Options

Absolute Radio

THE HEADLESS DJTHE HEADLESS DJ Posts: 289
Forum Member
I noticed this morning Tues Dec 21st that Oc finished early before saying not sure weather Russ Williams is in this morning, what dont they pass this information on to their breakfast dj .. outta of the ads the station played a track then when in to the news at 10am -- I'm little curious as to why this happened -- any ideas

Comments

• Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he say that at all.Terrible DJ'ing IMO why did he not just say ok thats it for me see you tomorrow on all of our radio stations:D
  • Options
    RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read on Radio Today that Lucio is doing weekday breakfast on Planet Rock from January, is he leaving Absolute Radio?
  • Options
    zingzing Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't he do weekends on Absolute?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridgieman wrote: »
    Just read on Radio Today that Lucio is doing weekday breakfast on Planet Rock from January, is he leaving Absolute Radio?

As much as I like Lucio, he's no replacement for Alice Cooper.
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's going to still do the Friday night 80s but give up weekend breakfast:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/22/planet-rock-cooper-buffone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »
    He's going to still do the Friday night 80s but give up weekend breakfast:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/22/planet-rock-cooper-buffone

I wonder who will get the Weekend Breakfast gigs? Darren Lee maybe. or possibly Sarah Champion?
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who will get the Weekend Breakfast gigs? Darren Lee maybe. or possibly Sarah Champion?

Vicki Blight

http://onegoldensquare.com/2010/12/lucio-by-paul-sylvester/
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was listening to Absolute this morning, I was sure he just introduced Russ as coming on next but then I was just waking up :D

On a side note, Russ sounds so bored :( I used to listen to him quite a lot and he didn't sound energetic or lively at all today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dpb wrote: »

Wonder if that means then she will have to give up the Sunday Night Music Club programme in the new year or whether she will do both?

Glad Lucio is staying to do Absolute 80's.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I like Lucio, he's no replacement for Alice Cooper.

I may have been a little harsh earlier on Lucio when I found out he's replacing Alice on breakfast, however I look forward to hearing what he can do to maintain and gain listeners in that slot in the new year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Sarah Champion could be given a regular slot on the Absolute Radio Schedule. Top Presenter, and enjoy listening to her shows. Didnt she used to do Sunday Breakfast before Lucio?
  • Options
    Jesus FreakJesus Freak Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Sarah Champion could be given a regular slot on the Absolute Radio Schedule. Top Presenter, and enjoy listening to her shows. Didnt she used to do Sunday Breakfast before Lucio?

I think she's planning to go back to America again isn't she?:
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was listening to Absolute Radio overnight and in to this afternoon and loved the music they're playing as part of "greatest hits". Please keep it up Absolute, your normal playlist of Snow Patrol, The Automatic and other crap is such a turn off for me.

Loved hearing Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell, REM - Man On The Moon, Guns N Roses - November Rain, David Bowie - China Girl etc plus some of the recent stuff. I'm not a regular listener to Absolute but whenever I tune in, it's hit or miss for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's planning to go back to America again isn't she?:

Is she? I know she has been over there for a bit but has been doing quite a bit of cover work on Absolute Radio in the last few months.