodifestivalen

6 sign ups so far, And one more thing to everyone, ABBA has already been taken! So please no more, have already received 2 requests for an ABBA song which i had to turn down, and it wasn't me that took them by the way!
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Herro there :)
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an idea, but for the final, for the international jury kinda thing, maybe we can do it like recent MelFest's, and do each song gets a percentage of a predetermined amount of points, with that percentage representing the percentage of votes they get in the international juries vote. Something like that, instead of just a multiple of the normal vote scheme. Just an idea...
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an idea, but for the final, for the international jury kinda thing, maybe we can do it like recent MelFest's, and do each song gets a percentage of a predetermined amount of points, with that percentage representing the percentage of votes they get in the international juries vote. Something like that, instead of just a multiple of the normal vote scheme. Just an idea...

Yes please do this instead. I don't vote when my vote counts for nothing. 430 points would be given out by the jury.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balloons! That's the bit that got me excited -I trust we won't have to blow them up ourselves? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking at the moment of doing it so everyone who has an entry in the final is a jury and then everyone else who votes contributes to the televote (which like the real MF would be responsible for 50% of the result). Although possible problems like not many voting in the final aside the finalists and if someone has 2 finalists could change this. Maybe reversing it so the non finalists are juries and the finalists are the televote would work better. We'll think about it.

And as said above in the semi finals, everyones vote counts the same, whether you have an entry in that semi final or not.
    I just don't think having 7 out of 31 other players voting on one's song gives a fair enough representation, if you see what i mean. What if the 7 you are against in your heat hate it, yet the 24 others love it, its a potential contender gone in the semi final!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Balloons! That's the bit that got me excited -I trust we won't have to blow them up ourselves? :D

haha, well in any case, the first balloon is for you, happy birthday! :)
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    youngswede wrote: »
    I'm thinking at the moment of doing it so everyone who has an entry in the final is a jury and then everyone else who votes contributes to the televote (which like the real MF would be responsible for 50% of the result). Although possible problems like not many voting in the final aside the finalists and if someone has 2 finalists could change this. Maybe reversing it so the non finalists are juries and the finalists are the televote would work better. We'll think about it.

And as said above in the semi finals, everyones vote counts the same, whether you have an entry in that semi final or not.
    I just don't think having 7 out of 31 other players voting on one's song gives a fair enough representation, if you see what i mean. What if the 7 you are against in your heat hate it, yet the 24 others love it, its a potential contender gone in the semi final!

I totally agree with this. It encourages people to listen to the songs outside their heats too.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've decided to sign up, but if you evil sluts put me last in the semi again there'll be hell to pay! :p
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    youngswede wrote: »

Yes, I like this idea. I remember last time, loads of ones I liked in different heats didnt make it through, and if mine were a vote itself, it might of made them qualify (Probably still wouldn't) :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over half an hour until the first song is revealed :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our first entry to be revealed is by no other than one of Sweden's most famous bands - ABBA!
    They are competing here with one of their lesser known songs Suzy-hang-around. ABBA have won melodifestivalen before back in 1974 and achieved 3rd place in 1973, can they win again nearly 40 years later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNRwXDLXNSc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another established artist for our second song. Peter Jöback, after 14 albums and over 20 singles, he will be trying in Melodifestivalen again after his power ballad Hollow in 2010. But can he do better than 9th place?
    He will be singing "Higher"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORETmdsWEs4

Next we have Sheelah, a duo consisting of ex caracola members Emma Lewin och Emelie Rosén, Like Jöback and ABBA they have also competed before, but have never reached the final, that will no doubt be their goal here as they sing "the last time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wduOKu9Na2Y
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the answer is going to be negative, but no harm in asking: would a band who has just a Swedish singer (and the rest of the band are not, being from a neighbouring country) qualify to take part in this? :D
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheelah was in last years fantasy contests and did very well so think it will here too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    I think the answer is going to be negative, but no harm in asking: would a band who has just a Swedish singer (and the rest of the band are not, being from a neighbouring country) qualify to take part in this? :D

Yes that would be fine :)
    Something else i forgot earlier :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next up another MF veteran, Charlotte Perrelli, she will be singing Little braveheart with another singer well known in the eurovision circuit, Kate Ryan, Charlotte hopes Kate will help her to her third win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqN2RxzuOaQ

Making their MF debut are electropop band Niki & The Dove with the song Tomorrow. The band formed in 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZIpE3ybA8&ob=av2e
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheelah was in last years fantasy contests and did very well so think it will here too

I doubt it tbh. Ola won by a landslide in that contest and came last in the semi here with the same song. I think this is quite an unfortunate choice, assuming the person who picked it didn't know it won the other contest.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there still space available?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another two MF debutants now grace us.

First up is Amanda Jenssen with her song Happyland. The 23 year old is relatively new to the music world after coming 2nd on Swedish Idol in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYg_0IaHYo

Moa Lignell now, also a former idol contestant, she came 3rd in last years competition. She hopes her song "When i held ya" Will do well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHprDgB3Wmg&ob=av2n
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    is there still space available?

Yes there are still about 15-20 spaces left :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will start searching for a song